Sex Education to be launched nationwide in Thai schools to curb teen pregnancy

webfact

Sex Education to be launched nationwide in Thai schools to curb teen pregnancy

By Coconuts Bangkok

unnamed_13.jpg

Photo: theAsianparent Thailand/Google Plus

BANGKOK: -- As part of a nationwide initiative, sex education will be provided to Thai students as part of a program to reduce the number of teenage mothers.

The program, following the Prevention and Solution of the Adolescent Pregnancy Problem Act to be enforced next month, aims to provide both teachers and students with sex education and pregnancy rights.

The Act also aims to ensure that every female student has equal rights to study whether they are pregnant or not.

According to the Ministry of Education’s Permanent Secretary Kamchorn Tatiyakawee, teen mothers futures must not be restricted or defined by pregnancy.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/08/08/sex-education-be-launched-nationwide-thai-schools-curb-teen-pregnancy

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-08-08

And now I'm waiting for those in the villages drunk on superior moral and Thai culture storming the barricades saying: who needs sex education when we marry our kids at the age of 14 or below?

Their usual explanation, once the kids learned how to do it, the wanna do it all the time does not work, as we all know from math, science and physics classes provided in this country.

I seem to recall some level test years back where question was along lines of "you feel horny and want to have sex. What should you do?" Correct answer was "go play basketball".

" The Act also aims to ensure that every female student has equal rights to study whether they are pregnant or not. " This is a good step. Do wonder about loss of face etc, however.

....50 years behind......

....and the solution is drugs with their slew of problems and side effects....???

...that will not stop the spread of disease....

....I guess that 'abstinence' is out of the question.....

....a special kind of Buddhism.....

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

And now I'm waiting for those in the villages drunk on superior moral and Thai culture storming the barricades saying: who needs sex education when we marry our kids at the age of 14 or below?

Their usual explanation, once the kids learned how to do it, the wanna do it all the time does not work, as we all know from math, science and physics classes provided in this country.

WHAT  ????

46 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

....50 years behind......

....and the solution is drugs with their slew of problems and side effects....???

...that will not stop the spread of disease....

....I guess that 'abstinence' is out of the question.....

....a special kind of Buddhism.....

AGAIN WHAT ????

Well, I hope they're better quality than the ones I got as a kid in the UK. I mostly recall horrible photos of people suffering from STDs, and the teacher saying women didn't get pleasure from sex, they did it out of love for the man.

Well, I hope they're better quality than the ones I got as a kid in the UK. I mostly recall horrible photos of people suffering from STDs, and the teacher saying women didn't get pleasure from sex, they did it out of love for the man.

Everything in my life has changed a lot ever since my teen girlfriend got pregnant... .......My name,......my  mobile  number, ........living address,  Face book...etc.................:coffee1:

The kids got a year long sex ed class from the elderly male gym instructor at a tech college I used to work at.

It consisted of lots of jokes about swinging and flying kites. The kids had a textbook and homework consisted of copying pictures of internal organs to a piece of paper.

We had the Jonny in the boiling tube lesson, but at least we learnt something.

Edited by recom273

What nonsense! They've been flogging this dead horse for over 20 years! The teachers have no idea about sex in general and definately nothing about the sublties of teenage sex! In this country if a woman has more than one sex act a month she's considered "loose"! Schoolgirls are so inhibited that it is the pressure from the "boyfriend" that leads to the "first time" motel where the socalled "plumbing" (date rape) occurs!

Much better just to put condom machines in the girls toilets in High School, the problem will then take care of itself!! IMHO  :thumbsup::wai:

2 hours ago, Emster23 said:

I seem to recall some level test years back where question was along lines of "you feel horny and want to have sex. What should you do?" Correct answer was "go play basketball".

" The Act also aims to ensure that every female student has equal rights to study whether they are pregnant or not. " This is a good step. Do wonder about loss of face etc, however.

The real answer should have been handball.

The Act also aims to ensure that every female student has equal rights to study whether they are pregnant or not.

I would have thought it would be blindingly obvious after a few months. 

Seriously, see how confusing English can be when a comma is missed out of a sentence?

7 hours ago, Chapelroad said:

2016 ! A bit late to start educating them.

I disagree.......... Never too Late............ go ahead.....Start NOW.............

I mentioned exactly this in a topic I replied to recently, less than a week ago and I am so pleased to hear that the idea is finally happening...................

Hey Chapelroad, listen to me and take a moment to think...... Think........ It's NEVER too late to start into the 'right direction'.............

It is late for some who I know personally (and had babies with teen boys who are 'long gone' and forced financially into the Thai 'sex industry') but all of them would join me in saying "teach all the young moms who don't know they are going to be moms"

Last week I posted wondering when Thailand would start to educate these young girls (and young boys), when the NEW Thai Tourism Minister 'coined' a new 'Phrase' about "No Sex Please, We Are THAI"

Why won't she face facts and be real and advocate teaching 'young Thais' about 'safe sex' and 'sex makes babies' when it is not 'safe sex'

I will await your reply.......Chapelroad................

5 hours ago, nausea said:

But that kinda sums up what the women folk get here from their Thai husband's ... STDs and noooo satisfaction. Wee Willy Wonker.

Take a breath, read a good book on the topic, and learn something about S E X. Then go get some practise. Best way to learn. Just get the basics covered my dear ... use that polymer bag.

3 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

I disagree.......... Never too Late............ go ahead.....Start NOW.............

I mentioned exactly this in a topic I replied to recently, less than a week ago and I am so pleased to hear that the idea is finally happening...................

Hey Chapelroad, listen to me and take a moment to think...... Think........ It's NEVER too late to start into the 'right direction'.............

It is late for some who I know personally (and had babies with teen boys who are 'long gone' and forced financially into the Thai 'sex industry') but all of them would join me in saying "teach all the young moms who don't know they are going to be moms"

Last week I posted wondering when Thailand would start to educate these young girls (and young boys), when the NEW Thai Tourism Minister 'coined' a new 'Phrase' about "No Sex Please, We Are THAI"

Why won't she face facts and be real and advocate teaching 'young Thais' about 'safe sex' and 'sex makes babies' when it is not 'safe sex'

I will await your reply.......Chapelroad................

You can teach them all you like, but most are not going to listen.

Do you not think parents should play a part in educating their kids about it ?

I know girls that went to work in factories when they had kids early, they were certainly not forced into the sex industry.

4 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Everything in my life has changed a lot ever since my teen girlfriend got pregnant... .......My name,......my  mobile  number, ........living address,  Face book...etc.................:coffee1:

Are you a young Thai Guy?