visa run to KL

hi all, i am staying in CM currently, and my visa is running out in 2 days, i have a flight booked for the 24th, and return flight booked about 6:30am on the 25th

basically i just want the 30 day entry visa (or 30+30) again, and i have talked to friends who just fly to KL, then fly back without doing anything at an embassy or anything like that

is my information right? or do i have to do something else? my plans ATM were to just fly there, sleep in airport, fly back and get the 30 day tourist visa again, and as my friends tell me, to get that, all i need to do is fly there, go through the gates, then fly back

but after looking on these forums, and doing some searches, i am concerned that i actually need to stay overnight, and visit the embassy??

any advice? cheers.

Edited by cnxvegan

You can fly out and back on the same day to get a new 30 day visa exempt entry (it is not a tourist visa) without a problem unless you have done several visa exempt entries already.

No need to go the embassy to apply for a tourist visa plus you might not get one in Kl if you did.

You can fly out and back on the same day to get a new 30 day visa exempt entry (it is not a tourist visa) without a problem unless you have done several visa exempt entries already.

No need to go the embassy to apply for a tourist visa plus you might not get one in Kl if you did.

Cheers, so i literally just need to fly there, do whatever producedures i need to to get through the gate, then come back?

Cheers, so i literally just need to fly there, do whatever producedures i need to to get through the gate, then come back?

Yes

i have a flight booked for the 24th, and return flight booked about 6:30am on the 25th

If preferred it could also be done in one day, nonstop CNX - KUL.

Almost 4h in KUL is plenty.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Singapore is also an option as it is a much nicer airport (swimming pool, paid lounge access, movie theater, roof top bar and smoking access, etc.). it is also easier to book a round trip flight on the same day.

Kurt

Sorry to ask on this topic, but my tourist visa ends on July 27th, and I'm flying to Europe on August 10th.

Can I get 14 days visa exempt by flying to KL and returning to Bangkok on the same day?

I assume you mean your 60 day entry from your tourist visa ends on the 27th of July. Have you obtained a 30 day extension of it yet at immigration for a fee of 1900 baht.

Flying out and back on the same day would give you a 30 day visa exempt entry. By land you would allow a 15 day entry or 30 days if from a G7 country.

Yes, as others have pointed out it can be dome.

You probably could, if you came in on a 60 day tourist visa also get a 30 day extension at immigration for 1900 Baht which would be added on to your 60 day entry stamp, thus giving you a total of 90 days in country.

if you originally came in on a 30 day visa exempt entry, you probably also get a 2nd visa exempt entry (another 30 days) for the same 1900 Baht at immigration also.

Or, if you want to be a bit adventurous, check into a train trip on the overnight sleeper into Malaysia.

2nd class air conditioned is not that expensive on the overnight sleeper train to Penang (Georgetown) in Malaysia

Take your cell phone and/or a camera and take a lot of pictures of the Thai and Malaysian countryside from the train.

Pretend you are a real tourist, and see something other than the inside of bars.

It is your choice, pick the one you want.

The train however, would require a cheap hotel overnight in Georgeown....you could find a number of cheap hotels with a breakfast jncluded in Georgetown.

Edited by IMA_FARANG