Persistent Skin Rash

Seismic

I have developed a persistent Itchy Skin rash which seems to get worse as the day goes on. initially on my legs and upper hands/forearms it is now on my back buttocks, thighs and lower chest areas.

I have visited a dermatologist three times at Samitivej and each time they have given me Anti-Histamine tablets and Aristocort cream and told I have an allergy.

I have never had allergies before but took the precaution of changing washing powder, soaps etc just in case. The medicine slightly alleviates the symptoms but only for a short while and then it breaks out

again. Anyone have a recommendation for a good dermatologist who knows his job, I get the feeling that the ones I am seeing are only used to treating acne on 'pretties'.

regards

Fred

I get something similar to that, mostly in the under arm and groin area. It's an itchy sweat rash that spreads, no matter what I do. It first started many years ago when I was jogging around London and it comes back every now and then, particularly when training a lot or subject to stress. By the sound of it you have something similar.

The solution is a cream called "Canesten", drug name Klotrimazol. You can buy it at any chemist, either off the shelf or with the assistance of the pharmacist. Buy a small tube and try it for a few days. I'm guessing of course, but I reckon it will solve the problem.

• Like 1

funny, i thought i was alone on this one.

i am using 'Kela' creme, made by 'T.O. Chemicals (1979) LTD' , it contains 0.1g/100g of 'Triamcinolone Acetonide', and while it stings a bit it helps.

i also noted that being in air - conditioned environments (Lotus Tesco) for prolonged periods of time (much to the delight of my wife!!!) does away with the symptoms. and after the days i cook 'farang' food i am a lot better, too.

do you eat spicy food? it sweats out and can irritate your skin - just like your b-hole.

Depends what it really is. I had a fungal rash for a year on my legs near my groin which I thought was heat related. It eventually got worse and went to my butt. You can see pictures of this on the net, not mine of course. Well, finally I got a doctor who gave me a good or the right cream that got rid of it over night. What a hassle it was but it went away so so fast with the right stuff. The drug I got was Ninazol in tubes which is Ketoconzanole 20 mg. It's similar to the one mentioned above by Alex but for whatever reason this one did the trick. It's also made by T.O. Chemicals.

nin.jpg

Edited by Alive

Not sure what to say. You can get that rash in the front where you have it from heat. There's something in Thailand called 'rorn nai' as well where you might get a rash as well. It mostly affects the throat and mouth due to a lack of water. Eventually you get a sore throat. Probably not what you have.

Some common skin rashes at this link....

http://www.mayoclinic.org/skin-rash/sls-20077087

One more possibility I know of is a sun rash. It's from too much exposure to the sun and only some people get it. If it's not bad it might look like what you have there but if you stay in the sun longer those will form white caps and matt together. I got that when I was a teen but nowadays I don't get it because I don't spend as much time outside. The term for that is polymorphous light eruption. Usually it starts on the arms or upper legs and below the chest. It can spread to places like below the eyes.

Some pictures of that here:

Sun rash (Polymorphous light eruption)

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=sun+rash&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwijnbmt4rbOAhXBt48KHfpgC9EQ_AUICCgB&biw=1366&bih=608

Looks like Tinea - a fungal infection.

Usually lives on the bits of you that get sweaty and stay moist.

Very hard to shift, treatment can take 2 months, but you keep getting reinfected from the fungus spores in your clothing.

Edited by MissAndry
  • Like 1

Increased humidity resulting from higher temps., looks and sounds about right. Try using talcom powder after showers and a couple of times per day to dry the excess moisture, locals may look slightly odd when they cover themselves with the stuff but the reason for it is good.

• Like 1

It looks exactly like the problem that I get from time to time. See my post above ... Canesten cream will get rid of it. It will not go away with soap and water or talcum powder. From my experience it only spreads and becomes more irritating.

Anyway, it won't cost you much to find out, so worth a try.

2 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Increased humidity resulting from higher temps., looks and sounds about right. Try using talcom powder after showers and a couple of times per day to dry the excess moisture, locals may look slightly odd when they cover themselves with the stuff but the reason for it is good.

Interesting thing is I didnt get this problem until late may when the temps were coming down again.

2 minutes ago, Seismic said:

Interesting thing is I didnt get this problem until late may when the temps were coming down again.

You do understand it's often a STD?

Also spread in gyms and health spas ........ poorly washed shared/rented towels are another cause of spread.

Edited by MissAndry

On 10/08/2016 at 9:17 PM, MissAndry said:

You do understand it's often a STD?

Also spread in gyms and health spas ........ poorly washed shared/rented towels are another cause of spread.

Well, i dont visit health spa's. I have never heard of an STD being transmitted by towels, nor have i ever heard of an STD that only gives you a skin rash.

snake brand prickly heat powder, tried that ? :)

you've only tried oral antihistamines? and the  steroid topical,  try a few of the antifungals,  there are at least 2 ....... 

• 4 weeks later...

save your money as its your washing powder

the sodium lauryl sulphate SLS or any other form of it is in the soap powder

you get hot and your sweat sets up another chemical reaction

you need to get SLS free soap powder and body shower cream and toothpaste and any other personal product that you use daily

some of the baby soaps are SLS free but I am yet to find one

it will take several washes of your clothes and bedding / pillow cases to get rid of the poison SLS

SLS an irritant  and a carcinogen - but its still on the market - go figure

you are one of the unlucky ones to get a reaction - like me

but now you are warned

recently some of the ingredients for anti bacterial soap were banned and now lets hope they ban SLS and any other slight of hand form they use

• 1 year later...