Additional Requirement For Income Affidavit???

I went to Ayutthaya today to extend my permission to stay based on retirement.  I have been doing this for many years now without any problem.  However, today they told me my affidavit of monthly income, as issued by the US Embassy in Bangkok, had to have some kind of verification stamp on it and that stamp was only issued at the Immigration Office on Chaengwattana Road.  I have been reading this forum almost every day for many years now and have never seen any discussion about new requirements to the income affidavit.  Can someone fill me in on what is required?  Also, I've never been to the Immigration Office on Chaengwattana Road and, based on what I see with Google Maps, it looks overwhelming.  Can someone give me advise on where to go in that government complex and where is the best place to park, etc.?  I believe I can find the turn-off into the complex from Chaengwattana Road (next to the CAT Building) and can locate the building with the moat around it.  Based on the Immigration website maps, it looks like I must go to the SE corner of the building to get to Immigration, where I can get my income affidavit authenticated.  Any additional information and help would be very much appreciated.

The are wanting the signature of the consular officer that signed your income affidavit verified.

It is not done at immigration in Chaeng Wattana. It is done at the consular affairs department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs near the immigration office.

Department of Consular Affairs
ic-building.png 123 Chaengwattana Rd., Tungsonghong Laksi Bangkok 10212

Thanks for your help, ubonjoe.  If not for you, I probably would have spent a whole day wandering around inside the wrong building.  Is there anything special I need to bring along with the original of the signed affidavit?