TM6 arrival card not stapled to passport

Until you lose it.

I staple it in where I can copy it on the same page as my "permission to stay" stamp for ease of photocopying.

I remove the staple before going out of the country - I had a page of the PP ripped by an IO at Nong Khai due to rough removal.

Until you lose it.

I staple it in where I can copy it on the same page as my "permission to stay" stamp for ease of photocopying.

I remove the staple before going out of the country - I had a page of the PP ripped by an IO at Nong Khai due to rough removal.

Scary side effect: They no longer expect a staple to be there upon departure processing and just grab the card quickly, ripping a page in the process. You now have a void passport since it's damaged?

I've had a hotel staple the card after they made a photocopy, thinking they are doing me a favor.

Until you lose it.

Scary side effect: They no longer expect a staple to be there upon departure processing and just grab the card quickly, ripping a page in the process. You now have a void passport since it's damaged?

I've had a hotel staple the card after they made a photocopy, thinking they are doing me a favor.

As stated - " I remove the staple before leaving the country !"

Until you lose it.

Uhm, yes. I know that. But it sounded like you didn't start that wise process until after you had a passport page ripped out by an Immigrations Officer.

Until you lose it.

Uhm, yes. I know that. But it sounded like you didn't start that wise process until after you had a passport page ripped out by an Immigrations Officer.

If they want to stay with card based arrival forms -- it would be nice if they converted to the style used in Singapore which fit nice and snuggly in the passport without a staple. On the odd occasion they have not stapled it, but then on another they went out of their way to staple it through a Cambodian visa (and not at the edge -- more of their version of punching Cambodia :o )