New rules for marriage Visa

7 hours ago, bark said:

We also spell two of your words with the letter z.  Please remember for future posts. Also it is USA, not US.

And I am not even American :)

Please keep calm and carry on. Pip Pip,

P.S. I love Winston Churchill. He stayed the world.

What was wrong with abbreviating the USA to US. It is often written that way and understood. It wasn't a reference to nationality but to a region/dialect.

'z' was part of the English language long before North America was colonized, and is still used by us Brits too.

4 hours ago, elviajero said:

That is another 'unofficial' website with wrong/misleading information. There are three errors in this quoted text alone!

1. There is no such thing as a "Marriage Visa".
  2. You must provide an original marriage certificate too.
  3. The funds only need to be in the bank for 2 months for the first and all subsequent applications.

Everyone will understand that the text emanating of the official Thailand immigration website is irrelevant and that only your allegations are to be considered.

6 minutes ago, happy Joe said:

Everyone will understand that the text emanating of the official Thailand immigration website is irrelevant and that only your allegations are to be considered.

http://www.thailand-immigration.org This website is not an official Thai immigration website. It is a commercial website set up by Siam Legal Lawyers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Psychic said:

That wasn't really the point. :-)

Under one set of conditions you need less money deposited in a bank than declared income.

In the other you need more money deposited.

Stop trying to put logic into the equation. Thai reasoning + logic = oxymoron. 

• Like 1

My friend was advised that the rules had changed in the last three weeks. He is Swedish and his English is not very good, hence my posting. The problem may have arisen with the drop in exchange rate of the Euro and immigration wanting to see more of a reserve in case of a future drop in exchange rate. He did manage to get a bank statement in his and his wife''s name showing 50,000 baht and took that to the new immigration office in Suphanburi. It appears to be open, but not yet fully functional. They phoned Bangkok to verify they had sighted the bank statement (and may have copied it to mail to Bangkok). Presumably all is well now. It appears at least in this case they allowed a combination of money in the bank and the income statement. Immigration official told him that when they investigated marriage visas they found a large number of cheats (something like 1 in 3), so they are expanding requirements to catch these. Ayuthaya immigration requirements include photos of both partners in the house with tv on, food on the table and in front of the house,  photo in the bedroom (you can keep your pants on), translation of the passport to Thai, and the house inspection at short notice . 

23 hours ago, bark said:

We also spell two of your words with the letter z.  Please remember for future posts. Also it is USA, not US.

And I am not even American :)

Please keep calm and carry on. Pip Pip,

P.S. I love Winston Churchill. He stayed the world.

get your own spelling right before you lecture others, mate. 'stayed' the world???

• Like 1

On 8/11/2016 at 3:17 PM, Suradit69 said:

It's either Baht 400,000 in the bank or Baht 40,000 a month. Baht 40,000 a month x 12 months =Baht 480,000. 

Dont know about US or UK  but in Australia there are 13 pay periods per annum.

Pensions are paid every 28 days.

1 hour ago, yieldman said:

My friend was advised that the rules had changed in the last three weeks. He is Swedish and his English is not very good, hence my posting. The problem may have arisen with the drop in exchange rate of the Euro and immigration wanting to see more of a reserve in case of a future drop in exchange rate. He did manage to get a bank statement in his and his wife''s name showing 50,000 baht and took that to the new immigration office in Suphanburi. It appears to be open, but not yet fully functional. They phoned Bangkok to verify they had sighted the bank statement (and may have copied it to mail to Bangkok). Presumably all is well now. It appears at least in this case they allowed a combination of money in the bank and the income statement. Immigration official told him that when they investigated marriage visas they found a large number of cheats (something like 1 in 3), so they are expanding requirements to catch these. Ayuthaya immigration requirements include photos of both partners in the house with tv on, food on the table and in front of the house,  photo in the bedroom (you can keep your pants on), translation of the passport to Thai, and the house inspection at short notice . 

There have been to changes to the financial requirement for an extension of stay based upon marriage..

As I have written before his 450k baht annual income did not meet the requirement of 480k baht (40k X 12).

They certainly made 2 exceptions to the rules. One being allowed to make up the shortage of income with money in the bank and the money being in his wife's name.

It would be interesting to know what his income is in Krona's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yieldman said:

If they'd cut out the bureaucratic nonsense maybe they'd be able to go after the "1 in3".

I doubt its that high since none of the people I know personally are even trying to cheat so it would leave a high number to make up that 33%.

They're welcome to come visit anytime they want, but doesn't that make almost all the paperwork redundant.

Maybe its about time they started screening. Live in the same house, married to the same spouse showing an continual annual income for that period and and you get some kind of expedited visa extension. Maybe even one for longer than one year. And the same people could forego the 90 day check up.

That would free HP a lot of manhours to to actually go after the people who are abusing the system.

Tis to wish :-)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ozzydom said:

Wrong, registered overseas pension recipients are paid every 28 days.

HMMM - I've been registered with Cenrelink as overseas for 8 years.

I receive my OAP every Fortnight - paid into my OZ bank account.

I believe the change to every 28 days can occur if you get paid directly to a foreign account?

1 hour ago, ozzydom said:

Wrong, registered overseas pension recipients are paid every 28 days.

Interesting. Centrelink are well aware I reside overseas & pay my pension into my Aussie bank account every 14 days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2016 at 8:32 AM, malt25 said:

Interesting. Centrelink are well aware I reside overseas & pay my pension into my Aussie bank account every 14 days.

Sorry Malt ,I should have elaborated,it is 28 days if paid into a foreign bank a/c

Centrelink pay all transfer costs ,the exchange rate in oz at the time of transmission prevails so there are no hidden charges or losses

53 minutes ago, ozzydom said:

Sorry Malt ,I should have elaborated,it is 28 days if paid into a foreign bank a/c

Centrelink pay all transfer costs ,the exchange rate in oz at the time of transmission prevails so there are no hidden charges or losses

I investigated this.

Centrelink uses CBA rates which are terrible c/f other online transfer services - maybe 2baht on the A$ plus their fees.