New Thai tourism ambassador Mario Maurer invites Filipinos to Thailand

webfact

New tourism ambassador Mario Maurer invites Filipinos to Thailand

mm.jpg

Thai actor Mario Maurer. SCREENGRAB FROM INQ.net VID

MANILA: -- Thai superstar and new tourism ambassador Mario Maurer has invited his Filipino fans to visit his home country Thailand.

In a press event on Saturday, the Thai actor made his pitch on why Filipinos should visit Thailand.

“I will do my job to introduce Thailand to my Filipino fans. Thailand is a place where you have many beautiful destinations and a local experience and I will offer Thai hospitality to my Filipino fans,” Maurer said.

The actor, who has endeared himself to Filipino fans by starring in the 2012 film “Suddenly It’s Magic,” said that Thailand can be the go-to destination of Filipinos all-year round.

Full story: http://entertainment.inquirer.net/198819/new-tourism-ambassador-mario-maurer-invites-filipinos-to-visit-thailand

-- INQUIRER 2016-08-08

Yes come to Thailand and try to find all the beautiful beaches photos of which are used by Thai tourism to advertise.

If you want to see these beautiful beaches best stay at home because that's where the photos were taken. 

This is a completely wasted effort on the actors part. Although I am certain that many pinay and pinoy would love to visit Thailand, I am also just as certain that no matter how hard they tried, they would get refused from boarding the planes. Phills rarely allows their citizens to travel solely for the purpose of tourism. When they do, it comes with a high priced payout to their own immigration office. Unless things have changed in the past year, which I doubt. 

Those that do manage to get out of phills, try to stay out. 

This guy must have been living under a rock all those years, many hundreds of thousand

of Filipinos are living, working and visiting Thailand for many years now, and who's not here yet

can't afford the airfares, amazing how " ambassadors " knows nothing of what they suppose

to know......

Is it the cynic in me that sees this as nothing more than Thais latching onto something because of their delusional belief in all things Thai?  

I mean, let's start off with the Thai habit of calling anybody a superstar.  They can't just be a celebrity or star, they're super stars.  All of them. 

Next, the guy was in one film that played well to the Filipino audience.  Hey, if he's well known in the Philipines then maybe I'm wrong but I just have this nagging doubt that says Thais think that he's a much bigger star in the Philippines than he actually is.  

Much like Thais assumed Tata Young was world famous because she was half farang.  Could you imagine if they named her a tourism ambassador?  Most people would be like, huh?  

Went last month to Savannaket and had a couple of Filipinos in front of me. They all had a tourist visa from Laos and made no secret out of it that they were teaching English at schools around Bangkok. BTW Their were all in their 20's.

2 hours ago, arrowsdawdle said:

This guy doesn't even shave yet. His fans must be in grade school, how are they supposed to get to Thailand? 

On fishing trawlers?

In their dreams,  same as those who appointed  this "super star" as an ambassador.

On 08/08/2016 at 7:38 AM, thesetat2013 said:

This is a completely wasted effort on the actors part. Although I am certain that many pinay and pinoy would love to visit Thailand, I am also just as certain that no matter how hard they tried, they would get refused from boarding the planes. Phills rarely allows their citizens to travel solely for the purpose of tourism. When they do, it comes with a high priced payout to their own immigration office. Unless things have changed in the past year, which I doubt. 

Those that do manage to get out of phills, try to stay out. 

I can state that you are incorrect regarding the local immigration response to the desire to be a tourist. 

Yes,  there is a healthy departure tax and if you are with a foreigner there is an interview related to human trafficking but if you tick all the boxes,  no problem. 

Did Mario manage to tell all his PH fans that if they do manage to come to Thailand, soon under the government's plan, if they want to use a mobile phone in Thailand, they'll have to buy a special foreigner SIM card that will allow the Thai police to track them wherever they may go?

Because, after all, they're foreigners, and like the rest of us, apparently are considered would-be criminals by the local authorities.

Any Philippinos wanting to visit Thailand only come to work and then rarely given work permits so they work illegally. They are then treated badly by the Thais for taking their jobs. Unlikely the Thai people generally welcome them. They don't bring money to spend only to work and send money home, like the rest of the people in the surrounding southeast Asian countries.

Indeed it is desperate again to try to get Philippinos to come as they don't bring money. What a joke!