PAYG SIM with good data allowance

MarkyM3

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a pay-as-you-go SIM that allows tethering? And where to purchase? If I wanted to purchase 5GB with say 500 minutes talktime/month, how much approx would that cost?

Also, what kind of data transfer speed could I expect? Here in the UK I am using mobile 4G and getting c10Mbit speeds.

Any help would be very welcome. Thanks.

Edited by MarkyM3

Very diffrent here as you know to get a package like you want the call time would not include international calls however calls to UK are quite cheap through the provider I use Dtac internet on there is good 4.5gb a month 399bht full speed then if you use uo the 4.5  its still free but at a lower speed there is also free calls to other Dtac numbers in thailand. Tethering is just part of it no need to ask them just tether i do it all the time. If you google Dtac or AIS or true sim you will get comparisons from there and call rates to your home country. I put 004 before the 44 for uk snd that gives me cheaper calls. Again it also depends where you are staying as to signal strength my speed is 15.3 download and 2.5 up load plenty fast enough. Hope this helps a bit.

Edited by Deepinthailand

At any one time all three major providers here have many, many, many promotions.Often in the shops they have a single A4 chart of the current promotions; sorting through them on-line can be challenging.

You may be better off waiting until you are here, try a few providers and short-term plans to make sure you have the coverage and performance you need.

Post-paid plans generally have plans which you seem to be looking for, but those may require a residency requirement. I have a postpaid plan with 300 minutes + 8 GB (with rollover up to 16 GB) for 599 baht (642 with tax).

All plans allow for tethering here.

Very generally speaking a minute of calling might be in the 0.5 to 1 baht/min range, and 1 GB/100 baht, so you might be looking at a range of 750 - 1,000 baht for 500 min+ 5 GB.

There may be double internet allowances,or data rollover, free on-net calling, special calling promotions (bulk, time of day) all of which could get you costs closer to 500 baht.

Download speeds here are fine for most apps; I'd be surprised if you get less than 15/5 Mbps on 3G, and you might get much higher speeds.

I can vouch for AIS 4G 399thb a month plan. I don't remember the call rates exactly (can google them) but I get 5GB data allowance and here in Pattaya regularly get 35/15Mbps.

Tethering comes standard but you must activate international calls in store at the time of sign up (or anytime with ID.)

As you can see international call rates are pretty exxy at best.

image.jpeg