Non-o Visa Extension And Resident Permit Application

Hi All,

I have been reading quite a lot now in this forum about Non-O visas, etc, etc. but I don't seem to find anyone in any thread that have the same situation or purpose as me.

My questions are:

1. I'm currently holding a Non-O visa (1 year multiple) and I'm planning to extend it in Malaysia (as I currently work here now), can I do this or should I go back to Thailand to process this? I have all the required documents like Bank accounts, Marriage and Birth certificates, etc.

2. If I will extend my Non-O in 3 years consecutive, will I be able to apply for a Resident permit after that? I don't work in Thailand at the moment and maybe will not go back to work in Thailand for the next 2 years to come.

3. Considering that I don't work in Thailand, can I qualify with the 40K/month salary? Even my salary is from abroad? I'm sending over 100,000 Baht to my wife's Bank account every month, can we use this Bank account to show our family income?

4. I know I need to have a tax papers (when applying for PR) in Thailand so can I pay income tax (annual) even if I do not work there? How much tax do I have to pay if I'm jobless in Thailand (my job is in Malaysia)?

I was working in Thailand in the past 10 years (Non-B visa) and I met my wife there and now have a family. For career reason, I have to move to Malaysia to grab a very good opportunity and to make more money for the family (which makes sense). But of course, I still want to have a Resident permit since my family are Thai citizens and I'm planning to (of course) live with them ( a normal life) on my long term plan. Maybe go back to work in Thailand or have a small business when the time comes.

Thanks in advance for answers. :o

ciao,

thai_narak

Edited by thai_narak

Applying for a new visa each year in Malaysia does not qualify you on the PR route.

You must have a continuous visa, with extensions in Thailand for at least 3 years.

You will also need a good solid tax record in Thailand.

Applying for a new visa each year in Malaysia does not qualify you on the PR route.

You must have a continuous visa, with extensions in Thailand for at least 3 years.

You will also need a good solid tax record in Thailand.

Can I then extend my Non-O visa inside Thailand and pay taxes as well to qualify?

Perhaps my questions are not clear on my 1st post so I would like to simplify to get some answers. So here are the questions once more:

I'm currently working in Malaysia and have a non-O visa to Thailand since I have a Thai wife and a son. My non-O visa is multiple entry for 1 year and was issued in KL. What I want to do now is to extend this non-O visa in bangkok (suan plu) which I think is possible as I read from other threads (or not?) since I always go home to bangkok (almost every month) to visit my family. So the plan is, when my non-O is nearly expire (15-30 days before expiry) I will go to immigration office and extend my non-O with all the required documentation. Is this possible???

My next question is, as I'm also interested to get a resident permit. Can I then qualify for the PR using my 3 years consecutive extension of my non-O eventhough I'm not working in Thailand? Can I show that the income of my family is my remittances from Malaysia reflected in my bank account and my wife's bank account? For tax requirements, I will pay tax eventhough I'm not working in Thailand. Is this possible???

Thanks again for your answers...

Edited by thai_narak