Visa Run To Angkor Wat

I have never been to Angkor Wat but would like to visit there.

I live in Pattaya, and I was thinking about incorporating a visit there on my next Cambodia visa run on Saturday, November 25.

I checked out a few visa run companies on Soi Buakhao and they are charging between 8,900 and 15,500 baht for 3 night, 4 day packages including visa and accommodation. Flying and minibus both work out to around 15K.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to do this at the best possible price? Are these agencies charging the right price?

This will be my second entry on a 3-entry visa, so I'm looking at getting a 60-day stamp. I would be concerned about crossing the border on my own without an agent just in case I was refused a 60-day stamp.

I will be travelling with my Filipino GF who also requires a stamp. She does not require a Cambodian Visa, which will save around 1000 baht.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Edited by tropo

I don't know what you consider the right price but do not believe trips to Angkor are ever on the cheap side and we are now getting into the tourist season. But that is just the take of outside eyes as have no knowledge of the travel business.

As for an agent - what exactly do you expect him to provide (other than taking care of the details of a organized trip)? If you can not cross the border yourself he is not likely to be of any help. And in some recent cases the "agent" has, for some, become the broken wheel and caused travelers problems. If you have a tourist visa and a passport that still allows 60 day stay that is what you will receive by all accounts. You could be asked to show 20k in funds but even that is not normally checked.

The cheapest way to get to Siam Reap is to go to Khaosan Rd. in Bangkok and book from there. By Bus (which is a very tough trip) it is only a few hundred baht. In Siam Reap clean fan room Guesthouses are less than 10usd and an Air-Con Hotel room starts at around 50usd.

For a 60 day Tourist Visa you have to go to Phanom Penh and the easiest way to get there from Siam Reap is by boat.

i agree 100% with 'cobber'.

been there, done that.

when i did it the bus from khaosan road was 100 baht.

some people had only paid 80 baht.

but that was 3 years ago, so expect to pay a little more.

the catch is the bus takes age's to get there, with many stops.

so as to arrive at a guesthouse late evening to to check into

the guesthouse they want you to stay at, nothing wrong with that

cheap and cheerfull, i stayed in the same place a week, only

7 usd a night.

its a bit crazy at the border, but thats part of the fun.

Also, bear in mind that in Cambodia people use Dollars not Baht. You don't need to convert into loal currency, and, if you take the KSR bus, you will stop by a currency exchange that is a total ripoff. The KSR is very cheap, but if flying is a possibility I'd recommend that - the trip by minibus is difficult. The bus is bad, the road is bad, and the food is bad...

Guest Houses in Siam Riep are really very cheap, but the food is awful.

Ankhor is great! Make sure to stop by the land mine museum! And yes, the place they took us too was OK - I looked around a bit and had no problem with the price or the room.

You will pay like $20 for 1 day pass, or $40 for 3 days. (per person) Thats the most expensive part. You can get a 5-7 day pass, bt after 3 days you *WILL* be going "oh jesus- not another temple!" :o