19 Year-Old British Backpacker Recuperating after Fall from Mae Wang Waterfall in Kamphaeng Phet, Province

webfact

Whilst I have some sympathy for the girl, as she was seriously injured, as a Brit I cringe when reading the full article and read her quotes. She wants to blame everyone but herself when it was her own actions that caused her injuries. <deleted> she is 19 not 9. She is legally an adult in the UK and is old enough to drink, smoke, drive, get married, have sex, but obviously not take responsibility for her own actions.

Sadly the UK is becoming a litigious society like the US.

I also fell from a slippery waterfall and only blame myself for it.

I could blame the Thai because it was on Samui and there was no place to swim in the waterfall. 

If they just changed their waterfalls and make them easy to swim the problem would be over. All tourists who visit a waterfall want to swim if it's easy.

On 08/05/2016 at 6:30 AM, simon43 said:

Duh...

'Don't put your hand in a fire'

'Don't stick your fingers in electric plug sockets'

'Don't drink and drive'

'Don't screw without a condom'

etc etc etc

Does this young woman even know what 'common sense' is?

The company being sued is not at all worried. They can counter sue her parents...

13 hours ago, Thian said:

I also fell from a slippery waterfall and only blame myself for it.

I could blame the Thai because it was on Samui and there was no place to swim in the waterfall. 

If they just changed their waterfalls and make them easy to swim the problem would be over. All tourists who visit a waterfall want to swim if it's easy.

I might had heard a few whispers that Samui is surrounded by the sea. Is that true?