skipping the queue in Vientiane?

I read a topic about a week ago (but I can't find it) from someone who was able to skip the queue when applying for a visa in Vientiane. Since I hate waiting, what is the secret to this skipping?

Are people in the queue waiting for an application form while if you have downloaded it already, you can go into the fast lane?

I am not sure if it was me or not, but anyhow, i did not suggest you can avoid the queue in both Viwntianne an Savanakhr=et.

But what i did say was that if you look carefully near both those consulates of rmbessles you will find not far aaway people who will for a small fee  mske it much easier to fill out the gorms and get the photos and copies you need.

They will even  be people who will stand in the queue and "hold a place" for you while their "friends" help you with the forms, photos, and copies you may need.

Then they will let you join the queue wherer they were standing close to the beginning of the queue.

You will however, have to enter the conculste to give them the fillrd out forms yourself as they can not do this because they are known to the consulaate as "agents" and are not allowed inside.

These "helpers" can do only so much, so you have to do the rest yourself and you still must wait for the consulate to process your paperwork in the queue inside the conculate.

On such occasions it may help, to look old and feeble to get what you want accomplidhed.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
typos corrected
  • Like 1

If you don't go on a Monday or Thursday the days the visa run companies arrive then it should be quiet, even if you go on those days it only takes around 30 minutes to get through

I was their on Monday, when we went to place our applications in the tray the girl in front of me was told to go to the back of the queue as the staff thought she had pushed in line, I explained that she hadn't and everything was ok

Even if you get someone to "hold your place in the queue" you still have to hand over the application yourself so if you are spotted queue jumping then you could be sent to the back

There really is no need for a "helper" you can easily do everything yourself

PS there is no fast lane

Edited by darrendsd
  • Like 1

There was around 400 people there on Monday, I was near the back of the queue, I waited 20-30 minutes to get to the front, I would say if you arrived after 10 (but before 11)  on a Monday or Thursday you wouldn't be waiting as the visa run companies would be finished, any other days should be quiet anyway

• Like 1

I was there Monday. First, IGNORE EVERYBODY OUTSIDE THE FENCE.

My pictures from Bangkok immigration had a blue background. They require white. I also did not have a form yet.

I went inside the adjacent building for pictures (70 baht) and passport copies (10 baht). I had already picked up a blank form,  but they also had forms.

A gentleman asked me if I wanted my form filled out along with a stamp for 50 baht. Not sure exactly what that got me, I agreed. A lady filled out the form, attached the pictures and stamped it. He then led me directly to the table and she gave me the next number. I was there for 15 minutes.

I don't know a shortcut for the second day. I was number 162 and had my passport at around 2:30 (one hour wait).

The 50 baht was well worth it to me/\.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheProf said:

I was there Monday. First, IGNORE EVERYBODY OUTSIDE THE FENCE.

My pictures from Bangkok immigration had a blue background. They require white. I also did not have a form yet.

I went inside the adjacent building for pictures (70 baht) and passport copies (10 baht). I had already picked up a blank form,  but they also had forms.

A gentleman asked me if I wanted my form filled out along with a stamp for 50 baht. Not sure exactly what that got me, I agreed. A lady filled out the form, attached the pictures and stamped it. He then led me directly to the table and she gave me the next number. I was there for 15 minutes.

I don't know a shortcut for the second day. I was number 162 and had my passport at around 2:30 (one hour wait).

The 50 baht was well worth it to me/\.

Thats exactly what the OP was refering to.

The advantage of the ''filling form '' service is simple, not need to queue up and the helpers bring the form directly to the counter where your number for pick up passport next day is handled out. Defenetly worth 50 Baht!

In and out within less then 15 minutes ....

21 hours ago, darrendsd said:

If you don't go on a Monday or Thursday the days the visa run companies arrive then it should be quiet, even if you go on those days it only takes around 30 minutes to get through

I was their on Monday, when we went to place our applications in the tray the girl in front of me was told to go to the back of the queue as the staff thought she had pushed in line, I explained that she hadn't and everything was ok

Even if you get someone to "hold your place in the queue" you still have to hand over the application yourself so if you are spotted queue jumping then you could be sent to the back

There really is no need for a "helper" you can easily do everything yourself

PS there is no fast lane

WRONG!

47 minutes ago, TSF said:

Or pick up a visa from the Lao consulate in Khon Kaen and waltz straight through the FB immigration.

agg211, I do not know where you reside, but if it is Bankok, fly into Vientiane for fast Visa Processing at the Vientiane Airport.

Or, as TSF advised get your Lao Visa in Khon Khaen.  There are buses from both Khon Kaen and Udon Thani direct to Vientiane with an short stop at the border.  If you have a Visa in advance your stop at the border will be no more than between 20-30 minutes.  They want those big buses out of the border area quickly.  I'm not entirely sure passengers have to even get out of the bus at the border.  These buses are only for passengers who have gotten their visa's in advance.

The bus will then take you to the bus station in downtown Vientiane.

Edited by maxjay

7 hours ago, TSF said:

Or pick up a visa from the Lao consulate in Khon Kaen and waltz straight through the FB immigration.

You've gummed up the thread.  This topic is about getting a visa for THAILAND at the Thai consular services section in Vientienne, NOT getting a Lao visa.  It would help if a moderator would delete your post and all replies to it.