SETV from Colombo, Sri Lanka

The last info I read about getting a visa there was that they only do visas for citizens and residents of Sri Lanka.

Looking at the checklist for a tourist visa almost everything required is for a person living there. You can find the checklist here: http://www.thaiembassy.org/colombo/en/services/2113/65725-Checklist-forms-for-all-type-of-visa.html

I got a SETV last year in August 2015 on my Australian passport no dramas just make sure you have a copy of your bank statment I had US$ dollars on me to the equivalent to 80,000 LKR this did not suffice. It was a pain trying finding a place to get a copy there are no internet cafes in the area luckly my guest house was not far from the office. The embassy is small and gets very crowded mainly all males queuing for visas can be a bit uncomfortable for a female with the pushing and shoving.

• Like 1

Just an interim note, between my first visit and sunday they changed an have an internet appointment system.

You are put through a lot of questions, you don't have to put a Sri Lanka phone number(I used my Thai), passportnr or ID, just use your own info, don't have to complete the expat visa info, your next step Visa application and checklist, just ignore and follow thru and you will get a appointment chit by email. They also send you the Visa application and checklist again by email, you can download, fill out and bring it all to the Consulate and according to Mozambiq, you only need the first 6 items