Land Marker removed

My advise is to do absolutely nothing about it unless it involves your residence. This will avoid your dogs being poisoned, your auto being keyed or any number of retribution acts.

Edited by Pimay1

I would get it rematked real soon. The sooner the better.If you donot could be opening the opportunity for future problems after they start building.. IMarker could have been removed on purpose.5000 baht for new marker is cheap insurance of no possible big problems in future.

Once new wall is up dispute could get real nasty.

Edited by lovelomsak

If the removed boundry marker does not mark your land boundry, no problem, if it does, I would point out you paid to get it varified as to being on the division line, between the 2 properties and it cannot be moved except by civil land personel.

Once any building starts on the spot a lot of problems can arise if the marker has been moved. Show them the paper issued on the last survey made 2 year back, cost, etc and tell them to get the official markers back where they are susposed to be.

If the removed boundry marker does not mark your land boundry, no problem, if it does, I would point out you paid to get it varified as to being on the division line, between the 2 properties and it cannot be moved except by civil land personel.

Once any building starts on the spot a lot of problems can arise if the marker has been moved. Show them the paper issued on the last survey made 2 year back, cost, etc and tell them to get the official markers back where they are susposed to be.

Personally, I would not trust the neighbor or worker to put the marker back in its proper location.

That task needs to be performed by a Surveyor. Once it is then I would go out and measure its position in relation to other markers on your property in the event it gets "removed" again.

But zi would let your Surveyor make the contact rather than going over and risk having tempers flair when accusations begin.

Good time for a marker to go missing. Just when a fence is being built. Marker is gone fence goes up on your property then you have a real problem.Nip it in the bub.Pay and get new marker put in before this esculates.I also think if it esculates you will come out the loser. Especially if fence is built.They may have contradictory survey's. You do not know who you are dealing with.They may have contacts that once the fence is built they win.

After reading other stories & my own experiences this seems to be normal but the law states you must build inside your boundary so why would the marker be moved

1. Built fence in village & builder ripped out all markers but all neighbours agreed to location - wife said no worry because fence was boundry

2. In new Moo Baan & noticed a pile of markers - builder ripped them all out due to common fences hence the fence is boundary

After reading other stories & my own experiences this seems to be normal but the law states you must build inside your boundary so why would the marker be moved

1. Built fence in village & builder ripped out all markers but all neighbours agreed to location - wife said no worry because fence was boundry

2. In new Moo Baan & noticed a pile of markers - builder ripped them all out due to common fences hence the fence is boundary

More detsils needed but its possible the property marker was removed in the process of the excavation, however, at such times, a witness post or secondary markers should have been set so that distances could be pulled to re-establish the missing original.

Always best to catch this error immediately and not wait until months or years pass. The good thing is fences do make the best neighbors!

I had Gf from Sisaket area about 10 years ago. She had small piece of property with no buildings on it. Her neighbour who has a little power in the village built a fence and put it 3 meters inside her property. She complained and tried to get it fixed and was simply told it was to late should have stopped the fence from being built.So she lost over 3 meters all alone the back of her property.Gone to the neighbour with power. These things happen here.

I concur....If it adjoins you property, have it reset post haste an concreted it place...deep & wide. Do this as soon as you can. If it does not involve your property, ignore it. Thai's do.

My experience was with a government project that ripped up the markers. I had the land office come out & re set them (2). One was in/on the government project & he wouldn't bury it. He did make a mark with an X in the concrete where is was supposed to go.

I gave a project worker 2 bottles of Leo to chisel out the existing concrete & install the marker where it was supposed to go and concrete the marker in place, level with the existing surface. It remains there to this day & the fact that the government encroached on private property is quite evident.

What one poster above was trying to say is - Good fences make good neighbors.

• 2 weeks later...