Immigration Refuses to Accept 90 Day Report

A case of I'm-a-big-man lone officer standing their ground? Can you not go through the agent method in Phuket, such as the likes of Assist in Chiang Mai where you pay for them to take care of the extension and all reports?

It seems they want people to use agents where a commission can be part of the deal..

However, for a simple report, it is ludicrous to pay thousands for someone to carry a form into an office.

I just paid 400 baht to an agent in Pattaya for 90 day report and only passport needed. No extra forms. Money well spent.

It's interesting to note that a visa agent can obtain the 90 day report on his behalf yet the OP's wife cannot. Perhaps the OP's wife might consider a part time job as an agent to solve this problem, even if it means paying the bad guys say 200 a pop, that would still be cheaper than any other alternative, bar doing it himself.

• Like 2

A case of I'm-a-big-man lone officer standing their ground? Can you not go through the agent method in Phuket, such as the likes of Assist in Chiang Mai where you pay for them to take care of the extension and all reports?

It seems they want people to use agents where a commission can be part of the deal..

However, for a simple report, it is ludicrous to pay thousands for someone to carry a form into an office.

I just paid 400 baht to an agent in Pattaya for 90 day report and only passport needed. No extra forms. Money well spent.

Agent must be laughing all the way to the bank, a days wages for handing over a form!

• Like 1

I think this was why the online reporting was made possible.

Understanding that a few of us are having problems with the online reporting, but it works great for me. I see it as a positive step, to make things easier for those that live far away from an immigration office, or are incapacitated during the time for reporting.

It would be great, if immigration kept this up, and improved on this convenient method.

kudos for the effort....and thanks for making this reporting process easier.

I don't recall the Patong office being wheelchair accessible.

If you do go yourself insist they come outside to you.

They'll quickly start accepting the reports from your wife again.

Were it me I might be inclined to be a bit more theatrical and make a big deal of it all by having three people or so carry me upstairs, plus my wife and if I could find one, an attendant nurse in uniform. A call to the Phuket Gazette or similar to interview and photograph proceedings would certainly help, I suspect suitable arrangements for the future could be made soon thereafter.

Even though it would be unpleasant for the OP, that sounds like the way to go. With media coverage it would certainly bring it to the attention of the top immigration people, and force them to comment on their policies v's what is actually written in their immigration legal sections.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

IMHO, the online 90-day report option solves all of our problems. I know, I know, it rarely works the first (or second time), but it does work (use Explorer, ignore the warning about a certificate). I'd rather sit at home in front of the computer and try that three or four times than take the time to go to an immigration office (or to the post office with photocopies and a self-addresses stamped envelope) than take a chance of meeting up with an immigration officer who got up on the wrong side of the bed that day. Make your life simple. Accept that things may not be as streamlined as you'd like or expect. Stay calm.

Were it me I might be inclined to be a bit more theatrical and make a big deal of it all by having three people or so carry me upstairs, plus my wife and if I could find one, an attendant nurse in uniform. A call to the Phuket Gazette or similar to interview and photograph proceedings would certainly help, I suspect suitable arrangements for the future could be made soon thereafter.

Good thoughts, but I need to get extensions every year from people who might suffer a loss of face.

• Like 1

Old Croc sorry to say but your problem is purely down to money.

Immigration officer is just trying to get his little bit from you/ your wife.

Like you i am disabled confined to a wheelchair.

My wife does my 90 day report at Khon Kaen immigration, never a problem.

IMHO, the online 90-day report option solves all of our problems. I know, I know, it rarely works the first (or second time), but it does work (use Explorer, ignore the warning about a certificate). I'd rather sit at home in front of the computer and try that three or four times than take the time to go to an immigration office (or to the post office with photocopies and a self-addresses stamped envelope) than take a chance of meeting up with an immigration officer who got up on the wrong side of the bed that day. Make your life simple. Accept that things may not be as streamlined as you'd like or expect. Stay calm.

I try the online system each time my report is due, without success.

My last arrival was via a southern land border in 2010. The system doesn't want to know me.

I know what I'm doing because I process a friend's report on line without difficulty.

• Like 1

I try the online system each time my report is due, without success.

My last arrival was via a southern land border in 2010. The system doesn't want to know me.

I know what I'm doing because I process a friend's report on line without difficulty.

Apparently if you haven't left the Kingdom for a few years you wont be in the database and need to do an out-in.

• Like 1

Old Croc sorry to say but your problem is purely down to money.

Immigration officer is just trying to get his little bit from you/ your wife.

Like you i am disabled confined to a wheelchair.

My wife does my 90 day report at Khon Kaen immigration, never a problem.

Thanks for your comments Colin, I have followed your posts for some time.

According to one of my doctors I have a chance to walk again in a year or so, my problems are not comparable to yours.

I posted this little whinge, about the Patong office, in my local forum mainly to inform posters there that once again Immigration is moving the goalposts. It became much bigger than intended after it was moved to the main visa section.

Your remark about money is probably correct, these changes always seem to be driven by events. Recently an Immigration chief stated something along the lines that corrupt officers would be prosecuted.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1

For the character who decided to insult me via PM, you don't know about me or my physical difficulties.

I will only bother to respond if you reveal your previous persona on this forum so I know who I'm talking to.

Please click the report button on that PM and the member will get a formal warning for it. Doing it by PM does not protect a person from being warned.

Thanks, It wasn't a huge or profane rant by that poster Joe. More a childish little insult. I've had much worse in my 11 years on this forum!

I would prefer to leave it at that

For the character who decided to insult me via PM, you don't know about me or my physical difficulties.

I will only bother to respond if you reveal your previous persona on this forum so I know who I'm talking to.

Please click the report button on that PM and the member will get a formal warning for it. Doing it by PM does not protect a person from being warned.

Thanks, It wasn't a huge or profane rant by that poster Joe. More a childish little insult. I've had much worse in my 11 years on this forum!

I would prefer to leave it at that

Just wanted you and others to be aware that the report button on PM's does work to take care of nasty PM's. The rules are the same as posting on the forum.

• Like 1

Good thoughts, but I need to get extensions every year from people who might suffer a loss of face.

I understand entirely, perhaps there are others out there reading this who would care to champion a very worthwhile cause, not only for OC but for others?

Some other thoughts:

The Rotary Club in Phuket is very well connected, Dr Peter Harris runs community projects, maybe have a chat with him to see if/how he can help?

An anonymous letter to the Gazette or similar might help highlight this problem?

A number of societies and bodies exist in Thailand to help disabled people, perhaps harness some of their energies? https://www.angloinfo.com/thailand/how-to/page/thailand-healthcare-people-with-disabilities-organisations

• Like 1

@oldcroc

Have you considered raising the problem with the Immigration Call Centre on 1111.

They act as an intermediary to resolve complaints/queries between foreigners and Immigration offices.

Nobody looses face.

At the very least you may get an answer why they refused to allow your wife to do the report on this occasion.

Alternatively tell them you want to make an appointment, so the Immigration staff can carry you and the wheelchair into their office, if their insisting you appear in person.

I think you'd get some results from a call.

All i can suggest is for her to try and do the report at the main immigration office. Perhaps Patong has set their own rules.

There certainly have been no change to the rules that allow her to do it for you. It is mentioned here on the immigration website. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

"Procedure and notification

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or"
My wife has done more of my reports than I have. All she has ever needed was the T47 form and my passport. The only ones I have done in person in recent years have been when I did one my with my extension application,

How does the foreigner authorize another person to make the notification and how would the authorities be sure such a thing was valid? Is there a form? I know, this is Thailand.

Sorry to hear of your problems.

I am "minimally disabled"myself but do not normally require a wheelchair.

I have found CW to be more easily accessible at immigration than 90 percent of the shopping malls are in Bangkok

Everything you need done is available on the 1st (ground floor)....copies, bank letters, and such is right there on the 1st floor.

And everything can be reached by wheelchair accessible lifts (elevators) from the 2nd floor (the immigration office)

All i can suggest is for her to try and do the report at the main immigration office. Perhaps Patong has set their own rules.

There certainly have been no change to the rules that allow her to do it for you. It is mentioned here on the immigration website. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

My wife has done more of my reports than I have. All she has ever needed was the T47 form and my passport. The only ones I have done in person in recent years have been when I did one my with my extension application,

How does the foreigner authorize another person to make the notification and how would the authorities be sure such a thing was valid? Is there a form? I know, this is Thailand.

My wife does not need an authorization since she has my last name plus my the staff at the local office know her after several years of extension done at the office.

There is no form for it. You could just write up a basic letter to do the authorization. Just their name, passport or ID number and your passport number would be enough. I don't think immigration would be to concerned about it being valid since it would be a case of somebody doing you a favor.

Agents don't need any special forms or approvals, they just act on behalf of the customer, albeit they do also pass along the required, ahem, fee!

I also use a wheelchair and get my wife to do my 90 day report.

I done it last week no problem.

But ! I went with my wife 2 days ago to get a certificate off residence to renew my driving license and it was a problem.

She handed the papers in and paid around 11 am and was told to come back in hour to pick it up. We came back around 2 pm and wife went to collect it to be told they wanted to see me.

She said I was in the car and said to a guy who works in immigration ask him and he will tell you my husband uses a wheelchair. His reply was not his problem !!

I had to get out off the car and go to the office which is in no way wheelchair friendly. Got there and this young woman asks what I want it for , I replied to renew my driving license. This seemed to annoy her as she asked again and I replied again. She then stormed off and returned with a book which I was asked to sign. No reason off why or what the book was for.

She then handed me the paper and just walked off !! They seem to make up their own rules every day in immigration. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Agents don't need any special forms or approvals, they just act on behalf of the customer, albeit they do also pass along the required, ahem, fee!

I can recall a report done a couple of years ago of immigration in Chiang Mai wanting a power of attorney granted for agents to do the 90 day reports.

Not sure immigration gets anything from agents for 90 day reports. They may like it because the agent could drop them off and immigration could process them later at their leisure.