Japanese news agency: 19 dead, 20 injured in knife attack outside Tokyo

webfact

Japanese news agency: 19 dead, 20 injured in knife attack

SAGAMIHARA, Japan (AP) — The Kyodo news agency is reporting that 19 people are dead and 20 injured following a knife attack in Sagamihara, outside Tokyo.

A knife-wielding man attacked a facility for the disabled and then turned himself in, police said.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-07-26

At least 15 killed, dozens injured in knifing near Tokyo

TOKYO (AP) — Japan's national broadcaster NHK reports that 15 people were killed and 45 injured in a knife attack Tuesday at a facility for the handicapped in Sagamihara, just outside Tokyo.

The report said police have arrested a knife-wielding man after he turned himself in.

NHK said the suspect, 26, is a former employee at the facility, Tsukui Yamayuri-en, on suspicion of attempted murder.

Television footage showed a number of ambulances parked outside the facility, with medics and other rescue workers running in and out.

Kyodo News agency reported that 19 people are dead and 20 injured, including those in a condition of heart and lung failures.

aplogo.jpg

Sagamihara stabbings: '19 dead and 45 wounded as knifeman goes on rampage at building for disabled in Japan'
BY SCOTT CAMPBELL

TOKYO: -- Police say they have arrested a 26-year-old man who was a former staff member and that he has confessed to the stabbings but details of the motive have not yet been released

At least 19 people have been killed and 45 wounded in Japan after a knifeman went on the rampage, according to reports.

The attack happened in the city of Sagamihara, west of Tokyo, where locals saw a man dressed in black clothes holding a weapon in the grounds of the Tsukui Yamayuri Garden.

It is thought that the building includes facilities for disabled people.

Four of the injured are said to be in a serious condition.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-sagamihara-stabbings-19-dead-8492641

-- Mirror 2016-07-26

This stuff is even happening in Japan. Nutjobs are running wild all over the planet.

The nut jobs have been everywhere. Just thank the internet and the social media. Now these incidents are being brought to light and show what a mentally disturbed species that we really are....

At least 15 killed, dozens injured in knifing near Tokyo

TOKYO (AP) — Japan's national broadcaster NHK reports that 15 people were killed and 45 injured in a knife attack Tuesday at a facility for the handicapped in Sagamihara, just outside Tokyo.

Police said they responded to a call about 2:30 a.m. from an employee saying something horrible is happening.

A man turned himself in at a police station about two hours later, police in Sagamihara said. He left the knife in his car when he entered the station. He has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and trespassing.

Police said there were several casualties but did not provide any numbers.

NHK said the suspect, 26, is a former employee at the facility, Tsukui Yamayuri-en.

Television footage showed a number of ambulances parked outside the facility, with medics and other rescue workers running in and out.

Kyodo News agency initially reported that 19 people were killed and 20 injured, but later said at least 15 people were dead and 28 injured.

aplogo.jpg

Still trying to get my head around the fact that this was a one man job, how on earth can you knife so many

people at such short time? where are the other people around? you couldn't kill and wounded so many

if they were chickens, let along people.......

The topic is about the death of 19 people in JAPAN using KNIVES as weapons. I've visited Japan and always thought of it as the safest country on Earth.

I would be the safest country on earth once all the humans will have been removed.

Japan stays relatively safe in all aspects...these cases could have happened in anywhere in the world and all a tragedy for the family who have lost someone.

Yes, attacks by nut jobs or even militants can happen anywhere in the world. With freedom comes more risk -- but I don't want to give up any freedom just to be safe.

Japan is relatively safe, but events like this or Aum Shinrikyo's sarin gas attack -- show us that you are only safe until you are not -- and that can happen anywhere at anytime if you are unlucky.

The topic is about the death of 19 people in JAPAN using KNIVES as weapons. I've visited Japan and always thought of it as the safest country on Earth.

I would be the safest country on earth once all the humans will have been removed.

Nah, another alpha predator would just take man's place. Some of the most dangerous places on Earth don't have many people around at all.

This stuff is even happening in Japan. Nutjobs are running wild all over the planet.

The nut jobs have been everywhere. Just thank the internet and the social media. Now these incidents are being brought to light and show what a mentally disturbed species that we really are....

Bingo. The only positive that might be taken from this fact is that it is usually a consequence of turning on a light or two, that we eventually force ourselves to, "clean house." But we're going to need some seriously creative "cleaning supplies." And a lot of them. Whoa.

I'm starting to think more and more that the world is just coming unhinged and that maybe modern technology based societies are just too much for many (most?) people to handle. And people say that it's crazy to live in Pattaya...but it seems like one of the saner places these days.

It was a residential care facility for disabled people. They would be pretty easy targets.

That's the sad picture in my mind...mentally or physically disabled people being attacked by this madman and not having the capacity to defend themselves. One consolation is that Japan still has the death penalty...BY HANGING!

It was a residential care facility for disabled people. They would be pretty easy targets.

That's the sad picture in my mind...mentally or physically disabled people being attacked by this madman and not having the capacity to defend themselves. One consolation is that Japan still has the death penalty...BY HANGING!

I thought it was death by paper cuts or origami exhaustion :P

I'm starting to think more and more that the world is just coming unhinged and that maybe modern technology based societies are just too much for many (most?) people to handle. And people say that it's crazy to live in Pattaya...but it seems like one of the saner places these days.

You in Pattaya used the exact same word to describe the world right now that I used talking to a mate yesterday . Unhinged. What's the world coming to ?

Despite this attack and others we've been witnessing day in and day out, remember - statistically, the world is safer than its ever been.

Ray Kurweil had this to say on the topic last week:

"People think the world is getting worse. … That’s the perception. What’s actually happening is our information about what’s wrong in the world is getting better. A century ago, there would be a battle that wiped out the next village, you’d never even hear about it. Now there’s an incident halfway around the globe and we not only hear about it, we experience it."

http://www.geekwire.com/2016/ray-kurzweil-world-isnt-getting-worse-information-getting-better/

Still trying to get my head around the fact that this was a one man job, how on earth can you knife so many

people at such short time? where are the other people around? you couldn't kill and wounded so many

if they were chickens, let along people.......

If the hens were in their battery cages, i think it would be possible to kill a lot more.

I would imagine that at least some of the victims were bed-confined and possibly restricted by IV's, monitoring devices and the like.

Still, hard to imagine one person doing the ward rounds; its like something out of a horror movie.

The Lunatics are out of the Asylum on every Continent.

I had a friend once who was Prison Officer and he used to say that the only way they keep order in prisons is with the agreement and help of the inmates. Seems to me that the whole World is pretty much the same but the inmates are getting wilder and less controllable almost daily.

Despite this attack and others we've been witnessing day in and day out, remember - statistically, the world is safer than its ever been.

Ray Kurweil had this to say on the topic last week:

"People think the world is getting worse. … That’s the perception. What’s actually happening is our information about what’s wrong in the world is getting better. A century ago, there would be a battle that wiped out the next village, you’d never even hear about it. Now there’s an incident halfway around the globe and we not only hear about it, we experience it."

http://www.geekwire.com/2016/ray-kurzweil-world-isnt-getting-worse-information-getting-better/

True, for eras past, but we've had blanket media coverage of world events via the internet for a couple of decades now and calamitous events are clearly becoming more frequent. There's a distinct sense of the world running amok, and the implication may be that the media coverage itself is facilitating it.

Most of it has nothing to do with terrorism but just sad losers who want some sort of fame and to be named in the history books and as an added bonus if you are an Islamic terrorist you do get the 20 or so virgins when you commit suicide after the killings. But what they are not told when they get there, that there is no guarantee you will get female virgins.