Thais urged to request Visa prior to visiting China

Thais urged to request Visa prior to visiting China

ch.jpg

BANGKOK, 8 August 2016 (NNT) – The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has alerted Thais heading to China to secure themselves a visa before their departure, as the Immigration Bureau in China now no longer provides a Visa on Arrival service for Thais. 

Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Sek Wannamethee said that the Immigration Bureau in Shenzhen, China has stopped providing a Visa on Arrival for citizens from 12 countries, and Thailand is one of them. 

Prior to the change, Thais were able to ask for a Visa on Arrival. However, on Saturday evening (August 6, 2016) the Royal Thai Embassy in Beijing and the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Guangzhou, were notified by Thai tourists that they were not permitted to apply for a Visa on Arrival. 

However, Chinese authorities have not yet officially announced the change. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand has now advised all Thais planning to visit China to ensure their eligibility and receive their visa from the Embassy or the Consulate-General of The People's Republic of China prior to their departure from Thailand.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-08-08

And this is the thank you the Chinese recuperate with, not only half of China has been

to BKK, major Thai  mega projects are in Chinese hands, the country is virtually a lackey

of China and now the snub and a finger to the Thai traveling public,

on the other hand, maybe the Thais will feel how to queue for visas like us foreigners do.....

• Like 2

Could this be in response to the idiotic rules about foreign vehicles driving into Thailand

I don't know why the rest of the ASEAN countries don't tell China to sling their hook, as all they seem to do is abuse and bully the other smaller countries.

There's a couple of big countries like doing that to smaller less powerful ones! 

4 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Travelling Thais should vote with their feet and go to Singapore instead. It is nice for them to feel a bit of visa pain though. :)

Somehow the term Singapore Food; doesn't sound the same as Chinese Food. Although both countries can cook up a

mean pot of Boiled Soi Dogs.

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, the rules on foreign vehicles entering were done to prevent carnage, traffic congestion and safeguard both tourists and local road users. China has maintained strict rules on the entry of Thai vehicles for years, why shouldn't Thailand be allowed to do the same?

Only 0.5% of Chinese entering Thailand came by car before the new regulations were put into effect.

I have my doubts that Thais have ever been able to apply for a visa on arrival though - except for the special 3 or 6 day transit visas at the airport if in possession of an onward air ticket.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:14 AM, Caps said:

Could this be in response to the idiotic rules about foreign vehicles driving into Thailand

I don't know why the rest of the ASEAN countries don't tell China to sling their hook, as all they seem to do is abuse and bully the other smaller countries.

There's a couple of big countries like doing that to smaller less powerful ones! 

Nah, the rules on foreign vehicles entering were done to prevent carnage, traffic congestion and safeguard both tourists and local road users. China has maintained strict rules on the entry of Thai vehicles for years, why shouldn't Thailand be allowed to do the same?

Only 0.5% of Chinese entering Thailand came by car before the new regulations were put into effect.

I have my doubts that Thais have ever been able to apply for a visa on arrival though - except for the special 3 or 6 day transit visas at the airport if in possession of an onward air ticket.