DSD to promote Thailand as hub of elderly aged care

webfact

I'm sure they will 'take care' of you once your Thai care-takers 'forget' to arrange for your 'elderly aged care visa' annual extension renewal at which point the immigration police move you from the care-taker's premises and relocate you to an over-stay prison to die in filth and squalor, well, unless your family can fill the 'brown envelop' with sufficient monetary persuasion. Of course, old age with it's concurrent sickness, forgetfulness, and dementia is no excuse for over-staying a visa!

I suppose, if only theoretically, I fall into the elderly aged group - though I should have thought one or the other, not both. So I suggest that the DSD ('S' for business?) look to the other end of the age scale for guidance and take a step at a time ... starting with the assault courses that pass for pavements in LoS. Without doing something about the lamentable state of care of these sidewalks, and the rash of signposts that sprawl across every one, the hub will be smack in the middle of collapsed spokes, and of no interest to any 'elderly aged' who is concerned for their health.

This must be a joke.... immigration is working on bad people in, good people out , so, how they gonna arrange to be the 'hub"

A Quick walk around our small town and surrounding area will show that very little is being done for the indigenous aged population. Local hospitals are a joke, weigh yourself, tell them what height you are, accept a drip inserted into your hand, regardless of the medical problem. Friends and families sleeping under the hospital bed of the aged patient, and halls full of accompanying families.

Who are these aged care providers that are undertaking the DSD "business development programme"? The key word here being "business"

A poor reflection on the country. This is a poorly thought out idea.

Thought out, what thought is that?

I have sent this idea 2 years ago to some ministery if Thailand and you see it is their idea !

But they start as an amateurish way. so the Philippines are going this much better and will be the place cause all staff amd nirses speaks fluent English.

When you want to do this you have to set up buildings with 400 or more rooms to keep it cheap and perfect.

No experience, but they think they can do..........No way without foreigners!

Our insurance-companies don't pay if it is only Thai management.

Good Luck!

Yep, fluent English is ideal for the Greeks, Italians, Spanish, Russian etc.

Can it be organised that all these "expert" government heads issue these statements all together on the 1st April each year, imagine the money that could be saved each year with just one news release - and of course being 1st April we would all know it's a load of BS and not to be taken seriously.

Great idea. I'm in. Already living in Pattaya - hub for elderly ravers and tough grandads. I don't want to end up in a shitty NHS old folks home. I want my bed baths and spoon feeding from a Thai sweet. Bring it on!

Edited by The manic

I have sent this idea 2 years ago to some ministery if Thailand and you see it is their idea !

But they start as an amateurish way. so the Philippines are going this much better and will be the place cause all staff amd nirses speaks fluent English.

When you want to do this you have to set up buildings with 400 or more rooms to keep it cheap and perfect.

No experience, but they think they can do..........No way without foreigners!

Our insurance-companies don't pay if it is only Thai management.

Good Luck!

Yep, fluent English is ideal for the Greeks, Italians, Spanish, Russian etc.
English is a world language. Don't worry.

I'm sure they will 'take care' of you once your Thai care-takers 'forget' to arrange for your 'elderly aged care visa' annual extension renewal at which point the immigration police move you from the care-taker's premises and relocate you to an over-stay prison to die in filth and squalor, well, unless your family can fill the 'brown envelop' with sufficient monetary persuasion. Of course, old age with it's concurrent sickness, forgetfulness, and dementia is no excuse for over-staying a visa!

Hospitals have a special visa section. Care homes could as well. It's a great idea.

Is that the same hospitality, affordable fees and word standard medical service that left the British women to die in a Bangkok hospital, because of an incredibly high bill that the family couldn't foot?

that isn't the fault of the hospital. It's the fault of the woman and her family for being poor.
Wrong!

It is, morally, the fault of the hospital.

Money before compassion, keeping a very ill woman prisoner as a leverage for payment, in the knowledge there is no money to pay the artificially high bills.

And most of all, since when it is a fault not to be rich?

This case shows again that private healthcare is wrong, morally because it only tenders for the rich, and practically because it puts a huge pressure on non private healthcare.

Shameful, immoral reaction.

I thought they took care of her till the day she died. Anyway some people might find her actions as less than ethical travelling without the means to support herself with no travel insurance and, albeit in a passive way, demanding free treatment. The hospital is not to blame in any way.

But they leave patients to die in agony cos they have little idea of ;palliative care, or keep you on pointless, and of course expensive life support due to their dumb religious beliefs, hub of daftness more like

I have been in hospital 3 times in Thailand and the care was brilliant- caring - compassionate and efficient. In the UK hospitals are just dreadful - dirty and lacking compassion. I have had the misfortune to have experienced NHS hospitals 4 times in 55 years. I now take all my treatment in Thailand if I can - at least the doctors speak English in Thailand!

'Thailand, the hub...', revisited one more time, sigh...

(What irritates me the most with these 'the hub' things, is that to me it seems they always succeed in picking things to be 'the hub' of not one non-Thai human, even lobotomised and in a late stage of dementia, could consider it possible for Thailand to be, or, with a lot of humour (erm, is it really...?) stuff on the smallest, remotest, least populated, confetti island of the Micronesia archipelago not even a rat would, ever, give a farth about being 'the hub' of...!)

'The magnificent art of Thai shadow puppetry'...

(Do I need to do anything about it myself? Ah, no, OK then, how much money can I make with it? Hmm, in cash, that much, but really, sure, no rules, no liability, no responsibility, hmm, very OK then! I look for a cheap building tomorrow, and hire unqualified staff next week, when will the first hunderd arrive...?)

Great idea. I'm in. Already living in Pattaya - hub for elderly ravers and tough grandads. I don't want to end up in a shitty NHS old folks home. I want my bed baths and spoon feeding from a Thai sweet. Bring it on!

Dream on... Hope for you you never wake up again anymore... Thai sweet... LOL

You forgot about the plundered bank accounts, with factual complicity of the bank agency's staff, as a (Thai...) stranger to you (with no legal access to your assets) will in most cases I know about (too, manyalas) allow that (female?) Thai to empty your saving account(s)! (A hint: NEVER let anyone 'accompany' you in your bank office, at the teller, etc.: a few times are enough to get the false excuse, after: oh, you always come together with that person...) Yeah, yeah, go try to get your money back, to have access to the CCTV records, to copies of documents: na-da! The general reaction of the banks' regional(!) offices is: no, get out, sue us when you dare! As for the BiBs, indeed, as you could guess... 'Me take good care of you', LOL!

You forgot about the plundered bank accounts, with factual complicity of the bank agency's staff, as a (Thai...) stranger to you (with no legal access to your assets) will in most cases I know about (too, manyalas) allow that (female?) Thai to empty your saving account(s)! (A hint: NEVER let anyone 'accompany' you in your bank office, at the teller, etc.: a few times are enough to get the false excuse, after: oh, you always come together with that person...) Yeah, yeah, go try to get your money back, to have access to the CCTV records, to copies of documents: na-da! The general reaction of the banks' regional(!) offices is: no, get out, sue us when you dare! As for the BiBs, indeed, as you could guess... 'Me take good care of you', LOL!
This sounds like deluded, paranoid drivel. Have you ever lived in Thailand?

Oddly enough for a change, if they were clever Thailand could indeed be a hub of aged care. Some western countries subsidise it and others not, it can be very expensive for aged care in the west.

When the Thais really want to turn on the charm they are very good at it, costs and wages are lower here. Cynicism aside if setup properly a Thai aged care home could be a more pleasant and cheaper alternative.