What theater in downtown recommended to watch new Star Trek?

smo

I usually go see movies (not that often, but when big ones come out) at my local mall's top floor.

However the new Star Trek being 2.5 hrs long I think I better find something more plush and treat myself to a wonderful viewing. I'm going to see it solo so no need to get love-seating, also my vision (senior wearing glasses) is limited to 2D and regular (non-Imax) screen. Basically I just want some posh movie palace experience for this movie which has a very good action director (Justin Lin of the Fast and Furious kind) at the helm; plus Simon Pegg, my fave british guy beside being in the movie, also has a hand in shaping the script (I think he's making himself indispensable to the franchise - good career move!)

So what's your recommendation? Thank you much in advance and wish you all a nice day.thumbsup.gif

The various cinemas at Siam Paragon are probably a good bet but, frankly, Star Trek Beyond is a disappointment (and I'm normally a fan).

Yeah, I was looking around for the best seat in the house and then I listened to my favorite film week review of the week and heard one critic said she got bored during the action scenes (simply they jam in too many action scenes to fill in the hole where a plot shoud be).

[Which reminds me a bit of dialogue in a Norman Mailer adaptation movie which I forgot the title]

(Isabella Rossellini playing the) Wife: "Sex with you is boring nowadays..."

Husband: "But I made you come five times last night!"

Wife: "And none of them was good."

There you go. Oh well I think I go back to the top floor of the mall if I want to watch this Star Trek, but I don't think so.

I'll save the best seat for the next Fury Road.

Thanks for all the tips and links guys, really appreciated it thumbsup.gif

Probably ATMOS at Central World? Or Happiness screen at Central World?

Pavalai at Siam Paragon is one of the best theaters, but Star Trek only played there one day. Go by tomorrow as a slew of new films open on Thursday incl. Suicide Squad and Jason Bourne.

Simon Pegg also penned the screenplay. Doing well at the box office, reviews are mixed.

Edited by mtls2005