Samui’s Honorary Consul for the British Embassy retires after twelve and a half years

webfact

Samui’s Honorary Consul for the British Embassy retires after twelve and a half years

SAMUI:-- Dave Covey, the Honorary Consul for the British Embassy has resigned from his post on Koh Samui after twelve and a half years’ service.

Mr Covey, a former Warrant Officer with the British Army, publicly announced his retirement at the monthly ex British forces meeting at the Red Lion in Lamai on August 2nd. He served his last day of duty on 22nd of July after giving a months notice.

Dave, who is much appreciated for his excellent service, intends to enjoy his retirement on Samui with his wife Mook and their two sons.

It is expected that the British Embassy will advertise the now vacant post in due course.

Source: http://www.samuitimes.com/samuis-honorary-consul-for-the-british-embassy-retires-after-twelve-and-a-half-years/

samuitimes_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Samui Times 2016-08-04

Dave has done a fantastic job on Samui, and very ably support by Mook.  I hope the embassy are reading Thai Visa and will seek to make sure that Dave is recognised in someway for his invaluable service to the British Community for such a long time.  I know that many Brit Ex-Pats and visiting bereaved Families from the UK, are very grateful for the kind, considerate and supporting way he has helped those in need.  Additionally, he has been the main stay in organising the very successful Remembrance Day Service we have each year.  On behalf of the bereaved Families and Ex-Pats on the Island, thank you very much indeed and have a wonderful retirement on this beautiful Island.:wai:

10 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Dave has done a fantastic job on Samui, and very ably support by Mook.  I hope the embassy are reading Thai Visa and will seek to make sure that Dave is recognised in someway for his invaluable service to the British Community for such a long time.  I know that many Brit Ex-Pats and visiting bereaved Families from the UK, are very grateful for the kind, considerate and supporting way he has helped those in need.  Additionally, he has been the main stay in organising the very successful Remembrance Day Service we have each year.  On behalf of the bereaved Families and Ex-Pats on the Island, thank you very much indeed and have a wonderful retirement on this beautiful Island.:wai:

Totally agree! Great job Dave ! 

Archived