Walking in the troubled South - 'C'est formidable!" and safe say French mum and son on world tour

webfact

They are tourists, and most tourists (away from the tourist hot-spots) leave with the happy feeling that all Thais are peaceful, kind and considerate.

One has to live here to understand (sort of) the reality - which is why I nowadays treat tourists' views with the disdain they deserve - whilst also knowing that may Thais are genuinely kind and considerate.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:13 AM, GOLDBUGGY said:

Yes! Sorry! My mistake! I stand to be corrected!

Terry Fox did not run coast to coast. Diagnosed with Cancer and only having one leg, he started his 143 day run and ran a total of 5,373 Kilometers (or 3,339 Miles) and ended it when Cancer spread to his lungs and he was forced to stop at the Great Lakes. This run ultimately lead to his earlier death but his run managed to raise $1.7 Million Dollars in pledges for Cancer Research. But through his name and an annual run since 1981, he has raised over $650 Million Dollars for Cancer Research, which still continues today.

Silly of me to think that Terry Fox's accomplishments were greater and saying he ran coast to coast on one leg, when it was only 5.373 Kilometers. Especially compared to someone who has been Bumming around since April 2013, who has both legs and can work, who has raise zero money for charity, and yet still expects front page news coverage.

For "What" may I ask?

I done this for transform the manga ONE PIECE in a true story.

I done this for to do something in my life, becus emy life was without interest (no job, never girlfriends, fat before my computer, ll my time to play "world of warcraft".

I done for MYSELF and for show to other people that each human can to do somethint in the life, even a fat guy who have no sport experience and is 120 kilos before his computer.

This reason are A LOT OF better than charity for others people.

Why? Because good charity begin by OURSELF.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 2:05 PM, dick dasterdly said:

They are tourists, and most tourists (away from the tourist hot-spots) leave with the happy feeling that all Thais are peaceful, kind and considerate.

One has to live here to understand (sort of) the reality - which is why I nowadays treat tourists' views with the disdain they deserve - whilst also knowing that may Thais are genuinely kind and considerate.

Not really, we have ONE bad experience here, in Phuket, but Thai we encounterd was generosu like australian, new zealanders, japanese and malaysian I encountered before.

For the moment, the most dangerous place I have visited is.... my town, close to paris.

Edited by ceroxon

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 1:37 PM, drakoanders said:

You know there is such a thing in life called Adventire, how many of you guys have actually done anything remotely like this? People climb mountains jump out of aeroplanes and free fall they row small boats across the Atlantic, they sail boats around the world, this guy is walking around the world, what an adventure that is. All you guys pulling him down now post what you have done other than uprooting from your own country and living in another, I am not an adventurer but even I have done that. Nicolas I think you are one of the worlds true adventurers keep going the very least you will get is fantastic memories and a story to tell your children. And maybe you can write a book about your ADVENTURE and earn a fortune. I wish you the very very best.

I hope to can to write this bokk about one peice with the help to the owner of this story, but I think I have.... 15% probability.