Bars Closed Saturday?

thaiflyer1

With around 2% of Thailand's 48 million eligible voters registering to vote on the Constitution, those that feel deprived (once again) of their right to buy and consume piss in public 24/7, can rail against the 960,000 or so locals who give some illusion of caring about their future.

50 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

With around 2% of Thailand's 48 million eligible voters registering to vote on the Constitution, those that feel deprived (once again) of their right to buy and consume piss in public 24/7, can rail against the 960,000 or so locals who give some illusion of caring about their future.

Me., as a tourist, having a beer on Sunday and watching the Mighty Cats is hardly going to infringe the rights of the 960,000 who intend to vote. I am not going to set up road blocks.

7 hours ago, gmac said:

What for this time?  Can't see anything on the calendar.  Elections?  

Overseas governments have been warning folk to keep out of demos, etc should there be any, this coming saturday

Sign in MaxValue at my Condo

From August 6th at 18:00

Until August 7th at 24:00

It's done to stop the poor from spending their money on booze, it doesn't stop people who can afford to have large stocks of booze at home.

20160803_233045.jpg

10 hours ago, seancbk said:

Sign in MaxValue at my Condo

From August 6th at 18:00

Until August 7th at 24:00

It's done to stop the poor from spending their money on booze, it doesn't stop people who can afford to have large stocks of booze at home.

20160803_233045.jpg

Bloody hell..that Smirnoff ice is cheap

hpm.

On 8/3/2016 at 2:52 PM, Cats4ever said:

Me., as a tourist, having a beer on Sunday and watching the Mighty Cats is hardly going to infringe the rights of the 960,000 who intend to vote. I am not going to set up road blocks.

Your rights are not the point. The alcohol restrictions during election times is about getting maximum voter turnout by reducing festivities and alcohol consumption. It's not a bad idea. Sorry for the inconvenience.:D

On 8/4/2016 at 0:50 AM, Mojomor said:

Well, quite a lot of people are paid to vote. About 300 baht. Now nobody wants these people to get wasted and forget to vote.

So ---- what to do ---- close the boozers of course. Problem solved. 

Not being paid this time around.

On 8/5/2016 at 7:52 AM, craigt3365 said:

From what I've heard so far, most bars are going to obey.  Most don't think it's worth the risk.

I think Hooters is open. I'm not sure about serving booze. My Hooters girl said she had to work so couldn't come over. Convinced me. Maybe I should go check on her? If she's lying, well, at least I have learned my support has been a scam and she's a lying bitch. She asked me to never go to Hooters because dating customers isn't allowed, even off duty. Humm....

1 hour ago, BruceMangosteen said:

I think Hooters is open. I'm not sure about serving booze. My Hooters girl said she had to work so couldn't come over. Convinced me. Maybe I should go check on her? If she's lying, well, at least I have learned my support has been a scam and she's a lying bitch. She asked me to never go to Hooters because dating customers isn't allowed, even off duty. Humm....

She's not lying... she's here working.

She just gave me her phone number as well. Do you want it?

6 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

I just left a bar.  Open after 6PM, and normal hours tomorrow.  But no booze.  Still have quite a few customers after 6PM.  Not sure about 8PM! LOL

So voting closed for an hour now already.

No alcohol can be served until after midnight, 8 hours after the polls close. Why??????

So they don't kill each other with drunken quarrels about who voted for what.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Archived