New Texas gun control law allows concealed guns on campus

webfact

11 minutes ago, Thai66 said:

I read all of these comments above and had to respond in kind:

A CCW is a mighty deterrent to the deranged gunmen who often target "gun-free zones" such as university campuses, cinemas, festivals, etc because they do not meet any resistance when they commit their crimes.  Paris, Brussels, Orlando, Nice, etc were such "gun-free" zones - and we all know what terrible things happened at each of these places.

Note: The new Texas law states a minimum age limit of 21 for a student to carry a CW on campus.  These are young adults by this age - not the feckless 18 year olds just coming into college..............

I gladly paid for the government required training courses, gun safety courses, practice range training (under a qualified instructor) for my college aged daughter (who just turned 20).  I would rather for her to be in a position to protect herself and not cower in fear, if, God forbid, some maniac goes on another shooting spree where she happened to be.

The world is a very dangerous place these days and the police cannot be everywhere and protect everyone, all the time.  Each individual must take on the responsibility of defending himself / herself

As long as you have instructed your daughter that her first effort should be to escape the danger and not think she is a law enforement officer.

Run, Forrest, Run is still the smart move

Totally insaned. USA has become the laughing stock of the civilised world. The only good thing that can come out of this is they will depopulate the country and the original inhabitants will get all their stolen land back. Surely the President can step in and prevent this stupidity.

1 hour ago, Credo said:

That would probably be about as effective as banning the Zika virus.   

There' something called enforcement of the law. Surely America can do that as they seem to want to do it to all outside countries.

4 hours ago, Thai66 said:

I read all of these comments above and had to respond in kind:

A CCW is a mighty deterrent to the deranged gunmen who often target "gun-free zones" such as university campuses, cinemas, festivals, etc because they do not meet any resistance when they commit their crimes.  Paris, Brussels, Orlando, Nice, etc were such "gun-free" zones - and we all know what terrible things happened at each of these places.

Note: The new Texas law states a minimum age limit of 21 for a student to carry a CW on campus.  These are young adults by this age - not the feckless 18 year olds just coming into college..............

I gladly paid for the government required training courses, gun safety courses, practice range training (under a qualified instructor) for my college aged daughter (who just turned 20).  I would rather for her to be in a position to protect herself and not cower in fear, if, God forbid, some maniac goes on another shooting spree where she happened to be.

The world is a very dangerous place these days and the police cannot be everywhere and protect everyone, all the time.  Each individual must take on the responsibility of defending himself / herself

Americans just don't get it, do they? Australia has not had mass shootings since the Port Arthur massacre of 1996, when strict gun controls were introduced.

The American response to gun massacres is to buy more guns. That's about as logical as trying to extinguish a fire with gasoline.

4 hours ago, tigermoth said:

Totally insaned. USA has become the laughing stock of the civilised world. The only good thing that can come out of this is they will depopulate the country and the original inhabitants will get all their stolen land back. Surely the President can step in and prevent this stupidity.

Ummm...have you not seen that "stupid as stupid gets" is actually in the running for President? 

Edited by Roadman

5 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

As long as you have instructed your daughter that her first effort should be to escape the danger and not think she is a law enforement officer.

Run, Forrest, Run is still the smart move

It takes a lot of training to become proficient with firearms use, it takes training, instruction, practice, practice and more practice.  It never ends.

chances are your average redneck carrying a shooter has not much skill whatsoever.  It's a receipe for disaster.

most of them are just kidding themselves and would run screaming like little biatches once rounds started flying, worst still, heavens forbid, have their own side arms turned on themselves and others.

4 minutes ago, Roadman said:

Ummm...have you not seen that "stupid as stupid gets" is actually in the running for President? 

Maybe the. Public should be armed to the teeth, hopefully one of them takes 'stupid' out for good !

39 minutes ago, neverdie said:

Maybe the. Public should be armed to the teeth, hopefully one of them takes 'stupid' out for good !

I think she has too many body guards for that to happen.