Roxanna Brown... CM's Original Hard Rocker

Gonzo the Face

This lady Roxanna Brown, had the original Hard Rock in Chiang Mai , around 1990.  Mods I start this thread more as a tale of Roxanna and do not want to impose on the other thread in the forum.  This one is a sad story of a very nice lady  that I feel happy and proud to say was my friend.  It is directly related to CM as she did have the first Hard Rock Cafe, here at Thapae Gate.  But this a story on the life of a very special lady who left us, way before her time,,   I put this on board so others may know of this lady.

Contribute if you knew her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mort-rosenblum/roxanna-brown-how-can-thi_b_113624.html

I only met her a few times, one of which was when I heard that she wanted a partner for The Hard Rock. It was argued that having been the first inThailand to register the name, she was legally entitled to use it. I was sceptical about that, but the thing that put me off was the fact that she didn't seem to like her customers! She had quite a list of complaints, one of which was that  they wrote their names on the walls in the toilet! 

Maybe she had been in the business too long by then, but her negativity towards the customers, mostly young people, was not going to help if she was running a Hard Rock Cafe. She came across as being an interesting  character that was maybe not living the life she wanted. It is sad to hear of her unfortunate, untimely death.