HOMEPRO Work And Price By M2 ...

Mamasun

Hi,

yesterday i was in Homepro...asking for the price  to renew a small barhroom ..taking the "old" tiles and put some nicer...its about 2m x 2 m, and about 2 m hight tiles

i have already all pvc and others things install (toilet ect)

well i was in shock and still been.......when they comeback with an estimation ONLY for work at 2000 bahts the m2 :(

i went to see the boss who blabla bla tell me its the price for homepro work at it is so good, so wonderful ect ect and guarantie : LOLLLL : 6 months !!!!!

GLUP it make the work only ; at 42000 bahts for this small bathroom and with tiles at about 60000 bahts !!!

they want to charge me 6000 bahts for PVC only...that they cannot explain correctly why how !!!

I am on my knees because here , doesn't have any good one :(

any of you has experience Homepro work before ???

Your tiles & all accessories come to 18k right  ?

IMO 2 men recommended by people local to you to strip and clean surface...2 days.

Assuming your tiles will finish at a existing ceiling level.

Floor area and walls including cuts & grout finish l'd say 3 days - 2 men.

500 baht per day labour 10 man days.........5000 + 18000 = 23000.

I would say they are extortionate not expensive. :D

I just phoned with Homepro Phuket.....that a nice Lady tell me : 400 to 500 Bahts per m2 all work include !!!

I just don't understand why  "my" homepro ..want to charge me so much !!!! the actual Boss of this Homepro...told me He was before in Surat Thani and they charge as much as 2000 bahts the m2

that is is NOT to believe !!!

I spend 5 hours yesterday to choice tiles...ect ect buying things there...grrrr for nothing...even miss my bus...return home !!!

More expensive thta the sultanat of Brunei....putting gold on floor .......I just want to put ceramic..loll !!!

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I am NOT in Bangkok but in the south Thailand near Nakhon si Thammarat !!! where people dream and ask more than workers in others province...!..and are NOT able to do a correct work....and NOT accept a job less than 10000 bahts !!

Why I am so struggle and .....don't know anymore where or who to  pray ?

after 4 years builging and have redone and redone and redone things ..änd pay and cry and pay again...and battle stress like never...due to incompetence and  no trust to this workers around....waiting sometimes 6 weeks or( even never come  ) for them...liars..not polite....making me waiting hours ..days for them ithout any information ect ect

my shoes are full !! and my house NOT finish !!!

PS : and its the same here for Thai people too.....but for them is : mai pen rai.....

No ! never tried...even don't know if we have some here !!!

BUT yesterday..i spoke with Homepro SURAT THANI manager...and she was very kind...I don't have speak nothing about the other homepro....! asking only for how much for the work !!

after 10 mn a man has call me back..telling me he can do the work for around 300 bahts the m2 !!!!! 

well ....let see next week...i will go there (with the bus)..buy the tiles (take the risk ) and let him have a look at my bathroom !!!

if its true and can do....will be an enorme difference with the other at 2000 bahts m2 ...GLUP

I willl ask once i am in Surat if they have a Global house somewhere !!! thanks

Yeah OK l was a bit confused as to your squared measurements 2 m x 2 m walls = 4 sq m x 4 = 16 sq m.  door & window say minus 2 sq m = 14 sq m + 2 m x 2 m floor = 18 sq m.

One of our shower rooms is same size as yours and that's how it was worked & ordered on. :)

Also the floor?  In any case, the tiling quote should be separate from any plumbing (PVC, traps, faucets, toilets, shower, etc.) required.  In my village, we have a few guys/gals that are excellent tilers and will work for 4-500B/day.  A bath that size shouldn't take more than 3-4 days - less if "simple".

Edit:  If you are buying the tiles and got it right, then it really shouldn't be difficult to find skilled labor outside of the "Home" places to put it in.  

Edited by bankruatsteve

On 04/08/2016 at 2:54 PM, Mamasun said:

I just phoned with Homepro Phuket.....that a nice Lady tell me : 400 to 500 Bahts per m2 all work include !!!

I just don't understand why  "my" homepro ..want to charge me so much !!!! the actual Boss of this Homepro...told me He was before in Surat Thani and they charge as much as 2000 bahts the m2

The odds are that your HomePro manager has come to an arrangement with whoever does the work to overcharge farangs massively and receive a huge commission as a result. This sort of thing seems to happen a lot here: there's always someone trying to bump up prices and cream off some commission for doing nothing.

17 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah OK l was a bit confused as to your squared measurements 2 m x 2 m walls = 4 sq m x 4 = 16 sq m.  door & window say minus 2 sq m = 14 sq m + 2 m x 2 m floor = 18 sq m.

One of our shower rooms is same size as yours and that's how it was worked & ordered on. :)

the floor is only 2,10 m x 2,20 m ....but the total of wall surface and ground is about 20 m2 !!! they wanted to charge 2000 Bahts the M2.....only for the work !!!!!