PM grumbles at Thai PBS

rooster59

saying that the public broadcaster tends not to report on the government’s achievements but to report on public complaints against the government

Um, isn't that what the NNT is for?

Doesn't the daily glorified propaganda from that North Korea-style media outlet balance out what ThaiPBS publishes?

"The prime minister warned that he might have to look into the budget of Thai PBS again."

​That echoes the very same narrative of thaksin when he muzzled the media under his vicious regime when the newspapers did not report to his expectations. Except he said he would pull advertising from them as they were not funded by govt budgets.

Can understand it now and it is to be expected as Thailand is run by the military.

So to resume : when thaksin do it : not ok

When army do it : ok

What a joke!

I am a really good man. I do not have an agenda. I have no desire for power. I have no desire to enrich myself, as I am already very, very rich. I am doing this for my people. I do not make any mistakes, I never say anything wrong, I am a perfect leader. And under my watch the country is really improving. Just look at all the amazing programs I have created, and support. I am very, very smart, and can see things most other people cannot.

Why don't the Thai people, and the media appreciate the sacrifices I am making for them, and the selfless service I am offering them? Why don't my people love me more? The media should be nice to me, especially with the massive censorship I have imposed. They are not supposed to say anything bad. Why do they defy me? What are they thinking? Am I not a superhero? Do they not see that? And why does the foreign media, and so many foreign governments choose to criticize me? I just do not understand that. I think they do not understand Thailand. But, my own people understand Thailand. None of this makes any sense to me. I am really confused.

Edited by spidermike007

perhaps a North Korea-style media would please the good general

i was thinking that thumbsup.gif

The General needs to find someone the equivalent of Ri Chun-hee She who is the only woman Kim Jong-Un trusts to deliver his most important.......... ........erm " news " giggle.gif

post-149848-0-49631700-1469251450_thumb.

"The prime minister warned that he might have to look into the budget of Thai PBS again."

​That echoes the very same narrative of thaksin when he muzzled the media under his vicious regime when the newspapers did not report to his expectations. Except he said he would pull advertising from them as they were not funded by govt budgets.

Can understand it now and it is to be expected as Thailand is run by the military.

And do you agree with it?

The good general is no different from posters on Thai Visa, always complaining about something....

The "PM" is very different from the TV posters. AFAIK none of us have overthrown a legally elected government, torn up the constitution and trampled on the most basic human rights.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...coffee1.gif

Seems he is asking for a balanced commentary which is not unreasonable.

How about some commentary on why this regime who 'came to power' supposedly to simply hold the fort for a few months (reconciliation in 4-6 weeks then elections shortly after) are now blethering on about bloody potholes of all things over two years later? What next, a blocked toilet in Klong Ngae?
Unblocked - he used article 44 - it is clean round the bend .. Edited by JAG

"The prime minister disclosed that he had assigned his men to watch Thai PBS TV programmes "

Do they really need to be told because I always thought watching the TV was a part of Thai culture.

"The prime minister disclosed that he had assigned his men to watch Thai PBS TV programmes "

Do they really need to be told because I always thought watching the TV was a part of Thai culture.

His men?

Hasn't he heard of sharing?

It's always me, me, me with him.

Hmmmm

All the good that they do is to be expected and or demanded of the government while any government anywhere does not have to be praised for the good they do as that is what they are obligated to do...it is their job, so to speak ....while it is the least amount of bad that they do and in that respect they will be less criticized and possibly praised.

Meantime they have yet to earn the praise of the citizens because overall not much has changed while most people are more than certain his administration or under his administration are growing worse in some aspects while some aspects are getting better in some ways ..but over all the serious issues are not being correctly rectified.....while many of them will never be rectified...never....so stop wishing so.

Meantime the people know that the man and his administration are not there on behalf of the Thai people rather there on behalf of his interests and his agenda and in effect there on behalf of a select percent of the Thai citizens....and not the masses of Thai people...as is the standard operating procedures of nearly all government administrations that have come and gone...

Any good that can be exemplified in effect covers up all the bad that is going on while the bad that is going on is hard to track and hard to expose and much harder to rectify.

Any good deeds done can, often enough, be publically shown and displayed and praised and used as a form of propaganda to appease the public and divert the publics attention away from all the bad problems going on under his administration while he has basically not addressed the serious issues in any serious or meaningful way.

I did not expect anything much to change under his administration same as all the other administrations that have come and gone while what you see on the surface, over all, looks the same while what goes on below the surface, more or less, remains the same...and life goes on as usual with very little serious disruption for probably 95% of the Thai people living here...including foreigners coming and going and expats living here.

If anything, just more inconveniences that require more tolerance to live with or having to work around various issues.....and all the more complaints and criticisms that go completely unheeded.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

Not a photo-op goes by without him looking down his sniveling nose at people thinking it somehow shows authority.

A fair trial is about as much balance as he can ask for.

Meanwhile, assigning one's "men" to watch TV channels out of paranoia is not the mark of a good leader.

Please just go away, horrid little man.

One would think that his 45 minutes speech every Friday night of his so called achievements would be enough for any one person to have to listen to.

I guess viewing figures are showing that no one is watching.