What's going on?

chercheur888

Exit from circle into Chao Fa West road has been blocked. All traffic from Rawai&Kata (as well as from Phuket Town, if were planning on going to Chao Fa West through the circle) is directed into Chao Fa East. Big mess.

And the BiB as usual are doing everything to make it even worse.

Exit from circle into Chao Fa West road has been blocked. All traffic from Rawai&Kata (as well as from Phuket Town, if were planning on going to Chao Fa West through the circle) is directed into Chao Fa East. Big mess.

And the BiB as usual are doing everything to make it even worse.

Thank you for replying to the topic and not something else. Any idea if that is going to be permanent for the foreseeable future?

That's the annual Phuket Chinese Coach Bus Festival. biggrin.png

You will soon be able to celebrate it everyday of the year.

Thank you NKM, but I was not really interested in festivals, but while we are at it, you are extremely late as the daily festival started more than a year ago in this part of the world.

That's the annual Phuket Chinese Coach Bus Festival. biggrin.png

You will soon be able to celebrate it everyday of the year.

Thank you NKM, but I was not really interested in festivals, but while we are at it, you are extremely late as the daily festival started more than a year ago in this part of the world.

Just as Koh Phangan has its Full Moon Party, Phuket has its Full Road Festival, and it's getting bigger, and bigger. :)

A couple of people I know reported heavy traffic and diversions into the East road today.

I don't know if they are starting to dig the tunnel or just stuffing about with drains and lampposts.

Homepro will probably go broke before this mess is finished as access is very limited..

A couple of people I know reported heavy traffic and diversions into the East road today.

I don't know if they are starting to dig the tunnel or just stuffing about with drains and lampposts.

Homepro will probably go broke before this mess is finished as access is very limited..

Not just HomePro alone, the tenants in the whole mall will be affected.

Took me 40 minutes to get from Saiyuan & along Visit Rd to the circle at around the same time as the OP mentioned. The contractor does not seem to be in any hurry to get the roads on the side to be used again after doing the drainage work. Possibly due to ongoing negotiations with "land owners" who in actual fact may not really own the land as there is supposed to be a section on each side of the road belonging to the state.

Yes, that was implied. Most people would be able to put that together, but thanks for spelling it out.

The traffic to the circle from all directions moves, slowly but surely, but it keeps moving. The only time there are major stalled tailbacks is when the BiB decide to 'control' the traffic. They have no idea and the result is chaos.

Example: I was waiting to navigate the circle on my motorbike, the policeman was angrily waving me onto the circle right into the path of a cement truck. When I pointed this out he just shrugged and carried on flapping his hand.

As I said, they have no idea how a traffic circle works.

On Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 0:37 AM, Kopitiam said:

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Looks like all the businesses in that small showroom area opposite HomePro have all failed.

To leave Home Pro, I use the rear exit onto Patak Road, turn left to the circle and then down to Rawai, so no painful right-turns needed onto Chao Fah West.

I guess from now on I'll be using the rear entrance to get to Home Pro, too.

Edited by JetsetBkk

16 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

To leave Home Pro, I use the rear exit onto Patak Road, turn left to the circle and then down to Rawai, so no painful right-turns needed onto Chao Fah West.

I guess from now on I'll be using the rear entrance to get to Home Pro, too.

If you use the rear entrance to get to Rawai, turning left to the circle will make you join the jam.  Turning right onto Patak Rd to Kata, will give you another route to Rawai.  Half way up the hill, you can turn left onto a side road that will lead you pass the orchid farm and come out near to Tesco Rawai.  The distance maybe longer but you avoid the madness at the circle.

21 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

If you use the rear entrance to get to Rawai, turning left to the circle will make you join the jam.  Turning right onto Patak Rd to Kata, will give you another route to Rawai.  Half way up the hill, you can turn left onto a side road that will lead you pass the orchid farm and come out near to Tesco Rawai.  The distance maybe longer but you avoid the madness at the circle.

Yes, soi Suksan 1. But to get onto Patak road you have to turn right across all the loonies barrelling down Patak road to Rawai from Kata! Plus Suksan 1 is so pot-holed I would try to avoid that way.

However, I do go the reverse way, if I wanted to get to Kata/Karon/Patong, as I can turn left off Vised road just before the road works start at the school.

The real nuisance is that they've stopped you coming from Kata and turning right down soi Suksan - they've not cut a hole in the central divider. That was a good way to go at around 5 pm to avoid the jams, and getting out at the other end was relatively easy because the traffic going north on Vised was usually stationary. default_biggrin.png

24 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

<snip>

The real nuisance is that they've stopped you coming from Kata and turning right down soi Suksan - they've not cut a hole in the central divider. That was a good way to go at around 5 pm to avoid the jams, and getting out at the other end was relatively easy because the traffic going north on Vised was usually stationary. default_biggrin.png

Now plenty car and bikes going to the end of the central barrier to make a u-turn to get to Soi Susan. 

A bigger danger than the old right turn that was also a hazard.