Need to upgrade

Sooo Upto Me

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my Android Tv Box to Lollipop 5.1.

The 2 I've been looking at are the Himedia H8 Octa Core 64bit

2GB Ram,  16GB Rom

Or the M8S Amlogic Quad Core Cortex

2GB Ram,  8GB Rom

Both bout 3,000b, an support Kodi.

Is 8GB storage enough?

Any views on which is better performance & reliability will be appreciated.

I don't know the Hmedia H8, but I am happy about my M8S+ (It has to be the plus model to get Lollipop).

To get more memory, just put a SD card in it. Attached USB sticks also works good, but tends to get very warm.

One negative thing: the connection to the server for OTA (Over The Air) firmware update always fails. I've had it for two months. 

6 hours ago, lj cm said:

I don't know the Hmedia H8, but I am happy about my M8S+ (It has to be the plus model to get Lollipop).

To get more memory, just put a SD card in it. Attached USB sticks also works good, but tends to get very warm.

One negative thing: the connection to the server for OTA (Over The Air) firmware update always fails. I've had it for two months. 

Thx for the reply, yes after more research I've decided on the m8s super plus 2016 model. It's lollipop and supports kodi. An only 2,380b with Lazada.  Do you know if streaming live football on kodi is good? As I've never used Xbmc or Kodi before.

Also what do u mean by the connection to the server updates always fails? Thanks again.

I have found that with my internet connection (True ADSL 13Mbps/1Mbps) live tv  on Kodi is  not reliable. Depending on the channel and the time you can go 20 minutes or so without buffering, or buffer every 5 minutes.

Unless your internet or possibly your box (mine is only 1GB RAM, and I do notice that the same streams on my computer buffer  less than the box) is better you'll probably be very disappointed with live sport, which luckily I never watch.

Moreover all the various Kodi TV addons use basically the same set of restricted TV stream suppliers, filmon.tv, UKTVnow and so on, which you can just get on your PC anyway.

I found Kodi for live TV not much use, although as a source for films it's very good.

10 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Thx for the reply, yes after more research I've decided on the m8s super plus 2016 model. It's lollipop and supports kodi. An only 2,380b with Lazada.  Do you know if streaming live football on kodi is good? As I've never used Xbmc or Kodi before.

Also what do u mean by the connection to the server updates always fails? Thanks again.

I only use Kodi for videos. I have filmon.tv for online television. It works fine , but I don't use it so much.

If I try to do a Online Update for the system, it will say Checking... and then after about 5 seconds write Check failed! and nothing more happens.

The box is running Lollipop 5.1.1 and everything works fine, so I don't really need an update.

I'm happy if it works fine for a year and then get a new box with Marshmallow.

14 minutes ago, BKKdreaming said:

what happened to BBC World on filmon.tv ?

that website and a couple that use the filmon feed seemed to have dropped it , 

maybe because of the Olympics ?

Some BBC channels are being blocked until the olympics are over.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Yes BBC have blocked the Olympics on Film On Tv. Same as ITV blocked  the Euros at the knock out stages.

Archived