Divorce For A Thai Lady

ltdknowledge

I made a post earlier asking if the was any sort of legal aid in Thailand with regards to help with a divorce.

My girlfriend and i are going to pay for our friend to get a solitor to divorce her husband who is in the UK. They parted while in the UK but her husband wouldn't let them stay despite having a 2 year old son. He has not been in contact with them for well over a year, and he has not contributed in anyway towards the childs welfare. She wants to get her son into school but she is under the impression that she cannot school him unless her husband gives her a divorce, or he comes to Thailand to sign him into school. Is this correct?

She doesn't want anything from him fanacially but he made it clear when they parted that he would not make it easy for her. So much for caring about the child. Anyway she had to leave because her visa ran out and the help she received in the UK was no excistent.

To my question. Can anyone recommend a solicor that would deal with an oversea's case as for as divorce goes, and is it true that she cannot put her now 3 year old son into schooling without the fathers permition or a divorce.

This man has showed no interest in is son whatsoever so i think she may be in for a long haul.

I forgot to mention. They were married in Thailand and not the UK.

Any suggestion appreciated

He has not been in contact with them for well over a year, and he has not contributed in anyway towards the childs welfare. She wants to get her son into school but she is under the impression that she cannot school him unless her husband gives her a divorce, or he comes to Thailand to sign him into school. Is this correct?

NO

To my question. Can anyone recommend a solicitor that would deal with an oversea's case as for as divorce goes.

YES, E-mail me or send me a private message and I'll put you in touch with someone reliable

I forgot to mention. They were married in Thailand and not the UK.

In that case, under Thai divorce law she can file for divorce by herself at the Amphur under "Abandonment" without the need for her husband to be involved at all

Edited by Casanundra