Serviced Apartment rental - Bangkok

MarkyM3

Hi,

Am looking for best recommendations at around 50k - 60k THB per month price range, most preferably in the Sukhumvit area but prefer away from Soi 4 area itself. Will be renting for 7 weeks from late October - mid December.

Have done plenty of internet searches and contacted a few places yesterday but no response as yet.

Just want the all-round best package. Looking for room of minimum 45sqm, strong internet connectivity is required, work desk, good outdoor pool and a fitness area is also required. Kitchenette required with washer dryer. Balcony would be nice to have.

Airbnb is an option but not entirely sure of that route.

Would welcome any comments from people who've done this kind of rental before.

Also, can anyone recommend any pay-as-you-go SIMs I could purchase on arrival with a large data allowance which allows tethering and the cost? I would like this as a backup in the event of internet connectivity problems in the place I rent.

TIA and cheers :-)

Jasmine Suites has several facilities, one on Sukhumvit at the corner of Soi 23, one block from Asok/Sukhumvit BTS-MRT, about as central as you can get. They also have a less expensive facility in Phra Khanong, 4 stops from Asok on the BTS.

I've never stayed there myself but friends who have rate it highly..

I lived for almost 2 years in a penthouse suite at Centrepoint Soi 10. A bit stiff at 130k/month. BUT, I had two of my employees in standard flats at 55k/month . We absolutely loved the place. This was in 2008 and I don't know todays rate AND the place is a bit older now. The thing I loved about Soi 10 was that it was close to everything but still far away from Sukhumvit, and their Tuk Tuk service brought me to Sukhumvit in two minutes and I could run in the nearby Park during weekend mornings. I had two other employees at Centrepoint Wireless road, that place was much newer and fancier (it has a squash court) but the location was a bit off.

Looking back at the two years at Soi 10 it was probably the best two years of my life.

Edited by Forethat