Kickass Torrent down and out.

BuaBS

Very sad day today : Feds seize KickassTorrents domains, arrest owner:

https://torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-kickasstorrents-domains-charge-owner-160720/

http://gizmodo.com/your-favorite-torrent-site-kickasstorrents-goes-offline-1784003881

By far the best torrent site , now offline.

More than a year ago they got Yify , now KAT itself. Sad sad day.

Yes there are others , but they don't come close to KAT.

More time wasted to look for content.

Haven't bothered with KA for months. Many other streaming sites, no waiting for potentially dodgy downloads.

Not being too expert in this any clues? I only just mastered Kat after Pirate Bay

Easy peasy. Without me mentioning anything illegal, why don't you just google on "best download sites"?

It should not be hard to choose one, and then use google again to go to that page.....

I can't get on TPB either, for several hours now. Is it just me?

TPB works.

But it is not such a good site.

Not all uploaders that were on KAT are on others. Many torrentsites don't give the option to sort the found torrents on when it was uploaded or size. Some don't mention the uploader. Most don't give links to picture previews...so your downloading blind. Some are so messy visually ...a turn off to use. Kat was easy and nice to look at , logical and had a wide range of uploads.

I had my search words and found everything I wanted, every day. Great for p0rn too.

Lets hope it comes back, but I doubt it.

The trouble is ; the founder of the site wanted to earn too much off of it with ads...that's how they caught him. TPB is more a group of people , so when some get arrested , others set up alternative sites.

Very sad for the guy who is risking 20 years. I hope they don't extradite him.

I have one invite left to Torrent Day if anyone wants it. I have used it for a long time. Everything is what it says it is. I pay about $20 a month, you can use it for free though.

You always have to log in...and they keep an eye on your seeding/leeching , no thanks.

KAT is free , no log on , no-one keeps an eye on you. Easy , efficient.

Torrents is so 1990's, didn't realize they are still around.

So what is it in your decade ? Streaming ? No thanks. Torrents are easy , fast enough , very tolerant for bad internet connections , dropouts,...

You always have to log in...and they keep an eye on your seeding/leeching , no thanks.

I only give a donation. I don't have to pay. Only time i log in is when i clear cookie etc.

I could care less about seeding and leaching.

KAT was full of viruses

I only give a donation. I don't have to pay. Only time i log in is when i clear cookie etc.

I could care less about seeding and leaching.

KAT was full of viruses

"KAT was full of viruses" ???

Years and years on KAT ... no virusses , no malware ...not even in the nasty pop up image sites that show previews .

Private torrent sites are more secure than those public ones, because there is control of what is posted and the torrent files live longer. I love private torrents in combination with a seed box and a fast FTP connection.

I have one invite left to Torrent Day if anyone wants it. I have used it for a long time. Everything is what it says it is. I pay about $20 a month, you can use it for free though.

Torrents is so 1990's, didn't realize they are still around.

So what is it in your decade ? Streaming ? No thanks. Torrents are easy , fast enough , very tolerant for bad internet connections , dropouts,...
Torrent day, though I haven't used it in a few months (because I use exodus on kodi) was excellent and blazingly fast especially with a seed box. A private trackers with no leeches have their benefits.

Kat on the other hand can not even compare to torrentday because it has been shut down. Not so efficient.

Private torrent sites are more secure than those public ones, because there is control of what is posted and the torrent files live longer. I love private torrents in combination with a seed box and a fast FTP connection.

Agree.

Im surprised at how this guy allowed himself to be caught.

Made some amateurish mistakes.

Used an IP address for an iTunes purchase….then used the same IP address to log in to KAT's Facebook account….no doubt apple and Facebook have no issues with treating people's privacy like crap and were happy to dob a customer in.

Also the Feds posed as an advertiser and asked him where to wire the money…that's how they got his bank details…maybe he should have used bit coin….or just good ol' western union.

Apparently, his account shows 28 million euros in deposits…a helluva operation.

Im surprised at how this guy allowed himself to be caught.

Made some amateurish mistakes.

Used an IP address for an iTunes purchase….then used the same IP address to log in to KAT's Facebook account….no doubt apple and Facebook have no issues with treating people's privacy like crap and were happy to dob a customer in.

Also the Feds posed as an advertiser and asked him where to wire the money…that's how they got his bank details…maybe he should have used bit coin….or just good ol' western union.

Apparently, his account shows 28 million euros in deposits…a helluva operation.

"Don't get high on your own supply." Didn't he learn from Scarface?

Only old torrents .

Weird that there is no complete copy of the website .... and host it ... maybe in North Korea ... Surely Kim would get the pirates in.

Outrages that the US can take down websites hosted in other countries.

They haven't taken down the websites.... just appropriated the Domain names.

Look for kat.ru or similar appearing soon.

thumbsup.gif

Archived