Toyota motorcycles?

ardokano

From Wiki - A motorcycle (or motorbike) is a vehicle used to transport people from one place to another. It does not have 4 wheels like a car. It has 2 wheels like a bicycle. But it has a motor like a car. A motorcycle is normally driven by one person. A passenger can also ride on the back of the motorcycle. Some motorcycles have a sidecar that can carry another passenger.

And Toyota does not make motorcycles. End of ...

It’s an interesting statement “Toyota doesn’t make motorcycles”, it’s similar as saying Volkswagen doesn’t make Ducati’s…

The situation is relative very similar, like Volkswagen who owns Audi and Audi owns Ducati… for Toyota, it owns the majority shares of Yamaha Motor. And for the Chinese hating fan club, even Lifan Group has a good amount of shares, of course nothing compared to what Toyota has… But Lifan makes use of the old Yamaha/V-Star factory in Japan…

Yamaha contribute a lot to Toyota as most of the sportier engines in Toyota cars are designed and developed by Yamaha Motor… Toyota contributes to Yamaha mostly with modern production technics…

Does Toyota have a brand name bike...?

No, Toyota doesn’t sell motorcycles with its Toyota brand – but if I needed to select a Toyota motorcycle I would select the Yamaha YZF-R1M as all its carbon-fiber parts are made by Toyota (which is almost the whole bike).

I doubt the Toyota Motor Company produces much carbon fibre, I would say you are referring to a 'Toyota Group Company' - one of their suppliers essentially, or more likely a JP chemical company like Toray Industries.

From Wiki - A motorcycle (or motorbike) is a vehicle used to transport people from one place to another. It does not have 4 wheels like a car. It has 2 wheels like a bicycle. But it has a motor like a car. A motorcycle is normally driven by one person. A passenger can also ride on the back of the motorcycle. Some motorcycles have a sidecar that can carry another passenger.

It’s an interesting statement “Toyota doesn’t make motorcycles”, it’s similar as saying Volkswagen doesn’t make Ducati’s…

The situation is relative very similar, like Volkswagen who owns Audi and Audi owns Ducati… for Toyota, it owns the majority shares of Yamaha Motor. And for the Chinese hating fan club, even Lifan Group has a good amount of shares, of course nothing compared to what Toyota has… But Lifan makes use of the old Yamaha/V-Star factory in Japan…

Yamaha contribute a lot to Toyota as most of the sportier engines in Toyota cars are designed and developed by Yamaha Motor… Toyota contributes to Yamaha mostly with modern production technics…

Toyota owns 3.57% of the shares of Yamaha motor and 0.015% of the shares of Yamaha holdings, which owns Yamaha motors.

Since when is that a majority ?

http://www.4-traders.com/YAMAHA-MOTOR-CO-LTD-6491538/company/

http://www.4-traders.com/YAMAHA-CORP-6491260/company/

I don't think that is an accurate way to think about things really.

Yamaha Motor Company's major shareholder is not Toyota (TMC), it is Yamaha Corporation at 12.21% 2015 (wiki). Toyota has various interests but it not like you say where Toyota owns a majority of shares in YMC. YMC is not really comparable to TMC. TMC is one of the world's biggest Automakers..... YMC is a fairly niche motorcycle manufacturer and is small in size compared to its larger rival Honda...and I think Kawasaki's parent KHI is the largest parent of all of them?

Anyway, Volkswagen owns Audi which owns Ducati, but Volkswagen is its self owned over 50% by Porsche SE? I think. I would say Ducati is an Italian company with German owners...like Nissan is a Japanese company with French owners.......

Lifan just uses old technology to help them profit in less developed motorcycle markets as these are very price driven. Nothing could be less exciting than a company which simply buys the old equipment from the established players in the biz..... but that is just me.

So, TMC most certainly do not make motorcycles and Volkswagen don't make Ducatis - Ducati do.....they just happen to be currently owned by VW AG.

No, read their own website about the I road (link on page 1)...Again as the message is not getting across 'Its a car, it can lean, it has a steering wheel' and Toyota themselves DO NOT call it a motorcycle, only that it has some features akin to a motorcycle. If some youtuber wants to call it a motorcycle then go ahead but its wrong.

Please move thread to car section as Toyota DO NOT make motorcycles ....clear enough?

Again you wrong, Volkswagen owns Porsches, Porsche is not anymore an independent company. Volkswagen £3.6bn deal ends four-year saga of mutual takeover bids….

According to who?

I think you'll find Porsche SE is VW AG's largest shareholder at 32.2%, but more importantly has over 50% voting rights.

So if Ducati is an Italian company, with a German owner. Nissan a Japanese company owned by Nissan is French... Does that make Yamaha have a taste of Chinese...

I don't know what you are on about Richard..... too cryptic for me this time :D

YMC kind of have a French flavour with MBK.....and have established operations in China - is that what you are getting at?

Or are you still trying to wrongly insist about Toyota owning a majority of shares of YMC? :D

1 hour ago, transam said:

:rolleyes:......Ardon....The 'Bi' in bicycle means TWO, similar Biplane, has two wings, monoplane means one wing, Triplane means three wings......A cycle with three wheels is called...a TRICYCLE.....Got it now....?

Where we talk about bicycle?

Talk about motorcycle or motorbike.

Please stop drink-drunk.

Who is ardon? Its your guy who you wait in previose ? 

Tranc i am not gay. Tell you again not intresting old tranc

26 minutes ago, transam said:

When anyone posts 'drink or drunk' THEY have lost.....First Ardon, you must learn English to TOTALLY understand stuff, though I believe you do understand stuff and are a rascal.....:clap2:

Bike...shortened version of.....Bicycle....Yes it is true..'Bi'....Which means TWO....

Now Ardon, do you now understand what 'Bi' means....?

You can glooooogle it...When you have come back and tell us...

Talk about motorcycle 

Where in word "motorcycle" you se BI??

If you "bi" its not mean all arroun you "bi".

and not necessarily in derivative words retained full meaning. the origin of the previous word.

Bike its not meaning "bi".

Again if you "bi" its you think and opinion on life. But not around be "bi". You even can be gay. Up to you.

Wait your guy.. he comming?befor you say his out.

I am pity you.

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Learn the English language before you even try to post....Must say you are really looking daft here...BUT, you have cheap everything, I envy you......Did a guarantee come with your Toyota BI----KE....?

I do not have any toyota BI--KE..

Yes i try do my best. I learn English.

you forbid me to write posts because my English is bad?

Are you?

So you, your guys bi so what why you look all around yiu mast be?

I am right?

Please tell me where in motorcycle have  "bi"?

Its when you sit on motorcycle?

4 minutes ago, transam said:

I can do here what you do, say anything........:)

But I try to be helpful if I can when it matters.......You don't do that stuff...:gigglem:

You try help wiki?

Ha ha.

So you old or not old?

Where in motorcycle have "bi"?

And your guys come? Or you previose talk some about you need wait your guy.

Sorry just curiose. You gay?

Nothing to metter  i rrspect any your choice.

But.. why need YOUR guy?

1 minute ago, transam said:

Weeeeeeeeeell, what can I say...I cannot say idiot, so will think about it...

So why just not answer yes or not?

Its easy ... so you not old? Or old? You can say  idiot? I do not ask you idiot or not.

I ask you old or not.

You gay or not? Its easy. What problem ansver?

I give you example.

I am old.

I am not gay.

What problem?

PC

Still do not anderstant you do not accept wiki meaning motorcycle?

Archived