N. Korea: US has crossed red line, relations on war footing

webfact

I worry that "gung ho " Americans will once again underestimate the capability of their enemies ( just like they did in Vietnam)ermm.gif

The Threat Is Real And Imminent: The Next World War Will Be Initiated By A First Strike Utilizing An EMP Weapon

“I believe they [the North Koreans] have the capability to have miniaturized the [nuclear] device at this point, and they have the technology to potentially, actually deliver what they say they have.Dr. Peter V. Pry, the foremost expert on EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) threats by established and rogue nations has long upheld that Iran and North Korea hold an EMP first strike as central to their current military doctrines. Pry has spent countless hours briefing Senate Investigating Committees on the dangers of an EMP strike by these two nations.”

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/the-threat-is-real-and-imminent-the-next-world-war-will-be-initiated-by-a-first-strike-utilizing-an-emp-weapon_07262016

Their armed forces are still so weak that even with an EMP they wouldn't stand a chance. That said, they do have nuclear weapons. So I don't see why American troops are stationed there at all. In the face of a nuclear bomb, our troops aren't soldiers, they're potential hostages. China is the world's 2nd largest economy, Japan is the 3rd, and South Korea is also prosperous and well armed. They all have vital interests in keeping North Korea subdued. No need for the USA to be stationed there at all.

Deterrence. Support.

If the US wasn't there, a peninsula war would have happened many years ago.

The North Korean Armed Forces are very, very inferior to those of South Korea. I doubt that they would attack but if they did, most North Koreans would ultimately benefit immensely.

Edited by ilostmypassword

Listen here fat boy you little pissant. You're on my 'list of sanctioned individuals' and nothing would please me more than the entire World uniting and putting a rocket right up your pyongyang.

yanks wasted all their military effort on destroying Iraq. should have gone into north korea, taken it over and handed it over to south korea. problem solved.

Quite. Just look at the success stories of Iraq and Afghanistan.

comparing apples with donkeys testicles. americans won both those wars but they fell down with the end game. south korea could absorb north korea, might be some hard times to begin but there would be a considerable net benefit to both countries and the world in general.

i sometimes wonder if america just keeps north korea ticking along to keep the general public distracted from domestic problems.

I don't think S. Korea has the remotest interest in "absorbing" the planetary disaster that is N. Korea. 'Any more than China wants a horde of refugees from a fnally-imploded N. Korea. The place is just the hemorrhoid of the world and that's not going to change any time soon. And everyone is long familiar with the manic ravings of the lunatic with the bad haircut.

Listen here fat boy you little pissant. You're on my 'list of sanctioned individuals' and nothing would please me more than the entire World uniting and putting a rocket right up your pyongyang.

Little fat boy Kim will definately push back if they stick something in his Pyongyang !

Well is this not interesting. How can the political correct fix this? Will there be real war? Can this be the catalyst for war between China and America? Will China back North Korea?Would America go to combat with North Korea? So many unanswered questions I think.

They are throwing down the gauntlet you have insulted the Dear Leader. I think this madman is spoiling for a fight. If its not with S Korea and the USA it will be an internal struggle against his staving population. A war would one way to prune down the number of mouths to feed.

Allowing countries like N. Korea and Iran to have nuclear weapons is a recipe for disaster.

Neither can be trusted, either or both could find reasons in their demented minds to justify the use of nuclear weapons on Israel, the US, S. Korea, and Europe.

The world is devoid of quality leadership and like a ship without a rudder, caught in a hurricane, disaster can not be too far away.

Can we say apocalypse?

Allowing countries like N. Korea and Iran to have nuclear weapons is a recipe for disaster.

Neither can be trusted, either or both could find reasons in their demented minds to justify the use of nuclear weapons on Israel, the US, S. Korea, and Europe.

The world is devoid of quality leadership and like a ship without a rudder, caught in a hurricane, disaster can not be too far away.

Can we say apocalypse?

Yes you can say it. It's on it's way.

It's only a matter of time and the only incredible part is humans haven't already created it.

North Korea is full of Hot air. The problem with nukes is you can only threaten with them because the moment you use them today it is game over for both. The Southern Army would clean up the North on their own. Let alone that it would draw the japanese self Defense force into it as NK has directly threatened japan. And all that without the USA and others responding. China unlikely to intervene unless her own Borders threatened. And from an Economic point of view no profit in Chinese involvement. Don't kid yourselves that with China it is not about monetary gain. So NK is a pretty lonely little state. Like Albania its demise will be quick and spectacular when it occurs