Scotland’s Sturgeon wants independence vote to remain an option

webfact

The fact is that Sturgeon has no mandate or legal right in her position to demand what she is demanding. It is time she was put to pasture. Oh wait, when she is put to pasture I bet she was hoping to do out her days as an MEP maybe even European President. Shame. I think Kim Jon Kranky has more of a ring to it ;)

What on earth are you on about? She has an almost majority in a Parliament with a voting system designed to prevent any one party dominating the chamber. The popularity of the SNP remains at unprecedented levels AND pro-independance parties have a collective majority. Of course she has a mandate and a legal right to lead her party and the country in the direction of the party manifesto.

The problem is, for you and many of the other posters on TV, you don't like the Scots taking a commanding role in your Union. You prefer it when we are simply the useful idiots up north. Well, sorry mate, the future of the UK is in our hands, not yours. You just need to get used to that for the next few years, then accept whatever it is that we decide. I realise that this is not a pleasant situation for you, but it is one that I have experienced all my life - feels good to have the shoe on the other foot.

Well that's the thing R.R. As per my earlier post No 46, the Scott's have taken too much of a commanding role over the years in the Union. Now those useful idiots down south are starting to get rather Pxssed- of with the continuous moaning from Some Scott's. This is now allowing the Scottish Nazi Party to exploit the situation they have created between the people of our island. How will it end,who knows, perhaps in a few years separation will occurr, then Scottish people like yourself will be in for a reality check. Personnaly if I were a Scott, I 'd keep very quite,and content myself with the knowledge that I'm getting a very good deal at the expense of my fellow citizens.

No Scot has been elected Prime Minister in my lifetime while in a Scottish constituency. No MP is going to be elected without representing the views of his constituents. Your suggestion that we have undue influence on the union is therefore false.

However, in your UK, as UK citizens it should not matter one jot where the incumbent came from. We are better together, are we not? Or would you prefer us to be more subservient and let the English run the show?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact is that Sturgeon has no mandate or legal right in her position to demand what she is demanding. It is time she was put to pasture. Oh wait, when she is put to pasture I bet she was hoping to do out her days as an MEP maybe even European President. Shame. I think Kim Jon Kranky has more of a ring to it ;)

What on earth are you on about? She has an almost majority in a Parliament with a voting system designed to prevent any one party dominating the chamber. The popularity of the SNP remains at unprecedented levels AND pro-independance parties have a collective majority. Of course she has a mandate and a legal right to lead her party and the country in the direction of the party manifesto.

The problem is, for you and many of the other posters on TV, you don't like the Scots taking a commanding role in your Union. You prefer it when we are simply the useful idiots up north. Well, sorry mate, the future of the UK is in our hands, not yours. You just need to get used to that for the next few years, then accept whatever it is that we decide. I realise that this is not a pleasant situation for you, but it is one that I have experienced all my life - feels good to have the shoe on the other foot.

Well that's the thing R.R. As per my earlier post No 46, the Scott's have taken too much of a commanding role over the years in the Union. Now those useful idiots down south are starting to get rather Pxssed- of with the continuous moaning from Some Scott's. This is now allowing the Scottish Nazi Party to exploit the situation they have created between the people of our island. How will it end,who knows, perhaps in a few years separation will occurr, then Scottish people like yourself will be in for a reality check. Personnaly if I were a Scott, I 'd keep very quite,and content myself with the knowledge that I'm getting a very good deal at the expense of my fellow citizens.

No Scot has been elected Prime Minister in my lifetime while in a Scottish constituency. No MP is going to be elected without representing the views of his constituents. Your suggestion that we have undue influence on the union is therefore false.

However, in your UK, as UK citizens it should not matter one jot where the incumbent came from. We are better together, are we not? Or would you prefer us to be more subservient and let the English run the show?

Your playing with words here. Plenty of Scotsmen throughout the the history of the Union have held the position of P.M while representing a Scottish constituency,including Gordon Bigot Brown, but yes he was not voted by the people into that position. A question for you R.R. How many Non Scots have been voted into the position of P.M while representing a Scottish constituency,and how many Scots have been voted into the position of P.M while representing a non Scottish constituency.

You will also notice that throughout the history of the Union very few English people have been chosen and elected to represent a Scottish constituency, where as a large number of Scott's have represented English constituencies. In fact during the very recent election to the leader of the Conservative party,and therefore P.M. Out of the original 5 candidates, 3 were Scott's, 2 represent English constituencies,1 representated a Welsh constituency. Not bad when the population of Scotland is only 5 million out of a total population of 65-75 million.

Let the Scots go, if that's what they want. With oil at $50 per barrel, and fast running out, it's difficult to see how they will support themselves without English taxpayers money paying their social security.

Given the fact that the English taxpayers are supporting so many of them, it's hard to see why the Scots hate England and love the EU so much. Or is it? Sturgeon is a robotic little Bolshevik communist and the EU more and more resembles the Soviet Union, with it's centralised control inflicting unemployment and poverty on so many.

The English must have the strongest economy in the entire world, if i have to believe you, since they are supporting half of the EU and also Scotland and northern Ireland.

I wonder why the pound is diving, may be you should inform the rest of the world of the knowledge you have.

Your playing with words here. Plenty of Scotsmen throughout the the history of the Union have held the position of P.M while representing a Scottish constituency,including Gordon Bigot Brown, but yes he was not voted by the people into that position. A question for you R.R. How many Non Scots have been voted into the position of P.M while representing a Scottish constituency,and how many Scots have been voted into the position of P.M while representing a non Scottish constituency.

You will also notice that throughout the history of the Union very few English people have been chosen and elected to represent a Scottish constituency, where as a large number of Scott's have represented English constituencies. In fact during the very recent election to the leader of the Conservative party,and therefore P.M. Out of the original 5 candidates, 3 were Scott's, 2 represent English constituencies,1 representated a Welsh constituency. Not bad when the population of Scotland is only 5 million out of a total population of 65-75 million.

I am not playing with words at all. I repeat my point that any Scot representing an English constituency will, quite rightly, stand up for whatever is in their constituents' and party's best interests. They do not consider Scottish interests above their own, so no Scottish agenda is slipped in the back door.

I am not playing with words at all. I repeat my point that any Scot representing an English constituency will, quite rightly, stand up for whatever is in their constituents' and party's best interests. They do not consider Scottish interests above their own, so no Scottish agenda is slipped in the back door.

So Gordon Bigot Brown did not stand up for his Scottish constituency.

As you mentioned earlier, he was not elected as Prime Minister, and was kicked out of office the first time that he faced election as PM.

As you mentioned earlier, he was not elected as Prime Minister, and was kicked out of office the first time that he faced election as PM.

That wasn't the question you were asked.

Did he stand up for his constituents or not?

If you don't wish to answer, may I respond on your behalf? "Corse he did"

The fact is that Sturgeon has no mandate or legal right in her position to demand what she is demanding. It is time she was put to pasture. Oh wait, when she is put to pasture I bet she was hoping to do out her days as an MEP maybe even European President. Shame. I think Kim Jon Kranky has more of a ring to it wink.png

That wasn't the question you were asked.
Did he stand up for his constituents or not?
If you don't wish to answer, may I respond on your behalf? "Corse he did"

Having never lived in his constituency, I have no idea how well he represented his constituents however I suspect that he did an acceptable job, given that he was re-elected several times.

However that is not relevant to the point that Nontabury and I were discussing, namely that no MP representing a Scottish constituency has, in the last 50 years, achieved the office of Prime Minister through an election.