Complaint/Demand

NicciBobThai

Hi everyone,

This is a great forum which I have been following for a while now but never posted myself. Now I have something on my mind, I have been residing in Phuket for over 3 years now, on and off, not there right now, but getting back in a week. I have been thinking about what to do for a while now, but I came to the conclusion I must do something. I have this neighbour, Dutch guy, he's a thug and a very violent guy. Moreover I think he's laundering dirty money through his business. Thing is, I really don't care about other peoples business, but this guy is really bad news and I want to demand him/rat him out. My question, how do I go forward with this? Should I get in touch with imigration? Any suggestions?

Thanks

NicciBob

If you value your life, mind your own business.

If the guy is doing things that are illegal and you shop him to immigration he could get very nasty.

That's not the advice I was looking for, I know that by myself, but I need to do something. Can't take the guy anymore. So, again, what's the thing to do? Rat him out to imigration? I know he's laundering money, among other things, but that's maybe the best thing to get him with.

Suggestions?

Cheers

NBT

OP you do not need to do anything , but mind your own business.

What you know means nothing, if he finds out you ratted on him.

It appears you are hell bent on interfering.

For your families sake i hope you have good life insurance.

C'mon man, I don't need advice on what or what not to do. I asked a simple question here. A simple answer would be much appreciated

C'mon man, I don't need advice on what or what not to do. I asked a simple question here. A simple answer would be much appreciated

I smell a troll.

Op, you say you 'think' he is laundering money, well I think you you may need more evidence than that.

Don't worry about what I need, I just want to know where to go with this, that's all. Is that so difficult.

And if you smell a troll, just don't answer my post,I was just asking a simple question, nothing else. If you already see a conspiracy behind this, just don't bother to answer.

Op, you say you 'think' he is laundering money, well I think you you may need more evidence than that.

Don't worry about what I need, I just want to know where to go with this, that's all. Is that so difficult.

And if you smell a troll, just don't answer my post,I was just asking a simple question, nothing else. If you already see a conspiracy behind this, just don't bother to answer.

And this is a public forum, if you don't like the answers, don't bother to post!

If you, as an occasional visitor, know of this mans behaviour then certainly other more long term residents of the area do too - and quite possibly the police, if they do nothing why should you decide to interfere?

Is he in some way impinging on your life? Threatening you? Or does his mere existence morally offend you to such an extnt that you "can't take it anymore"?

If any of the above ...... MOVE.

Otherwise just mind your own business and get on with your own life.

Patrick

This kind of graveness/problems best be handled and reported by a Thai person preferably one that can't

be easily connected to you , or a slew of letters, again, in Thai, to several governments agencies that might be interested

in such case will be the way to go signed or anonymous in nature, while keeping yourself out of the picture....

Edited by ezzra

This kind of graveness/problems best be handled and reported by a Thai person preferably one that can't

be easily connected to you , or a slew of letters, again, in Thai, to several governments agencies that might be interested

in such case will be the way to go signed or anonymous in nature, while keeping yourself out of the picture....

Thanks so much, first helpful answer

Best advice so far for the OP by blackcab above:

Go to the police station with your evidence and make a complaint.
In case the OP does not know about the laws on defamation in Thailand are quite severe, keep this in mind:
6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.
Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

Closed