Israel blocks Olympics-bound Palestinian from travel

webfact

2 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

No. Doing it obsessively - like many here do - is a different story.

Not obsessive - just sad at the daily, repeated transgressions perpetrated by the terrorists on both sides - Israeli and Palestinian.

43 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There is no logic in that statement. Only raw vile irrational HATRED. 

No, no, no hatred in my comments.

For me the brutal and racist police state of Israel should be excluded from all international bodies, just as was the regime of South Africa at the apartheid time.

Its archaic vision of relations based exclusively on the balance of power is gone. The only results are unanimous rejection of all, the fierce neighbors hatred and permanent insecurity for the population.

Therefore I repeat that the IOC should take this opportunity to exclude Israel sets as it has not adopted a decent governance.

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

He is not the head of the team. He is delegation head. There is a difference. Technically, the convicted murderer and sidekick of  Yasser Arafat is the head of the team.

Factually, the unconcivted murderer, Menachim Begin, was Prime Minister of Israel so I do not see the relevance of this comment.

16 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Only with the leftists who hate Israel anyway. No one else really cares. The Palestinians long history of murdering innocents - terrorism - does not create a lot of sympathy.

Not good PR for Israel especially in an Olympics where the 1972 murdered Israeli athletes will be honored on the grounds that sport should be free from politics during the games.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/01/sports/olympics/families-of-1972-munich-victims-find-new-hope-for-remembrance.html

Ironic.

Edited by dexterm

1 hour ago, happy Joe said:

No, no, no hatred in my comments.

For me the brutal and racist police state of Israel should be excluded from all international bodies, just as was the regime of South Africa at the apartheid time.

Its archaic vision of relations based exclusively on the balance of power is gone. The only results are unanimous rejection of all, the fierce neighbors hatred and permanent insecurity for the population.

Therefore I repeat that the IOC should take this opportunity to exclude Israel sets as it has not adopted a decent governance.

No. It's another case of perverted Israel demonization. Nobody is saying the Israeli government is perfect but look at the list of nations that participate. There are plenty that are much worse than Israel. This is selective and OBSESSIVE irrational and hateful focus on the one nation state in the world associated with Jews. You can repeat your hate filled agenda of wanting to punish the Jewish nation state all you like ... it's clear to me this incident is just another very lame EXCUSE to unleash the poison. Israel exists, Israel has every right to enforce it's border rules just as your nation does, just as Egypt does (why don't the Israel haters demand Egypt be banned from international events for blocking the very same person ... we already know, they're not a nation of JEWS).

I am NOT saying I agree with delaying the passage of this one person, because I don't know enough about the reasons for the delay in this specific case. Maybe there is a valid reason and maybe there is not. But in any case, if nations were blocked from athletics for every border passage controversy, there would be no games at all.

You say there was no hatred in your post. Sorry, you don't get to dictate how people react to obsessive and irrational Israel demonization. I can smell the hatred miles away, and many other people can too.

BTW, I attended the Munich Olympics where the Palestinian terrorists murdered the Israeli athletes. They weren't part of a Palestinian team, they were just terrorists. The shameful thing beyond the terrorists was how the German government dealt with that and made deals with the terrorists after the event. 

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No. It's another case of perverted Israel demonization. Nobody is saying the Israeli government is perfect but look at the list of nations that participate. There are plenty that are much worse than Israel. This is selective and OBSESSIVE irrational and hateful focus on the one nation state in the world associated with Jews. You can repeat your hate filled agenda of wanting to punish the Jewish nation state all you like ... it's clear to me this incident is just another very lame EXCUSE to unleash the poison. Israel exists, Israel has every right to enforce it's border rules just as your nation does, just as Egypt does (why don't the Israel haters demand Egypt be banned from international events for blocking the very same person ... we already know, they're not a nation of JEWS).

>>Israel has every right to enforce it's border rules just as your nation does

Problem is Israel has never declared where its borders are.

The area this Palestinian comes from is under an illegal occupation. Israel has no right to deny him any sort of exit visa. He is living in his own land.

Edited by dexterm

1 hour ago, dexterm said:

>>Israel has every right to enforce it's border rules just as your nation does

Problem is Israel has never declared where its borders are.

The area this Palestinian comes from is under an illegal occupation. Israel has no right to deny him any sort of exit visa. He is living in his own land.

So Gaza is under occupation?

Please tell us more. :)

30 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

So Gaza is under occupation?

Please tell us more. :)

"The United Nations, International human rights organisations, and the majority of governments and legal commentators consider the territory to be still occupied by Israel, supported by additional restrictions placed on Gaza by Egypt. Israel maintains direct external control over Gaza and indirect control over life within Gaza: it controls Gaza's air and maritime space, and six of Gaza's seven land crossings. It reserves the right to enter Gaza at will with its military and maintains a no-go buffer zone within the Gaza territory."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_Strip

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_Strip#cite_note-occ-22

1 minute ago, Boon Mee said:

Heh...'the majority of governments' + the so-called 'International rights organizations' are the final advocate? :lol:

Bottom line Bud - Gazza isn't occupied by Israel which was your contention...:thumbsup:

Well, you tell me how they are able to deny the OP athlete an exit visa if they are not occupying Gaza.

1 minute ago, dexterm said:

Well, you tell me how they are able to deny the OP athlete an exit visa if they are not occupying Gaza.

Sounds like a strawman putup propaganda job again by the Israel-haters to this unbiased poster.

Red Tape blown out of proportion...

38 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If Gaza is "occupied" then is Egypt occupying it as well?:facepalm:

Interesting the obsessing Israel demonizing agenda is all about dissing Israel about this and not even one comment about how the border to Egypt was completely closed.

The corrupt Egyptian dictator Sisi who has murdered thousands of his own citizens makes an excellent Israeli bed fellow. 

Egypt controls one land crossing to Gaza. Israel controls 6, as well as Gazan sea and airspace. Israel can and does frequently switch off electricity, water, food and humanitarian aid to Gaza, and in its frequent incursions vindictively destroys all Palestinian attempts to rebuild their infrastructure and self sufficiency. 

Israel controls almost every aspect of Gazans' daily lives, including the right of a Palestinian athlete to attend the Olympic Games which are supposedly free from politics.

End the Occupation.

On Wednesday, August 03, 2016 at 4:30 AM, JingerBen said:

The radical Zionists who run Israel just shot themselves in the foot again.

This is a public relations disaster in the making.

The radical islamacists have been thwarted again from spreading propaganda by heroic Israel - the only democracy in the middle east who all Muslims have threatened to destroy.

On Wednesday, August 03, 2016 at 4:30 AM, JingerBen said:

The radical Zionists who run Israel just shot themselves in the foot again.

This is a public relations disaster in the making.

The radical islamacists have been thwarted again from spreading propaganda by heroic Israel - the only democracy in the middle east who all Muslims have threatened to destroy. Israel is a legally established democracy. The so called Palestine is a terror state and a foil for judaphobes throughout the Muslim world. People who are anti Israel are selective in their social justice campaigns but usually just plain anti semites funded by islamic extemists. Many don't know how they are being manipulated or understand history.

Edited by The manic

43 minutes ago, dexterm said:

The corrupt Egyptian dictator Sisi who has murdered thousands of his own citizens makes an excellent Israeli bed fellow. 

Egypt controls one land crossing to Gaza. Israel controls 6, as well as Gazan sea and airspace. Israel can and does frequently switch off electricity, water, food and humanitarian aid to Gaza, and in its frequent incursions vindictively destroys all Palestinian attempts to rebuild their infrastructure and self sufficiency. 

Israel controls almost every aspect of Gazans' daily lives, including the right of a Palestinian athlete to attend the Olympic Games which are supposedly free from politics.

End the Occupation.

End islamic judaphobia.

11 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Israel provokes to maintain sympathy. It's like a little schoolgirl that repeatedly pokes the little boy and then runs to teacher when they get a slap.

Except the international community, at large, panders to them and overlooks their repeated illegal activities while supporting them to the tune of billions of dollars per year.

2 hours ago, DaddyWarbucks said:

Excusing it as a bureaucratic SNAFU is either naïve or disingenuous.

A ridiculous claim considering all the EVIDENCE that you are wrong. However, to be expected from the obsessive hate-Israel crew.