If my wife refuses to divorce me?

what can I do?

1. Secure all your vital documents immediately. Keep them out of your wife's reach. Change computer passwords if she knows them.

2. Open a new, secret bank account with a fresh bank.

3. Close all old accounts and withdraw cash.

4. Put cash in new account.

5. Pack your stuff and leave.

6. After 1 year your wife can divorce you for abandonment. After 3 years either of you can divorce for separation. When there is no contact or cash from you she will want a divorce...

2. Open a new, secret bank account with a fresh bank abroad

if you have given her over 500,000bht.plus 50,000 for appliances over the course of marriage then you are entitled to half the car aswell as every thing else.

as its already been suggested get all your money out of the bank and kiss her arse goodbuy.

as you say you have only given her 550,000bht.for her services you can count yourself lucky.

it could easily have been 550,000pounds.

if she has a new farang boyfriend she will be looking for a quick divorce so she can hook another.

Make sure you get the half with the steering wheel and pedals.

what can I do?

I don't have a pre nup agreement. Can she legally take half my money in the bank in exchange for divorce?

I have given her over 500,000 over the course of our marriage and she used it to buy a new car etc ( still has the car ).

Spent at least 50,000 for appliances, tv etc which she can have.

Thanks for advice that helps.

A whole 500,000 and some second hand appliances. Why is she not divorcing you?

what can I do?

I don't have a pre nup agreement. Can she legally take half my money in the bank in exchange for divorce?

I have given her over 500,000 over the course of our marriage and she used it to buy a new car etc ( still has the car ).

Spent at least 50,000 for appliances, tv etc which she can have.

Thanks for advice that helps.

Baht or U.S. $$... ??

Will assume baht..

She bought a new vehicle for 500,000 baht..

And 50000 baht for appliances..

Sounds like she should get all the money you have in the bank!

But, she refuses to divorce you??

Edited by D3030

How low can you go after 10,685 posts. Are you trolling?

It is like an old friend of mine. He told me he could not come to work, because his uncle had died. Same uncle died three times.

Used to have blokes that couldn't come to work on time because it was dark in the morning and the lights on their car didn't work.

Jesus... A Thai divorce is so simple and fair, much more fair than in most Christian countries. Whatever was owned before marriage stays as is, whatever was acquired during marriage is shared 50/50 regardless of if it's in the name of the wife or husband. Including money in the bank.

If the money in your bank account is from before the marriage, then prove it, if the money was acquired during marriage and you want to be unfair, then move it

Isn't the appreciation of assets held before the marriage also included?

how to get out ? open an account outzide of thailand that she dont know.withdraw all ur funds in CASH and get it out of the country or to a safe debosit box far away from ur place., and as another posyer said send her for a trip and sell everything inc the car and move away before she is back,

Jesus... A Thai divorce is so simple and fair, much more fair than in most Christian countries. Whatever was owned before marriage stays as is, whatever was acquired during marriage is shared 50/50 regardless of if it's in the name of the wife or husband. Including money in the bank.

If the money in your bank accountarrow-10x10.png is from before the marriage, then prove it, if the money was acquired during marriage and you want to be unfair, then move it

I have no animosity towards her, and don't wish to deprive her of the car or the appliances. However, I need my money, and can't afford to be losing half of it.

I wouldn't even bother with the divorce except the married rate of pension back home is too low to live on, so need to be single if I go back home. She wouldn't want to get divorced, so just trying to find out my options.

"However, I need my money, and can't afford to be losing half of it."

She gave you the best years of her life,now it's "my" money and i want to keep all of it.

If the money in your bank account is from before the marriage, then prove it, if the money was acquired during marriage and you want to be unfair, then move it

I have no animosity towards her, and don't wish to deprive her of the car or the appliances. However, I need my money, and can't afford to be losing half of it.

I wouldn't even bother with the divorce except the married rate of pension back home is too low to live on, so need to be single if I go back home. She wouldn't want to get divorced, so just trying to find out my options.

Two things I guess is where did you two get married. And depends where you originate from. I married my Thai wife if NZ so was simple as waiting two years and filed in NZ court. Helped she co signed papers without any issues. As others have said Divorce in Thailand straight forward so if married in Thai do that. However you could get a legal separation in the meantime. And this should satisfy your Govt that you are entitled to a single Pension. I know this is how NZ looks at it. So maybe of some assistance to you depending on your Country of Origin

I agree with what happylarry is saying. My impression of Thailand and Thai law is they tend to be more 'hands off' your bank accounts. If your bank account is in your name it will not be so easy to just take your money, especially if it's a common persons money, like not billions of baht. In the US you have a disagreement with the IRS next thing you know they went strait to your bank account and just seized the money and then some, even when its just a few thousand dollars. Here at least if you were delinquent in taxes they will threaten you with jail, but at least they will tell you that YOU have to pay them, not just them going and taking the money.

back on the subject, one sure way to protect your money is to put it in a secret account but what I don't like about that is like in my case a have a good relationship with my wife and her family; if i suddenly die or get very sick, I want them to know where my money is, otherwise it would get wasted and just disappear with my wife suffering because of that.. but since you do not have a good relationship with your wife its probably secret account time.