GB Pound will fall to around bt 39

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My expert analysis biggrin.png is GDP / THB will fluctuate between 45 & 46.5 until the end of 2016.

​I also predict that TV will shut down at 3 pm today. smile.png

I agree with the first bit, but at 3 pm I won't care as I will be having an afternoon nap while the kids play on the computers.

Don't worry about the pound, the Euro is on the brink of collapse IMHO, are you seeing the news about Italian banks? France's are not much better,

Sterling will become a safe haven for Europeans in the near future

US Fed rate increase looks like it's back in the long long long grass and a BOE rate reduction looks likely this week, the two may just cancel each other out although I suspect GBP/THB is weighted to the downside, I'm looking GBP to fall against THB this week. Did I put my money where my mouth is? Yes, about 30 minutes ago, aimed purely at trying to make a small profit plus extending my accumulation of THB, 45.48 was not my expensive THB buy but it's getting close.

19 hours ago, rogeroc said:

What a strange comment, it is completely obvious that a number of British living overseas could be drastically affected. I guess you don't have any British friends !

Or any friends ,Johnny no mates :D

On 8/1/2016 at 5:25 PM, rogeroc said:

What a strange comment, it is completely obvious that a number of British living overseas could be drastically affected. I guess you don't have any British friends !

is it mandatory to have British friends when living in Thailand? :ermm:

On 7/29/2016 at 4:50 PM, 12DrinkMore said:

The US economy is in fact actually growing. They have even had the house pricee correction. The Fed is also muttering about raising interest rates. And the USD is the world's reserve currency.

The UK doesn't seem to export much these days, it has been running an increasing current account deficit for years. I doubt whether the UK will be able to make "advantageous" deals with the Eurozone. There will be a lot of political pressure in Europe to penalise the bad boy. Do not expect any "lucrative" deals for the UK, which it could not even achieve when in the EU. Not moving from the GBP to the EUR was always going to put the UK on the outside of European leadership. "Not one of the club".

The big earner over the last decade has been the financial services sector running out of London. There will be pressure on European banks to move back to Europe and London will become less significant anyway as the Asians will be dealing in Hong Kong and Singapore.

The UK has a fixation on the sacred cow of house prices. There was never really a huge correction, which is politically very sensitive. Any party that allowed the house prices to fall would be voted out. But now it has reached the point where most people under the age of 45 is unlikely to ever own a property, even with the historically low interest rates. They are simply paying too much in rent to be able to save for the large deposits required nowadays. This is incredibly bad for the economy, but chronic and continuing shortsightedness by governments over two decades has led to a massive housing shortfall.

So now we have Theresa coming to "boost the north" and rejuvenate the economy. But unfortunately the "shovel ready" projects have still not been prepared.

The UK has been in decline for decades, masked by the growth in the financial services, which I personally regard as more of a parasite full of rent seekers. This cannot be blamed on Brexit, but put firmly on the attitude of the Brits themselves, regarding themselves still as having an empire controlling 60% of the world's trade and feeling wealthy due to rising propoerty prices.

I have colleagues in the UK who have gotten very lazy, sitting back and stating they can earn more from rising house prices than bothering to work. Sums it up.

So come on, give me some good news.

What has the UK got that the world is going to want to buy?

nothing

is it mandatory to have British friends when living in Thailand? :ermm:

My comment about not having any British friends was in direct response to Post 66 where the Poster asked 'who cares whatever the pound does'. I responded because i felt the comment was less than intelligent and insenstive. But the question above just makes me wonder about the point of trying to discuss anything on this forum.

•  
  •  

1 hour ago, rogeroc said:

is it mandatory to have British friends when living in Thailand? :ermm:

My comment about not having any British friends was in direct response to Post 66 where the Poster asked 'who cares whatever the pound does'. I responded because i felt the comment was less than intelligent and insenstive. But the question above just makes me wonder about the point of trying to discuss anything on this forum.

•  
  •  
  •  

your arrogant assumptions make me wonder too.

On 8/2/2016 at 11:22 PM, Johnniey said:

Rather selfish ain't it. If you don't care, don't read. Did someone make you read this?

Rather selfish ain't it. If you don't care, don't read. Did someone make you read this?

Why not...I don't care about the idiots who come here whining about their 25 year younger teeraak that suddenly falls out of love with them and all manner of things occur...but I still read it.

Lets face it the only ones who are concerned about the exchange rate are those who failed to adequately plan for their future in any number of ways.

This can be from suddenly getting horny and moving to the exotic east based on stories they have heard from mates and then their pension drops below the required threshold and they are in the sh!t. And somehow want to blame someone else for the end of their taxpayers funded holiday in the sun......don't go into the 'I paid into NI to fund this'....you did not....you paid into it fund those already receiving it.No government keeps your cash in their bank anymore. 

If this is beyond your comprehension stop reading this post or hit the ignore button...both of us will be satisfied with my response thus far.

Then there are those that join online forums and convince themselves that using their previously non existent business skills to suddenly open a sure fire winner of a business and they will not go broke, do in fact go broke.

Throw in the various differences in culture that many will not experience in their farang ghetto style living and then get shaken up with the realities of living, and continuing to be able to qualify to live in Thailand   and ..well...yeah  I guess I am selfish..but I still don't care...sorry for not being part of the apparent farang brotherhood than some seem to so desperately need to feel part of.

17 minutes ago, Mudcrab said:

Why not...I don't care about the idiots who come here whining about their 25 year younger teeraak that suddenly falls out of love with them and all manner of things occur...but I still read it.

Lets face it the only ones who are concerned about the exchange rate are those who failed to adequately plan for their future in any number of ways.

This can be from suddenly getting horny and moving to the exotic east based on stories they have heard from mates and then their pension drops below the required threshold and they are in the sh!t. And somehow want to blame someone else for the end of their taxpayers funded holiday in the sun......don't go into the 'I paid into NI to fund this'....you did not....you paid into it fund those already receiving it.No government keeps your cash in their bank anymore. 

If this is beyond your comprehension stop reading this post or hit the ignore button...both of us will be satisfied with my response thus far.

Then there are those that join online forums and convince themselves that using their previously non existent business skills to suddenly open a sure fire winner of a business and they will not go broke, do in fact go broke.

Throw in the various differences in culture that many will not experience in their farang ghetto style living and then get shaken up with the realities of living, and continuing to be able to qualify to live in Thailand   and ..well...yeah  I guess I am selfish..but I still don't care...sorry for not being part of the apparent farang brotherhood than some seem to so desperately need to feel part of.

I've lived here for 31 years and my wife of 28 years is 2 years younger than me.

I won't get a pension from the UK.

As I get paid in Baht and travel to the UK on holidays, the rater affects me a lot.

I plan to retire to the UK too so again I care about the value of the pound.

Guys...stop shredding your nighties....but lets get real here....how much did you think about your "fellow" countrymen getting shafted in Zimbabwe/Rhodesia when it turned to shit? All those rich farmers getting their just desserts? Feel their pain now boys.

To the guys going back my comment still stands...I don't care....fail to plan....plan to fail. I am not without empathy but sympathy eludes me in this case. #! years in Thailand? Really and now going back to Blighty? Good luck old mate....you are going to need it.

And for the less fortunate stuck in Thailand or any other SEA country they thought they could be kings of the castle in on their government pensions...tough luck boys...this is the real world and guess what?...its not going to get any easier.

I'm from Australia......completely cut off from any handouts as such after 6 weeks overseas......stop whining...its coming to a country near you soon.

If you can't stand on your own two feet after what was, presumably, a lifetime of work (and not on the government handouts and transferred straight to some pension) then stay where you came from.

You are no asset to any country, including your own.

6 hours ago, Mudcrab said:

Guys...stop shredding your nighties....but lets get real here....how much did you think about your "fellow" countrymen getting shafted in Zimbabwe/Rhodesia when it turned to shit? All those rich farmers getting their just desserts? Feel their pain now boys.

To the guys going back my comment still stands...I don't care....fail to plan....plan to fail. I am not without empathy but sympathy eludes me in this case. #! years in Thailand? Really and now going back to Blighty? Good luck old mate....you are going to need it.

And for the less fortunate stuck in Thailand or any other SEA country they thought they could be kings of the castle in on their government pensions...tough luck boys...this is the real world and guess what?...its not going to get any easier.

I'm from Australia......completely cut off from any handouts as such after 6 weeks overseas......stop whining...its coming to a country near you soon.

If you can't stand on your own two feet after what was, presumably, a lifetime of work (and not on the government handouts and transferred straight to some pension) then stay where you came from.

You are no asset to any country, including your own.

Unduly and unnecessarily harsh criticism. Even the most studious risk averse financial planners could not have envisaged that UK interest and investment rates would remain so low for so long, indeed they've never been this low since the 1600's and they've never remained this low for so many years, ever before. Also, fifteen years ago only very few people could have foreseen the extent and duration of the 2008 global financial crisis which is arguably more serious today than ever. It's all well and good with the benefit of hindsight to say that people should have done this or done that but fifteen years ago when a person was actually planning their retirement abroad, even planning for the unthinkable didn't involve all the factors that have materialised since.

"fail to plan....plan to fail", to which I would say, "the best laid plans of mice and men"!

Archived