Assets Counted For Visa Application In Lieu Of Cas

I have spent 3million Baht on house car bike prawn farm rubber plantation etc.

It was all the money I had as I wanted to make life in thailand with my wife.

I now do not have 200.000 in bank for visa requirements.

Does any body know if this investment has any bearing on my ability to reside in Thailand

many thanks

You cannot use that entire 3 mill baht as basis for getting an investment visa. Imm told me that 3 million in govt bonds through a thai govt bank would be enough. He recommended krueng thai bank. spending cash on a car and bike won't cut it. you need to raise 400k for your bank acct. Who talked you into spending 3 mill baht? I would try and liquidate some assets to get to 400k

I now do not have 200.000 in bank for visa requirements.

The 200,000 (increase to 400,000 in July for those not in system) is for extension of stay and requires income each year (not just a static bank deposit). If you have income in the form of overseas job/interest/pension/stocks etc you can use that to help make up any bank deposit shortfall.

It does not sound as if you set up any business company so these investments are not counted. I would seriously think about selling something and getting it into the bank for your first year extension (assuming you have proof that you brought funds into Thailand from overseas [wire transfers?]). If you do not have this I would still talk with immigration but there may not be much that they can do.