Toyota motorcycles?

ardokano

toyota-iroad-lean-toyota-642x362.jpg

Strange that i've never seen one of those in Thailand. They do have the motocy with double frontwheels though but if this thing has aircon it's really the best vehicle for BKK and deserves a special lane.

The Toyota motocross bike shown by the OP is actually a 2009 Yamaha YZ450F, Toyota replaced many parts with carbon-fiber parts to show off… The bike was shown at the 2009 SEMA Show (Special Equipment Manufacturing Association) and it was not about the motorcycle but more about the carbon-fiber parts that Toyota made with a special by Toyota patented manufacturing process….

The Toyota motocross bike shown by the OP is actually a 2009 Yamaha YZ450F, Toyota replaced many parts with carbon-fiber parts to show off The bike was shown at the 2009 SEMA Show (Special Equipment Manufacturing Association) and it was not about the motorcycle but more about the carbon-fiber parts that Toyota made with a special by Toyota patented manufacturing process.

Ok when.

Thanks.

And how about second picture?

The Toyota motocross bike shown by the OP is actually a 2009 Yamaha YZ450F, Toyota replaced many parts with carbon-fiber parts to show off The bike was shown at the 2009 SEMA Show (Special Equipment Manufacturing Association) and it was not about the motorcycle but more about the carbon-fiber parts that Toyota made with a special by Toyota patented manufacturing process.

Ok when.

Thanks.

And how about second picture?

http://www.toyota-global.com/innovation/personal_mobility/i-road/

To the OP - apparently the answer is "No".

In general, I believe transport manufacturers go "up" in importance and technology, but not often "down". This means a 'bicycle manufacturer' may become a 'motorcycle manufacturer' and one day even a 'manufacturer of cars', but very unlikely that a car manufacturer would begin to motorcycles.

I believe Yamaha contributes to advanced engine production for Toyota - LFA, F1? etc.., so if there was ever a Toyota brand on a motorcycle I would expect it to be a Yamaha - as Richard pointed out earlier.

In general, I believe transport manufacturers go "up" in importance and technology, but not often "down". This means a 'bicycle manufacturer' may become a 'motorcycle manufacturer' and one day even a 'manufacturer of cars', but very unlikely that a car manufacturer would begin to motorcycles.

I believe Yamaha contributes to advanced engine production for Toyota - LFA, F1? etc.., so if there was ever a Toyota brand on a motorcycle I would expect it to be a Yamaha - as Richard pointed out earlier.

SO what ii it?

People say:

Bonjour! Commuting in France on Toyota’s electric motorbike

My Next Motorcycle is a . . . Toyota?

etc

so you say NO

its people dreaming?

SO what ii it?

People say:

Bonjour! Commuting in France on Toyota’s electric motorbike

etc

so you say NO

its people dreaming?

I think the secret may be in the filename of the image you have uploaded.

It seems to be called a Toyota iRoad (an electric mobility vehicle), which is one of about 30 concept vehicles listed in the 2010 - 2019 period:

Screen_Shot_2016_07_25_at_18_56_11.png

^ yep a car with 3 wheels, bit like the late 50's/ early 60's Messerschmitt CAR ...Yes it is a car.post-253269-0-90525700-1469441418_thumb.

Toyota themselves do not call it a motorbike, only that it has some features similar to a motorbike, but at the end of the day it is a car that can lean ....it also has a steering wheel, not a pair of handlebars. Conclusion : A car.

With a three-wheeler, the definition between being a car and being a motorcycle is the space between the two wheels. For instant a Yamaha Tricity is with its closely spaced front wheels a scooter. But something like a Thai tuk-tuk is a car…

Officially the UN has agreed that three-wheeled cars can be operated by a person who has a motorcycle driver’s license. But sadly Thailand did not signed all the agreements when it comes to drivers licenses.

There seem to be a few others around.....can't really understand how these ideas get into production...lol :

Relian10_tomber_cars_mr_bean.jpg

2009_xebra_sedan.jpg

wci_threewhl.jpg

I have no idea if UK law has changed but those rides are classed as a m/cycle and side car (3 wheels) and can be driven on a m/cycle license...BUT, your street cred was ZERO........sad.png
True and I think they must not have a reverse gear to by driven with a MC license.that was the problem with the re-named Henkel /Trojan. My uncle used to make then in Croydon!!!

There seem to be a few others around.....can't really understand how these ideas get into production...lol :

Relian10_tomber_cars_mr_bean.jpg

2009_xebra_sedan.jpg

wci_threewhl.jpg

I have no idea if UK law has changed but those rides are classed as a m/cycle and side car (3 wheels) and can be driven on a m/cycle license...BUT, your street cred was ZERO........sad.png
True and I think they must not have a reverse gear to by driven with a MC license.that was the problem with the re-named Henkel /Trojan. My uncle used to make then in Croydon!!!

The Honda Gold Wing GL1800 has a reverse gear also....

With a three-wheeler, the definition between being a car and being a motorcycle is the space between the two wheels. For instant a Yamaha Tricity is with its closely spaced front wheels a scooter. But something like a Thai tuk-tuk is a car…

Officially the UN has agreed that three-wheeled cars can be operated by a person who has a motorcycle driver’s license. But sadly Thailand did not signed all the agreements when it comes to drivers licenses.

Recently in Paris, I saw plenty of the 3 wheel Piaggio MP3.

Very popular and I was told you can operate on a car license.

Probably luring allot of car owners into bike ownership with 3 wheels and ease of purchase without going thru the motorbike license procedure.

The tilting front end locks so no need to put feet down.

I can see how a three wheeler would be beneficial on those cobble streets too.

Probably luring allot of car owners into bike ownership with 3 wheels and ease of purchase without going thru the motorbike license procedure.

The new European regulations establish a common minimum age in all countries for tricycles with power of more than 15 kw; it will be possible to drive these vehicles with an A license (motorcycle) from the age of 21, and in some countries (e.g., Italy, France, Spain, Finland, Czech Republic) with a B license (car), and a minimum age of 21.

The new European regulations establish a common minimum age in all countries for tricycles with power of more than 15 kw; it will be possible to drive these vehicles with an A license (motorcycle) from the age of 21, and in some countries (e.g., Italy, France, Spain, Finland, Czech Republic) with a B license (car), and a minimum age of 21.

Richard, what is the current law on 3 wheeled bikes (trikes) in Thailand? I thought they couldn't be slotted into a Thai category so they were illegal?

Richard, what is the current law on 3 wheeled bikes (trikes) in Thailand? I thought they couldn't be slotted into a Thai category so they were illegal?

In Thailand everything depends on the space between the two parallel facing wheels. If the wheels are close enough, like with the Yamaha Tricity the vehicle is seen as a regular 125cc scooter… With a Can-Am Spyder it is seen as a car, hard to tell a Thai to ride in the wind, heat, sun and other weather if he needs a car drivers license anyway… Also a Can-Am Spyder cost more than an average family car

biggrin.png ..........A car with 3 wheels..............whistling.gif

OP, where are you....?

DL for Bike?

so?

ps

Toyota I-Road 3 Wheeled Motorcycle

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2013/03/my-next-motorcycle-is-a-toyota-with-video/

Ok Ok

may be u much more "expert" about Toyota..( now even you cnow fuel filter need change wow!!

but not without facts and vostroenie them in a logical chain ..
You do not believe it.
You too often (spetsilyuno or not I do not know) even forget words written less than an hour ago

From Wiki - A motorcycle (or motorbike) is a vehicle used to transport people from one place to another. It does not have 4 wheels like a car. It has 2 wheels like a bicycle. But it has a motor like a car. A motorcycle is normally driven by one person. A passenger can also ride on the back of the motorcycle. Some motorcycles have a sidecar that can carry another passenger.

And Toyota does not make motorcycles. End of ...

From the video the 'wheel looks more like a 'yoke' with limited movement. It is interesting to consider whether the lean is introduced by the rider and the yoke used for balance as in a motorcycle.

OP, where are you....?

DL for Bike?

so?

ps

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2013/03/my-next-motorcycle-is-a-toyota-with-video/

Ok Ok

may be u much more "expert" about Toyota..( now even you cnow fuel filter need change wow!!

You do not believe it.
You too often (spetsilyuno or not I do not know) even forget words written less than an hour ago

If you read post #10 you will see that it seems to have been classed as a CITY CAR (A) - 3DR HATCHBACK & IS FRONT WHEEL DRIVE.

Have you ever seen a FWD motorcycle with a steering wheel? :D

From Wiki - A motorcycle (or motorbike) is a vehicle used to transport people from one place to another. It does not have 4 wheels like a car. It has 2 wheels like a bicycle. But it has a motor like a car. A motorcycle is normally driven by one person. A passenger can also ride on the back of the motorcycle. Some motorcycles have a sidecar that can carry another passenger.

It’s an interesting statement “Toyota doesn’t make motorcycles”, it’s similar as saying Volkswagen doesn’t make Ducati’s…

The situation is relative very similar, like Volkswagen who owns Audi and Audi owns Ducati… for Toyota, it owns the majority shares of Yamaha Motor. And for the Chinese hating fan club, even Lifan Group has a good amount of shares, of course nothing compared to what Toyota has… But Lifan makes use of the old Yamaha/V-Star factory in Japan…

Yamaha contribute a lot to Toyota as most of the sportier engines in Toyota cars are designed and developed by Yamaha Motor… Toyota contributes to Yamaha mostly with modern production technics…

OP, where are you....?

DL for Bike?

so?

ps

Ok Ok

You do not believe it.

If you read post #10 you will see that it seems to have been classed as a CITY CAR (A) - 3DR HATCHBACK & IS FRONT WHEEL DRIVE.

Have you ever seen a FWD motorcycle with a steering wheel? biggrin.png

I think you would have trouble rolling that yoke if you took it off.....a dual bar with handgrips on each side..handlebaryoke.

It’s an interesting statement “Toyota doesn’t make motorcycles”, it’s similar as saying Volkswagen doesn’t make Ducati’s…

The situation is relative very similar, like Volkswagen who owns Audi and Audi owns Ducati… for Toyota, it owns the majority shares of Yamaha Motor. And for the Chinese hating fan club, even Lifan Group has a good amount of shares, of course nothing compared to what Toyota has… But Lifan makes use of the old Yamaha/V-Star factory in Japan…

Yamaha contribute a lot to Toyota as most of the sportier engines in Toyota cars are designed and developed by Yamaha Motor… Toyota contributes to Yamaha mostly with modern production technics…

Does Toyota have a brand name bike...?

No, Toyota doesn’t sell motorcycles with its Toyota brand – but if I needed to select a Toyota motorcycle I would select the Yamaha YZF-R1M as all its carbon-fiber parts are made by Toyota (which is almost the whole bike).

Archived