Foreigner found dead downtown Bangkok in Khlong Saen Saep

webfact

The subject is Nigerians along Lower Sukh.

Apparently you need to change it to all of BKK in order to support your argument.

And what was your argument again? That 99% of the Nigerians are skanky whites? But you said the Nigerians are not peddling drugs or women so what are they selling to these customers?

The subject is not Nigerians on Lower Sukhumvit

The subject is about the body of a black man found in khlong near Wireless Road and the fact that you, personally, took it upon yourself to declare that he was a Nigerian drug dealer/pimp with no evidence to support that imbecilic assertion other than the fact he had two phones.

Do Africans sell drugs and push hoes on that stretch of road? Of course they do; I ain't blind. You just assume they're Nigerians when the fact is that many of them are Ghanaian or from Ivory Coast.

This just compounds your bigoted ignorance

When you say "imbecilic", don't you mean "more than likely accurate"?

Seeing that Wireless actually crosses Sukhumvit it's impossible to get any nearer than that, nor should the police area that both places are found in be ignored. The geography isn't that bad.

Many times "Nigerian" is used as a figure of speech when drugs, pimps, prostitutes and scammers are being discussed to avoid Ghanaian or Ivorian Coast pedantic hair splitting.

No, I don't mean "more than likely accurate" because I see plenty of black people around this area.

Many of them are not even Africans - some are Yanks, Canucks, Brits and even French.

I don' think they would appreciate bigots branding them drug dealers and pimps based simply on the colour of their skin and the fact that they may have an extra phone

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say that Thais believe all blacks in Bangkok are drug dealers or pimps.

Some might call my observations on certain types in that area bigoted, others may call them perceptive and intuitive, not to say spot on.

Yes you did

Here, let me remind you

You don't know much about Thais,do you? Most of them agree with the sentiments of all the (justified) bigots that you refer to.

One reasonably assumes you were referring to all Thais and not just those around the Lower Sukhumvit Road

Did I, really? Oh, dear, let's see.

The phrases "all blacks in Bangkok are drug dealers or pimps" and "most of them agree with the sentiments of all the (justified) bigots that you refer to" contain only one common word so you remind me of nothing except that you are wrong.

What you refer to as "ones reasonable assumption" is, in fact, an assumption made totally without reason.

No nationality was mentioned in OP.

Prejudicial assumptions based on nationality are hate.

So what, is no one allowed the emotion of hate, then?

I don't regard hate as an emotion. It's a manipulation of fear and distrust of the unknown.

The world would be better without hate. And much better without the narrow minded prejudices that allow it to flourish, such as racism.

I've been offered drugs in Bangkok by a Romanian and a Frenchman - as white as a sheet

I've been offered sexual services in Bangkok in return for money by Russians and Ukrainians - all as white as a sheet

I've been called up by boiler room scammers all of whom sounded unmistakeably white

Can't say I've heard of a black paedophile here, though whistling.gif

How did you know that the dealers were Romanian and French? Did you check their passports?

How did you know that the prostitutes were Russians and Ukrainians? Did you check their passports also?

Maybe the black scammers, pimps and dealers are too busy on Sukhumvit to work in boiler rooms?

"Can't say I've heard of a black paedophile here, though"

Not yet.

I've been offered drugs in Bangkok by a Romanian and a Frenchman - as white as a sheet

I've been offered sexual services in Bangkok in return for money by Russians and Ukrainians - all as white as a sheet

I've been called up by boiler room scammers all of whom sounded unmistakeably white

Can't say I've heard of a black paedophile here, though whistling.gif

How did you know that the dealers were Romanian and French? Did you check their passports?

How did you know that the prostitutes were Russians and Ukrainians? Did you check their passports also?

Maybe the black scammers, pimps and dealers are too busy on Sukhumvit to work in boiler rooms?

Not yet.

Well if one day, one does materialise, I'm sure all the Thaivisa bigots will engineer the reaction to downplay all the white men who've been exposed and deported while making out that black men have a greater proclivity towards fiddling with children

...passing judgement on a murder victim......wow....

If English is not your primary language then I completely understand your confusion.

1) Nobody is passing judgement on the deceased.

2) The article never indicated he was murdered.

Not yet.

Well if one day, one does materialise, I'm sure all the Thaivisa bigots will engineer the reaction to downplay all the white men who've been exposed and deported while making out that black men have a greater proclivity towards fiddling with children

Nothing like a bit of pure speculation to show how irrational your comment was.

What about the identifying of the Romanian, French, Russian and Ukrainian dealers and prostitutes that you interacted with? You sidestepped that, didn't you?

Has any follow-up on this body ever been found in other news outlets?

If a tourist then would we have heard more? Certsinly his family or friends would have identified him by now?

If a pimping, drug dealing scamming Lower Sukh Nigerian would we have heard more?

Is it typical for tourists to carry two phones or was this likely an African immigrant lime I see on Lower Sukh.

I carry 2 when I'm on holiday. Local SIM and home court SIM.

I'm not a fan of the dual SIM feature on my phones. Too easy to get confused at my age...

Same here. My American home phone and SIM and plan just don't have a good international calling rate so I never use it much when overseas except for some special calls to agencies or institutions that expect or are easier to deal with if they see my home number . In Thailand I have a cheap simple non-smart phone that suits my needs as a tourist

Edited by gk10002000

Not yet.

Nothing like a bit of pure speculation to show how irrational your comment was.

What about the identifying of the Romanian, French, Russian and Ukrainian dealers and prostitutes that you interacted with? You sidestepped that, didn't you?

No I didn't

The moderator removed the post for some reason but the jist was that the Ukrainians and Russians all identified themselves as such as did the Romanian drug dealer.

The French drug dealer's accent was unmistakable and the clipped British accents on the boiler room scum would be very difficult for the typical African scammer to mimic

On 30/07/2016 at 2:26 PM, Agent Sumo said:

No I didn't

The moderator removed the post for some reason but the jist was that the Ukrainians and Russians all identified themselves as such as did the Romanian drug dealer.

The French drug dealer's accent was unmistakable and the clipped British accents on the boiler room scum would be very difficult for the typical African scammer to mimic

"... the Ukrainians and Russians all identified themselves as such as did the Romanian drug dealer. "

Really? So much specific information from encounters with illegals.

"... and the clipped British accents on the boiler room scum..."

Really?  Boiler room boys have clipped British accents?

20 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

"... the Ukrainians and Russians all identified themselves as such as did the Romanian drug dealer. "

You're totally clueless aren't you?

17 hours ago, gdgbb said:

There were nationalities other than Brits involved in the Boiler-rooms, I believe some were Irish nationals, who owned a well-known business on Sukhumvit.

I'm sure that there are some African diplomats in Bangkok, I doubt that many of them hang-out in the fleshpots of Sukhumvit however.

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

There were nationalities other than Brits involved in the Boiler-rooms, I believe some were Irish nationals, who owned a well-known business on Sukhumvit.

I'm sure that there are some African diplomats in Bangkok, I doubt that many of them hang-out in the fleshpots of Sukhumvit however.

Yep, not just Brits. Americans, Canadians, South Africans.

Whenever the press run a story about raids on illegal "callcenters", the guys wearing baseball caps and glasses trying to conceal their identities at the police press conferences are almost always white but that's lost on some of the people on this thread who believe that only Nigerians are scammers.

Completely out of touch

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Show me one post on this thread where someone has suggested that only Nigerians are scammers.

BTW, did they ever release more details on this guy?

There is not a good history on here for follow ups to original 'news' items.

6 minutes ago, Chapelroad said:

Agree.

No google searches pull up anything. Nothing on other Thai forums.

Had it been a farang then it might have continued to be newsworthy but no chance if it was just a Nigerian.

On 03/08/2016 at 7:28 AM, Andrew65 said:

There were nationalities other than Brits involved in the Boiler-rooms

That was my point about accents.

I've no idea why you mentioned African diplomats in connection with my comment but don't be too naive about diplomats antics.

On 03/08/2016 at 8:48 AM, Agent Sumo said:

Yep, not just Brits. Americans, Canadians, South Africans.

Whenever the press run a story about raids on illegal "callcenters", the guys wearing baseball caps and glasses trying to conceal their identities at the police press conferences are almost always white but that's lost on some of the people on this thread who believe that only Nigerians are scammers.

Completely out of touch

You seem to be worryingly well-informed about the boiler room business.

1 hour ago, Chapelroad said:

That's because this is an expat forum, not a news site.  Thaivisa is just an aggregator of other source's news items which it reproduces, it doesn't produce it's own items or have it's own journalists.  If a report is not followed up elsewhere it won't be followed up here either.

On 7/28/2016 at 2:31 PM, gdgbb said:

When you say "imbecilic", don't you mean "more than likely accurate"?

Seeing that Wireless actually crosses Sukhumvit it's impossible to get any nearer than that, nor should the police area that both places are found in be ignored. The geography isn't that bad.

Many times "Nigerian" is used as a figure of speech when drugs, pimps, prostitutes and scammers are being discussed to avoid Ghanaian or Ivorian Coast pedantic hair splitting.

Wireless actually doesn't cross Sukhumvit.