My partner is hoping to come to live with me in Thailand soon.   She is 36 years old, a Filipina with a UK passport,  She will not work and has considerable Financial assets.  What Visa, if any, could she obtain.  I am on a Retirement 'Visa'/ Stamp which is valid until July 2025. (No that is is not a typo).  We will marry in due course.

Many thanks

She can piggyback on your extension based on dependent.

She needs to enter Thailand on a non O not visa exempt or tourist visa.

This attached thread has not much info however has link to another thread that does. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1318143-to-get-a-dependent-extension-is-it-necessary-to-start-from-a-90-days-non-o/ 

First step is marriage. If you wish to move to Thailand sooner she could obtain a tourist eVisa using her UK pp.

After marriage exit Thailand and obtain a non O.

Where is she currently located. 

1 hour ago, Southsealad said:

My partner is hoping to come to live with me in Thailand soon. 

Partner is a broad term.
Can you define your term, either member of a married couple or of an established unmarried couple?

2 hours ago, Southsealad said:

I am on a Retirement 'Visa'/ Stamp which is valid until July 2025. (No that is is not a typo). 

What visa type would that be that allows you to stay for 14 months.

Did you obtain a Non O and 1 year permit of stay through an agent?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Partner is a broad term.
Can you define your term, either member of a married couple or of an established unmarried couple?

We will marry in due course.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

We will marry in due course.

Thanks, missed that part, however the OP doesn't state where they intend to marry.

In OP's previous posts, until 2 weeks ago the OP was asking questions with the intention to live in the Philippines, so it's all a bit confusing.

1 hour ago, Liquorice said:

Thanks, missed that part, however the OP doesn't state where they intend to marry.

In OP's previous posts, until 2 weeks ago the OP was asking questions with the intention to live in the Philippines, so it's all a bit confusing.

Change of plans.  Having done a lot of research I have come to the conclusion that the infrastructure in Ph is rubbish with constant brown outs almost daily.  The cons outweigh the pros.

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

She can piggyback on your extension based on dependent.

She needs to enter Thailand on a non O not visa exempt or tourist visa.

This attached thread has not much info however has link to another thread that does. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1318143-to-get-a-dependent-extension-is-it-necessary-to-start-from-a-90-days-non-o/ 

First step is marriage. If you wish to move to Thailand sooner she could obtain a tourist eVisa using her UK pp.

After marriage exit Thailand and obtain a non O.

Where is she currently located. 

Grateful if you could advise if The following is viable:

1.  GF obtains a Visa Exempt and is stamped for 60 days.  Apparently because she is based in Philipiines she is not eligible to apply for EVisa!

2.  During 60 days we marry.

3.  Following marriage we travel to a Thai Consulate, probably in Penang since we hope to live in Hua Hin and obtain a Non O

4.  Once obtained, she can piggy back as a dependant on me.

Many thanks

60 days?  She'll get 30 visa exempt (which can be extended 30) or otherwise 60 (which also can) if she goes and gets a tourist visa.  You'll both need documents from your Embassies (or both the UK if she's abandoning PI) for marriage but I'm guessing you must know all that already.

24 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

60 days?  She'll get 30 visa exempt (which can be extended 30) or otherwise 60 (which also can) if she goes and gets a tourist visa.  You'll both need documents from your Embassies (or both the UK if she's abandoning PI) for marriage but I'm guessing you must know all that already.

Thanks yes.  Tricky one this because she intends to travel on her UK passport as a UK citizen.  Immigration appear unable to grasp this  because she is coming from The Philippines.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Southsealad said:

Thailand.  I called them this morning using a Thai speaker.

There's not much for them to "grasp" if she just presents herself at immigration as a UK passport holder entering on her UK passport.  Phoning Immigration with a, possibly, long-winded and involved explanation of nationality, passport, country of origin, marriage, etc.,  can only complicated a straightforward entry.

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There's not much for them to "grasp" if she just presents herself at immigration as a UK passport holder entering on her UK passport.  Phoning Immigration with a, possibly, long-winded and involved explanation of nationality, passport, country of origin, marriage, etc.,  can only complicated a straightforward entry.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Southsealad said:
17 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why have you just reposted my comment?

6 hours ago, Southsealad said:

My partner is hoping to come to live with me in Thailand soon.   She is 36 years old, a Filipina with a UK passport,  She will not work and has considerable Financial assets.  What Visa, if any, could she obtain.  I am on a Retirement 'Visa'/ Stamp which is valid until July 2025. (No that is is not a typo).  We will marry in due course.

Many thanks

As an ASEAN native I would think that she should be able to figure that out for the best!  Once married, then thinks might be different and way beyond any knowledge I have on that issue.

• Confused 3

You seem to be having a problem using the quote facility.  After you've clicked quote and the box opens, just type under the quoted text. You don't have to write your reply in a separate post.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Southsealad said:

Grateful if you could advise if The following is viable:

1.  GF obtains a Visa Exempt and is stamped for 60 days.  Apparently because she is based in Philipiines she is not eligible to apply for EVisa!

2.  During 60 days we marry.

3.  Following marriage we travel to a Thai Consulate, probably in Penang since we hope to live in Hua Hin and obtain a Non O

4.  Once obtained, she can piggy back as a dependant on me.

Many thanks

1. Your girlfriend enters without a visa (visa exempt) and is granted a stay of 30 days, which can be extended for a further 30 days.

2. Have you checked the requirements at the local Amphoe where you intend to marry?
Have you researched how to obtain an affidavit of freedom to marry, translations, and legalisation of said documents by the Consular section of the MFA?

3. On what basis will your girlfriend apply for a Non Imm O. Unless 50 years of age and proof of the equivalent of 800K THB in a bank account, Health Insurance, certificate of criminal record ........... it ain't happening!

4. You appear to be jumping into the frying pan without previous research.