ilikehdtv / TOT

superal

Your experiences with these companies please .

( Ilikehdtv )   I have to say that they offer all the programmes that I want but the reception is another thing . There has not been a month where I have not had to contact them with the same old problem of buffering and freezing which makes viewing almost impossible . It is most apparent on Sky Sports especially Racing UK  and Attheraces and is if someone throws a stop switch right at the vital time . To be fair they are prompt with replying by email and very courteous and admit that there are sometimes issues on their side .

( TOT ) I am served by TOT with fiber optic and have had problems with them insomuch an unstable signal , should get 20mbps down and 7 up but the test graph t peaks and troughs dramatically . I have lost count the amount of times I have called them and the technicians have been to my place and not able to resolve . 

I am now being told that a better option may be Kodi and is completely free but is the setup and installation complicated ? I have an android box in the current configuration . Finally if this were the western world I could pick up the phone and have an engineer to sort the problem but it seems to me that that service is not available here , unless you know better . BTw there seems to be some knowledgeable tech guys on this forum who could maybe employ their skills , especially for farangs as there would not be the communication problem if the English language was spoken  

I find the best are 365sports or expatpremiumtv. Both have 7day catch up services and only need around 5mb for almost perfect streaming. I have used ilikehd too and found it pretty good. Had to drop down to 480 sometimes if the internet was playing up(TOT also)

expat premium are offering a 7 day trial now and i have been using it for 3 days now (around 4 hours a day) and it has buffered twice for about 3-5 seconds(on a 25mb fibre connection).

Kodi is fine for movies and tv but i find it buffers too much on live sports. 

I get confused with all these names but I have been using ilikehd and not ilikehdtv which seems to be different or even possibly a reseller of ilikehd (no tv)

I dowloaded the ilikehd+ Android app from Google Playstore and set up my account from within the app.

I have mainly used them for the 2 hour pass with mixed results but will not give up on them just yet.

• 4 months later...

Hi ,  Yes I have had numerous problems with programmes buffering or dropping out , followed by the instruction to log in but the screen will not let me . Eventually it returns to home mode and then I can use the automatic log on . Last night I was trying to watch horse racing on Attheraces but the sound dropped out . I emailed Ilikehd who as normal replied quickly and said they will investigate but the problem was not resolved . Have had the same scenario with Channel 4 .   Unable to stream or unable to play video are quite common info . I view through an android box and when I get these problems I often go to youtube and play music videos with no problems . My internet is with TOT 30mbps down and 10mbps up which is always exceeded .

Having said all that I have a friend who never gets a problem of buffering etc with Ilikehd . Frustrating to say the least .

Often a solution is when a programme drops out and the screen displays  unable to connect to server , wait for that to disappear                  ( normally 5 - 10 seconds ) and then left click on play live tv , which normally does the trick . 

I have 3BB fiber with a Minix android box and the speed test to local Phuket node is around 80M.  The number on the upper right of the screen is often under 1M.  Last week when I complained, the speed miraculously increased to 7M for about an hour.  I think it's too much volume / not enough investment in equipment.  

I have been an iLikeHD user for 2 years now. Initially, for 6 months or so, they were very good, steady streams with little or no buffering. then things started to go wrong. I persisted and things got better. They then added channels from France, Germany etc, each bundle being priced differently. The UK channels, basic UK plus UK Sports cost me 550 baht net (with the 100 baht discount applied). This cycle of periods of smooth streaming and periods of buffering continued.

I then heard of Flawless IPTV from a post by a member here. I investigated and signed up for a month at the beginning of November this year. They are UK based and charge in GBP, for UK, USA & CA Entertainment and Sports Channels plus some Video on Demand Movies, which are of minimum interest to me, for a subscription fee of £10 per month.

They have all the UK channels that IlikeHD have plus the US and Canadian channels. Their streaming was indeed super smooth and the picture quality was far superior to iLikeHD. They offer Full HD, HD and SD options for Sky Sports and many other channels. They were, however, the victims of a DDoS (deliberate denial of service) attack in mid November but recovered quickly.

I watch UK Discovery channels and the like, UK Football (early kickoff's and replays), Cricket, F1 and some Rugby, all of which are available.

I watched the India v England Test Matches over the last few weeks nearly all day with only the very occasional buffering. However, the last day, Sunday, Sky Sports 2 HD channels were a problem with constant buffering. I eventually found US Willow channel which had a better HD picture and was fairly stable.

From Monday last, most channels were very frustrating with constant buffering. I was prepared to return to iLikeHD when I realised that my 3BB 50 Mbit internet was giving full speed in Thailand but less than 2Mbit/sec International. Today 3BB are back to 20 - 30 Mbit/sec International speed and my IPTV is once again "Flawless"

Try it...

1 hour ago, rawhod said:

I have been an iLikeHD user for 2 years now. Initially, for 6 months or so, they were very good, steady streams with little or no buffering. then things started to go wrong. I persisted and things got better. They then added channels from France, Germany etc, each bundle being priced differently. The UK channels, basic UK plus UK Sports cost me 550 baht net (with the 100 baht discount applied). This cycle of periods of smooth streaming and periods of buffering continued.

I then heard of Flawless IPTV from a post by a member here. I investigated and signed up for a month at the beginning of November this year. They are UK based and charge in GBP, for UK, USA & CA Entertainment and Sports Channels plus some Video on Demand Movies, which are of minimum interest to me, for a subscription fee of £10 per month.

They have all the UK channels that IlikeHD have plus the US and Canadian channels. Their streaming was indeed super smooth and the picture quality was far superior to iLikeHD. They offer Full HD, HD and SD options for Sky Sports and many other channels. They were, however, the victims of a DDoS (deliberate denial of service) attack in mid November but recovered quickly.

I watch UK Discovery channels and the like, UK Football (early kickoff's and replays), Cricket, F1 and some Rugby, all of which are available.

I watched the India v England Test Matches over the last few weeks nearly all day with only the very occasional buffering. However, the last day, Sunday, Sky Sports 2 HD channels were a problem with constant buffering. I eventually found US Willow channel which had a better HD picture and was fairly stable.

From Monday last, most channels were very frustrating with constant buffering. I was prepared to return to iLikeHD when I realised that my 3BB 50 Mbit internet was giving full speed in Thailand but less than 2Mbit/sec International. Today 3BB are back to 20 - 30 Mbit/sec International speed and my IPTV is once again "Flawless"

Try it...

Hi Rawhod ,

I was talking to 3bb yesterday evening and considering their promo of 50 mbps down & 10 up and asked if they guarantee they can always deliver those speeds . Replied that within Thailand yes but when I mentioned international connections no as it will be greatly reduced , however they had another option for international which was in the region of 1200 baht per month ish . That will give a stable connection of 50 mbps .   Yesterday morning I made a visit to my local TOT office ( they are my current isp ) and took the latest bill  with me and gave it to them and said I was not going to pay it because their service was awful .( regretfully I lost my temper and raised my voice and became the centre of attention from all staff & customers ). They gave me a contract cancellation paper which has to be signed by my partner as it was her name on the contact .  I recently upgraded to 30/10 for a years contract  . Initially good but over the last 3 weeks the signal is very unstable and in the evenings I get zero upload which ruins any forward interaction . I have been on the phone every day to TOT Bangkok and the problem is at their end . They will reset my signal etc and all is good for the daytime but goes off early evening . What is hard to swallow is they expect to be paid every month regardless of their non delivery on their part of the contract .    Now when ever there is a loss of programme from Ilikehdtv I am never sure who is at fault , them or TOT . But one thing I will say is that Ilikehdtv respond very quickly to my emails to try to rectify my problems asap .   I always thought that fiber optic gave a superior and stable connection but I am finding it unreliable . 

Just an update on the iLike HD/Flawless situation.

It transpires that it may not be specifically a 3BB ISP problem that is causing Flawless to constantly buffer. I posted on Flawless Facebook page about the problems I had since 12 Dec. And lo and behold, several other people in Thailand and also HK and S Korea have the same problem  using different ISP's.

Flawless, for all their good customer relations, appear to have refused to make any comment or offer any help (with the exception of one mod who initially gave me some help personally, but we were unsuccessful) 

2 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

All these services seem to start off good but go downhill after a while.

I find Flawless works ok if using a VPN.

Interesting and why does using a VPN improve things ?

Last night Sky Sports 2 & 3 were not available to me at 18 00hrs so I emailed Ilikehdtv who were unaware of the problem but thanked me for feedback and resolved within 15 minutes . I must say that initially a year ago I was certainly receiving hd quality but now definitely not although watchable . BT sports is better picture wise .    The main annoyance for me is the programme will drop out and then I am asked to login again ( automatic login ) but the system does not  function and I keep repeating attempts till eventually it allows me back in .

3 hours ago, superal said:

Interesting and why does using a VPN improve things ?

Last night Sky Sports 2 & 3 were not available to me at 18 00hrs so I emailed Ilikehdtv who were unaware of the problem but thanked me for feedback and resolved within 15 minutes . I must say that initially a year ago I was certainly receiving hd quality but now definitely not although watchable . BT sports is better picture wise .    The main annoyance for me is the programme will drop out and then I am asked to login again ( automatic login ) but the system does not  function and I keep repeating attempts till eventually it allows me back in .

I use ilikehd via a laptop. When it drops out I change to the next channel forward or back and then return to my chosen channel, or choose a different ISP from the drop down menu. If the forward or back isn't possible (when I have full screen and 'stream not found') I hit escape and reload. Usually works.

9 hours ago, petedk said:

I discovered something called Channel Hopper today.

They claim to offer buffer free British TV with catch up on selected channels. Price about 300 baht per month.

Anyone know of this or tried it?

Hi Pete ,

Thanks for the info . Just looked them up and they seem very confident about their product and non buffering . I have sent them an email enquiring about the inclusion of Sky Sports package pricing , also asked them if there is a time delay on their transmissions which mitigates the buffering . I do not have a problem with that as long as its only a few minutes and delivers a seamless stream .

On 21/12/2016 at 9:59 PM, petedk said:

I discovered something called Channel Hopper today.

They claim to offer buffer free British TV with catch up on selected channels. Price about 300 baht per month.

Anyone know of this or tried it?

Their replied to my email ,

Our service doesn’t include Sky Sports but that can be subscribed to separately at nowtv.com

It allows your devices (including Android boxes) to access official sites such as BBC iPlayer, ITV hub etc.

You almost certainly won’t get buffering with our service.

Now tv '

Sky Sports Day Pass

£6.99

The best Sky Sports action for 24 hours.

SS_Week_ticket_snowy.png

Sky Sports Week Pass

£10.99

7 days of the biggest events.

SS_Month_ticket_snowy.png

Sky Sports Month Pass

£33.99 a month*

So not cheap 

On 8/3/2016 at 10:34 AM, superal said:

I am now being told that a better option may be Kodi

I've been using Kodi with the OTTtv addon that costs 6UKP/m for over 300 channels live. There is also a Mayfair TV guide that works on PC and Android with it and comes with a variant of play on demand whereby if the live feed isn't chosen from OTTtv then a recorded version of the TV guide entry is selected  if available from a source such as Specto or Exodus wherever the best source is. 

5 minutes ago, Mooner said:

Exactly. What are these people on? 

Expat premuim is 900 baht a month and is extremely reliable with a 7 day rewind and these guys are offering you uk freeview channels for 300 baht then charge you 34 pound for Sky . Delusional!

Have you tried ILikehdtv  which is probably half the price ? 

7 minutes ago, superal said:

Have you tried ILikehdtv  which is probably half the price ? 

IlikeHD? A waste of money for me even if it was only 10% of what it costs now. What's the point of a "cheap service" if the service is still "###}%" and unwatchable most of the time?

1 minute ago, DUS said:

IlikeHD? A waste of money for me even if it was only 10% of what it costs now. What's the point of a "cheap service" if the service is still "###}%" and unwatchable most of the time?

I agree and happy that I am not suffering alone but having said that a friend gets no problems at all ( or so he says but he watches it on his mobile as opposed to the big screen ) . Have you found another option that you could recommend  ? 

I have used it now and again. Have it at the moment and i would say it would buffer about 5 times during a football match for a a few seconds. Sometimes it can be bad so i usually switch to Astro rather than Skysports and it seems better

Its ok for a cheap option

Edited by Mooner

1 hour ago, superal said:

. Have you found another option that you could recommend  ? 

As I am only into watching sports I recently used 365's 3 month trial. Technically flawless and a joy to watch but I couldn't yet convince myself to spend almost 1000 Baht for their premium package. 

13 minutes ago, DUS said:

As I am only into watching sports I recently used 365's 3 month trial. Technically flawless and a joy to watch but I couldn't yet convince myself to spend almost 1000 Baht for their premium package. 

You sound like you view  the same programmes as me  ( footy fan ). Do they also show UK horse racing and transmit all channels in HD ? That is another letdown from Ilikehdtv , when is it ever that quality ? Is the 3 month promo still available  .   Cheers 

I could not understand why I kept getting loss of programme and buffering with Ilikehdtv but now I think I have found the answer .

When you logon and select your preferred channels , in my case UK tv the programme menu appears on the right and you then select a programme by double left clicking , the menu is still visible in front of the now displayed programme until you right click to remove the menu . Now before right clicking look to the top right corner and you can see the download strength . I am getting figures of 0.8mbps to 4mbps and not stable , normally dropping . So it does not take much variance to lose the streaming . I am with TOT who are delivering 30+mbps down and 18 up .  I emailed likehd and asked why was the signal strength  low and they told me to go to the page after you log in that shows VOD and LIVE TV etc and choose the 4th from the left which is MANAGE . Left click and it shows a drop down menu , click settings . Another drop down menu , 1/ quality - for which I had been on 720p so changed it to 1080p  2/ server - which is automatic and 

3/ isp , for which there is a choice of A , B , C , D and if you are experiencing buffering on say isp A change to another . I tried this but it made little difference to the mbps figure in the top right corner and buffering still occurred on all  4 options . 

So I assume that its all down to the transmission strength from Ilikehd .  From what I have read 365Sport seems the way to go for quality and price . If you want to watch non-sport tv I believe  Nowtv allows UK viewing on most channels .

I welcome any feedback that you have , even if it is to the contrary .