Where 2 Use My Second Tourist Entry!

Hi Guys!

Is there someone who can suggest me where to use my second tourist entry?

I've heard about the friendship bridge but prefer to have some suggestion and comments about it!

I would like to know also if I have to stay outside Thailand for a determinated time before I use my second entry!

Can it cause problems also if I'm doing it with my thai wife? I mean if we're leaving Thailand and re-enter together?

To give an idea about where I'll be in Thailand at the date to use my second entry will be probably Northeast Thailand!

Thanks!

Froggy

I read somewhere (cant remember where) that there is a bus service now from udorn thani to vientiane stopping at nong khai on the way. It would save you getting a taxi other side of the friendship bridge to vientiane. Not sure where it departs udorn from but the udorn to nong khai bus leaves from รังษีณา (rang-see-nar) market.....so that may be a good bet. If i remember where i read it i/ll post again. :o

Unbiasbob!

If I was asking if the fact to be with my Thai wife can cause problems to use my Second Tourist Entry was just to know if it was possible that to be Married with a Thai citizen, the Immigration department will force to apply for a O visa!

That was the only reason!

Froggy

You don't have to stay any length of time, but Vientienne is charming and quite safe. The Laotion border is the safest one now. Your wife can get a 3 day border pass for 100 baht as long as she doesn't leave Vientienne province. You will need to pay $30 USD (Has to be in US currency) to get a 30 day visa. Also you should bring cash in either USD or Thai baht for spending. The Laotian currency, the kip, is unpractical (ie; you need a suitcase full of it for a night on the town!) and there are no ATMs. It can get confusing, though, as whichever of the 3 currencies you use, you are likely to get your change in any combination of all 3.

I reccomend taking State Railway Thailand to Nong Khai, then you can take a tuk-tuk or whatever to the immigration place on the bridge, then a bus into Vientienne town, which is actually abou 10 or 15 miles up-river.

One thing I loved about Vientienne was the widespred availability of fresh baked baguettes!

You don't have to stay any length of time, but Vientienne is charming and quite safe. The Laotion border is the safest one now. Your wife can get a 3 day border pass for 100 baht as long as she doesn't leave Vientienne province. You will need to pay $30 USD (Has to be in US currency) to get a 30 day visa. Also you should bring cash in either USD or Thai baht for spending. The Laotian currency, the kip, is unpractical (ie; you need a suitcase full of it for a night on the town!) and there are no ATMs. It can get confusing, though, as whichever of the 3 currencies you use, you are likely to get your change in any combination of all 3.

I reccomend taking State Railway Thailand to Nong Khai, then you can take a tuk-tuk or whatever to the immigration place on the bridge, then a bus into Vientienne town, which is actually abou 10 or 15 miles up-river.

One thing I loved about Vientienne was the widespred availability of fresh baked baguettes!

can you get a visa on arrival for the fee or do you need it ahead of time?

Unbiasbob!

If I was asking if the fact to be with my Thai wife can cause problems to use my Second Tourist Entry was just to know if it was possible that to be Married with a Thai citizen, the Immigration department will force to apply for a O visa!

That was the only reason!

Froggy

got it frogger, who needs to be forced to do anything

Froggy,

You paid for your double-entry Thailand visa, right?

The $30 is for the Laos visa.

I think Malaysian visas are cheaper, but there's big trouble down there now.

Unbiasedbob;

As of the last time I crossed the Thai-Laos border, about a year ago, The Friendship Bridge was the only point on that border where you could apply for the visa on arrival.