Wife cannot attend annual extension of stay application

My wife normally has to accompany me when I visit Immigration for my annual extension of stay on my work visa. Then she normally has to sign a form that she will not be able to attend when I pick up the extension which is granted a month later.

This year she is up for open heart surgery, and will be in ICU/1 - 2 months recuperating over the time I normally visit immigration.

Anyone have any advice?

I am not aware of any need for your wife to be with you when you apply for your extension of stay based upon working, Or is she there to apply for her extension as your dependent.

If she needs to apply for her extension you should be able to apply for it by presenting documents from the doctor and hospital that she is to ill to to do it.

Maybe I wasn't so clear. I have a Non O marriage visa (married to Thai lady, with 2 children), but submit work documents too to prove income over certain amount, which means a thick wad of paper every year.

So this year I will be doing my 3rd extension of stay.

6 minutes ago, justjulian said:

Maybe I wasn't so clear. I have a Non O marriage visa (married to Thai lady, with 2 children), but submit work documents too to prove income over certain amount, which means a thick wad of paper every year.

So this year I will be doing my 3rd extension of stay.

You have been applying for an extension of stay based upon marriage and using your income from working to prove the 40k baht income. That is why she has to present to do a statement.
One option you have is to apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife and then apply for the one year extension before it ends.
Or with proof of your wife illness and scheduled surgery immigration might let her do the statement prior to the date you would normally apply for the extension.

31 minutes ago, Topah said:

I have always got the stamp alone without wife. Non O based on marriage. Is there a new regulation that wife needs to be there when you go after 1 month? 400k in a bank not 40k monthly.

There is no requirement I know of for your wife to be with you go back to get your extension stamp. My wife has gone alone and to get it done for me a couple of times.

Thanks for the sound advice.

As I had a 60 day extension and a thirty day extension after that in 2013 (on the same visa), I won't be able to get a 60 extension, unless the Police Order/law was introduced in after 2013. Maybe only 30 day one will be allowed, and the day I apply (30 Sept.), could hand in the extension application.

My agent is going in to Immigration this week - I will let you know what transpires.

Not to be picky but there is also no need for you to apply for a new annual extension on the 1 year aniversity of your extension.

Just as an example my original application for a one year retirement extension was 15 October 2011.

The next year for reasons not important  to this topic, i did my second eztension on 10 October, 5 days less than one year after my original extension.

It was still accepted and just added on to the time.

So, at least in CW, you can go early.

But don't be late.

5 hours ago, justjulian said:

Thanks for the sound advice.

As I had a 60 day extension and a thirty day extension after that in 2013 (on the same visa), I won't be able to get a 60 extension, unless the Police Order/law was introduced in after 2013. Maybe only 30 day one will be allowed, and the day I apply (30 Sept.), could hand in the extension application.

My agent is going in to Immigration this week - I will let you know what transpires.

You will not be able to get a 60 day extension. You can only get one for each visa entry. There is no 30 day extension.

You do not get a 30 day extension when you apply for the one year extension. You get a under consideration stamp that allows you stay until your extension is approved with date 30 day from the date you apply or from the date you current permit to stays end dependent upon upon the office you go to.