Hungarian con artists who used to live in Pattaya info please

tuonsai

I lost tens of thousands of USD to a Hungarian con artist couple who lived in Pattaya,

won't post their names here since my last post got deleted.

The guy was into antiques and helping animals, together with his girlfriend, very short hair also into helping stray animals.

If you have info or were also conned by this couple please PM. They are currently in Hungary and I intend to take legal action.

Thank you

Just now, moonseeker said:

Were these Romas? Possibly living / active in Sweden? Possibly part-time in Pattaya during winter-time? Not g.f. but wife & husband team? MS>

No they weren't Roma. They're a white Hungarian couple. I met them in Hungary, invested money with them and they ran off to Thailand with my money and without my permission around 2005. They lived in Pattaya for many years, always promising to repay me and paying small amounts. We signed a contract where they gave their Mercedes benz as collateral, however they ended up selling that instead of giving it to me.

20 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Good luck, not a place to meet decent people though is it, let alone honest ones.

Are you tarring everyone who lives in Pattaya with the same brush? Pretty closed-minded.

^^^ There are some decent people here: I'm one and I know a few others, but that said the place does seem to attract a lot of losers and scammers of all skin colours and nationalities. So the odds of meeting a turd here are quite high, and probably higher than in some other places. I certainly would not be inclined to start a business venture with anyone I met here or who lives here, nor would I lend any money to anyone here (unless I didn't care about getting it back).

12 hours ago, giddyup said:

Are you tarring everyone who lives in Pattaya with the same brush? Pretty closed-minded.

well can you name one story in the Pattaya forum not about death, cheating, thieves, mugging, violence and of course all the degenerate goings on, people being scammed etc etc, just one positive item?

44 minutes ago, thai3 said:

well can you name one story in the Pattaya forum not about death, cheating, thieves, mugging, violence and of course all the degenerate goings on, people being scammed etc etc, just one positive item?

44 minutes ago, thai3 said:

I don't have to, there's plenty of good news stories if you'd bothered to look. There's also thousands of normal people who live in Pattaya, with families. To label everyone who lives in Pattaya as a degenerate is just ridiculous. I've lived here for over 6 years, never had a break-in (neither have any neighbours) and never been mugged or had any trouble of any kind. You obviously don't live here, probably never been here, yet you feel that you know enough to pass judgement. I suggest you broaden your mind.

I think the point he made was that there are more scammers living in Pattaya than compared to lets say Chiang Mai. In percentage , it doesnt mean that all of us are scumbags , just maybe 10 times more of a chance to find "a bad guy" living in a city like Pattaya .  

Edited by balo

5 hours ago, thai3 said:

Not worth it,   its way to Dull for me. :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, thai3 said:

You can't then as I already knew :whistling:

I count 13 posts (out of 17) on this page alone that have nothing to do with crime in Pattaya, but I guess that still wouldn't be enough to change your prejudiced opinion. You didn't say, have you ever been to Pattaya? I doubt it. You need to get out more, and experience the real world.

Edited by giddyup

23 hours ago, tuonsai said:

No they weren't Roma. They're a white Hungarian couple. I met them in Hungary, invested money with them and they ran off to Thailand with my money and without my permission around 2005. They lived in Pattaya for many years, always promising to repay me and paying small amounts. We signed a contract where they gave their Mercedes benz as collateral, however they ended up selling that instead of giving it to me.

This might be too obvious, but have you contacted immigration or the police?

25 minutes ago, LennyW said:

This might be too obvious, but have you contacted immigration or the police?

Not yet, it's a very long process in Hungary. I'm looking for other people they might have also conned, to provide testimony, etc. Similar con artist did get put in jail but the legal process takes years.

There's a Hungarian fellow who regularly posts on a couple of Pattaya forums who goes by the name of Gabor. He is well known in certain circles and could possibly assist you in your quest for justice. If they're Hungarian it's likely he'll know 'em as he's been a regular in Pattaya for years.

2 hours ago, yogi100 said:

There's a Hungarian fellow who regularly posts on a couple of Pattaya forums who goes by the name of Gabor. He is well known in certain circles and could possibly assist you in your quest for justice. If they're Hungarian it's likely he'll know 'em as he's been a regular in Pattaya for years.

Thanks a lot Yogi100!