Thai police chief suspects bomb and arson attacks are politically connected

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought: the 2 "bombs" in Khao Lak went off at 2 am.

I know the place quiet well: basically no one is on the streets, let alone markets, in Khao Lak at 2 am.

Not even in hi- season and now we are knee deep in lo- season!

It seems to me, that at least these to bombs were not meant to kill or even harm anybody.

Also the timing of the 2 devices in Phuket seems a little ...odd!

Near Bangla and at 8 am?

Not exactly the time, where you might actually cause carnage...

I have no theory or answer- it just doesn't seem to make a lot of "sense"! 

11 hours ago, djjamie said:

Well that is starting to become a no brainer.

To err is human (Unless your a red supporter who are never wrong) . I was wrong about the Eriwan shrine suspects. I hope I am wrong here too because if I am right we will see a lot more deaths by minority red terrorists.

I strongly support the majority here and I am confident they will  not be swayed by this violent minority groups causing death and fear in Thailand.

Or the trolls constanting defending the biggest threat to Thailand peace.

Issue the chief with another gold star, well done Sir , with all this wisdom can you tell the Thailand people if these attacks continue , how are you going to handle the situation , and even though you knew attacks were imminent ,  why didn't you advise the general public.

Regardless of if this is as the Russians warned an ISIS influenced attack ...( as warned in December 2015 that they were present) ....or disenfranchised freedom fighters shutting down tourism over junta oppression ....it's terrorism.

Ignoring and denying Thailand is now dangerous is grossly irresponsible .http://m.jpost.com/Middle-East/ISIS-Threat/Russian-intelligence-warns-Thailand-ISIS-militants-infiltrated-country-436313#article=10374MEQyQzJENDM3NkUyRUJCNTM0QzI2MzY2MTY3M0QwRkE=

16 hours ago, baboon said:

<removed> You don't hope you are wrong at all. You desperately, hysterically hope you are right.

Either that or you don't care either way and are simply trolling.

I've watched as DJJamie has become less and less rational over a short time, and more and more hysterical and eccentric.

I honestly begin to see what people have said about the man may indeed be right, and that doesn't even include the suggestion that he is in fact a sock-puppet of one of the odder unpaid staff.

I think I feel an addition to my ignore list coming on...

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

16 hours ago, Winniedapu said:

"Police chief suspects bomb and arson attacks are politically connected"

Way to go Sherlock...

winnie

Singing the same old theme...blame it on PPT, redshirts and Thaksin....:cheesy:

19 minutes ago, chuang said:

Singing the same old theme...blame it on PPT, redshirts and Thaksin....:cheesy:

Well, in fairness, I was commenting less on the obvious paranoia about Thaksin, but the remarkable astuteness that a bombing (which is always a by-product of political conflict) was politically related.

I can't understand why desperation to get your face on TV is worth looking like a complete tw@t because everything you say that isn't 'good morning' or 'good afternoon' is inevitably stupid. Life's hard enough on a good day without voluntarily looking like a moron.

Winnie

11 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Incompetent or tyrannical leadership depends upon an external party to which blame for the nation's ills are attributed. 

Expect these bombings to be used as a pretext for more repression. 

Well, if it wasn't that it'd have to be something else. I can understand the cynics who say this might have been a 'false flag' operation. I don't think it was but I don't know and will likely never know because I'm not smart enough to understand the midden which is 'Thainess'.

So the repression would increase anyway, anyone who believes word 1 of what Mr Prayuth says, needs (in my opinion) to get his bumps felt. Anyone who believes the tosh about reconciliation and moving Thailand forward is a lunatic (in my opinion) and needs urgent help.

Of course, you're right that the lemmings will blame Thaksin, but I don't think Thaksin is very important now...

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

18 hours ago, scorecard said:

"... time is on their side..."

Is that a confirmation they are waiting in the wings to get back to raping the country?

"... the Junta has made so many enemies, ..."

Well what would you expect, he's trying to get a lot of things back to an acceptable situation as in a civil society, therefore he has enemies - the folks who don't want change because it interrupts their chance at the trough. Not rocket science.

Back to raping the country?  Incredible how well the oppositions propaganda has been in convincing the helpful idiots that it was not them who neglected to develop Thailand, kept a third of the population without access to decent education or healthcare while "raping" Thailand of every resource it had, but that it was actually Thaksin, through the bringing of running water, electricity, free healthcare and access to further education in every province, that "raped" the country.  I know, but what about the rice scam, right?  

A post containing a link to an external site containing comments regarding HM the King has been removed as per this forum rule:

In using Thai Visa you agree to abide by the following terms:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Link to the forum rules:  http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-security-blast-idUSKCN10O09T?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Thai political party whose governments have been overthrown by the country's ruling generals denied on Saturday having any role in the bomb attacks on popular tourist destinations that killed four people and wounded dozens.

Whoever sees anything that looks very similar to this please notify authorities immediately.

Posted 8 hours ago. These are examples of what bombs look like. If you see something that looks like this in the video then warn people to stay clear and contact the police immediately on 911.

Edited by Wilsonandson

On 8/12/2016 at 4:58 PM, djjamie said:

Well that is starting to become a no brainer.

To err is human (Unless your a red supporter who are never wrong) . I was wrong about the Eriwan shrine suspects. I hope I am wrong here too because if I am right we will see a lot more deaths by minority red terrorists.

I strongly support the majority here and I am confident they will  not be swayed by this violent minority groups causing death and fear in Thailand.

Don't worry djjamie, WRONG defines you!

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Could be power struggle right at the top and a proxy war fought by generals. 

That's an interesting view Eric. There's a train of thought which I think ought to be considered based on the confluence of Hua Hun and Mother's Day (which seems oddly anachronistic among other bombings in the deep south), and that is that there is a budding rebellion from those in the military but not in Mr Prayuth's regiment (or whatever they're called in Thailand. As you will know, Prayuth's regiment is linked to Mother's Day and has had a remarkable rise to prominence since he was made army chief in a spectacular piece of poor judgment rather than argue with Prem who wanted him thus - perhaps for reasons which are now obvious). Even more so since he made himself PM.

It seems to be a reasonable train of thought to me, though I wouldn't know, not being really versed in these matters nor privy to the thoughts of anyone who is. But it seems reasonable to me, as someone on the outside looking in. That would make it a real problem, the military fighting the military. Wonderful of course, and supremely poetic, but a really vicious ant in Mr Prayuth's underpants.

The next few weeks will be interesting. If this was a shot across the bows (army-on-army), it seems to me there will likely be no more bombings. If it is unrelated (particularly if the redshirts have become belatedly militant), then it seems to me there will be.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

6 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Incompetent or tyrannical leadership depends upon an external party to which blame for the nation's ills are attributed. 

Expect these bombings to be used as a pretext for more repression. 

I'm a great believer in Napoleon's adage "never attribute to malice what is adequately explained by incompetence". One of the shrewdest observations ever made. But to be honest, I think Mr Prayuth is not just outstandingly incompetent, simple stupidity doesn't go any where near far enough, it's all gone well beyond mere incompetence.

This is now deliberate malice, and there is always a price to be paid.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu
typo