90 day report after recent re-entry from uk

8 minutes ago, LNKDES1 said:

Leaving the Kingdom Sept 7 to visit my family in the U.S. Do I check out at the a/p or with local Immigration? Is there a fee upon departure or on my return? Thx

You do not need to check in with anybody before leaving the country and there is no fee.

If you have a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country due when leaving the country after the 90th day you would need to do  the report.

If you are on an extension of stay you need a re-entry permit to keep it valid when your return to the country.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not need to check in with anybody before leaving the country and there is no fee.

If you have a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country due when leaving the country after the 90th day you would need to do  the report.

If you are on an extension of stay you need a re-entry permit to keep it valid when your return to the country.

Thx ubonjoe for the reply. I guess that was my question. Where do I get my re-entry permit, the a/p or local Immi?

38 minutes ago, LNKDES1 said:

Thx ubonjoe for the reply. I guess that was my question. Where do I get my re-entry permit, the a/p or local Immi?

You can get a re-entry permit at either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country or at you local immigration office.

A single re-entry permit costs 1000 baht and a multiple 3800 baht.

hi i am in England at the moment my retirement visa is about to run out I will not be returning till it has run out. what would be the best thing to do? will I have to make a new one when I return? should I get a 60 day tourist visa or get a 30 day when I enter?

thanks

44 minutes ago, chris1010 said:

hi i am in England at the moment my retirement visa is about to run out I will not be returning till it has run out. what would be the best thing to do? will I have to make a new one when I return? should I get a 60 day tourist visa or get a 30 day when I enter?

thanks

If you are 65 or over and getting a old age pension you could get a single entry non-o visa  (embassy in UK rule).

If not getting a single entry tourist visa would be best since the 60 day entry from it would allow more time get a non-o visa entry and with visa exempt you might need a ticket out of the country within 30 days to board your flight.

To apply for a conversion to a 90 day non immigrant visa (class O) you must have at least 15 days remaining on your entry to app ply at an immigration office. Note that not all offices can do the conversion.

Yes people have had the problem and had to rush to buy a ticket to board their flight. Some have been forced to buy a unneeded return ticket when all that is needed is a onward ticket. If you don't want to get a tourist visa then the best option is to buy a low cost one way ticket to a nearby country.

• Like 1

I have a similar situation. I had a non B visa and got an extension of stay based on retirement. B visa is no longer good. Arrived from US yesterday and was supposed to report on Aug 7. Am I also ok for 90 days? When you have an extension is a visa no longer necessary? Thanks.

11 hours ago, Gtto said:

I have a similar situation. I had a non B visa and got an extension of stay based on retirement. B visa is no longer good. Arrived from US yesterday and was supposed to report on Aug 7. Am I also ok for 90 days? When you have an extension is a visa no longer necessary? Thanks.

Unless you have stayed in the country for 90 consecutive days you do not need to do a a report of staying in the country for longer than 90 days. It does not matter what type of visa or extension you have,

Your report will be due 90 days from the date you enter the country including that day in the count.

On 8/10/2016 at 7:25 AM, ubonjoe said:

Yes people have had the problem and had to rush to buy a ticket to board their flight. Some have been forced to buy a unneeded return ticket when all that is needed is a onward ticket. If you don't want to get a tourist visa then the best option is to buy a low cost one way ticket to a nearby country.

@chris1010 - if you were minded to opt for the standard 30-day stamp I would strongly recommend that you book an onward flight to Vientiane or Penang within this period, since it is possible for you to apply for a single-entry non-O visa by virtue of being aged 50 or over at the relevant Thai embassy/consulate in either of these places (which, as well documented on here, are the preferred destinations of choice in this part of the world for those seeking such visas). You can then apply for an annual extension in the normal way at your local immigration office within 30 days (or 45 days at certain larger offices) of the permission of stay granted under this visa expiring.

In this way you would avoid purchasing an air ticket which would then be wasted, as well as enduring the cumbersome non-O visa conversion process referred to by ubonjoe!

Edited by OJAS

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless you have stayed in the country for 90 consecutive days you do not need to do a a report of staying in the country for longer than 90 days. It does not matter what type of visa or extension you have,

Your report will be due 90 days from the date you enter the country including that day in the count.

Thanks Ubonjoe!

On August 9, 2016 at 11:15 AM, ubonjoe said:

Joe:

The 90 day report can be done within 97 days without penalty, correct?

If that is correct, is it possible to fly out within 97 days without making the 90 day report and without penalty?

I have a flight scheduled on day 91 and do not want problems at the airport but do not want to unnecessarily make another report.

Thank you very much.

20 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Joe:

The 90 day report can be done within 97 days without penalty, correct?

If that is correct, is it possible to fly out within 97 days without making the 90 day report and without penalty?

I have a flight scheduled on day 91 and do not want problems at the airport but do not want to unnecessarily make another report.

Thank you very much.

The report is due on the 90th day. The 7 days after is to do the report and that includes the report date in the count. Leaving the country is not equal to doing a report.

Immigration on departure from the country are not interested in 90 day reporting. If you don't do the report before leaving the only problem that can occur is when you do your next report would be if they notice you failed to the report. If they noticed you could be fined 2000 baht.

• 4 months later...