Frightening Feeling

Gonzo the Face

I got an email this morning and cannot get the thought out of my mind.  I want to ask all. have you read/heard of any of these happening in the CM, or anywhere close in our part of the world???

https://www.youtube.com/embed/TLUgEXI9RYI?rel=0

This will give you a jittery feeling.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Had a few in the nearest city to me in UK. People should really know by now as it is confined to a fairly smallish area, which has chalk rock underneath and it happens fairly often. Funnily enough that area has some of the most expensive houses !

Chalk and limestone rock underneath makes it more likely.

Plasma cosmology.  Bunkum!

Correct - The sun is beginning a less intense cycle.  Earthquake activity is increasing.  The earth's rotation is slower ... by about a blink of an eye every 100 years!

Sinkholes more likely over subterranean limestone formations eroded and weakened by groundwater, also weight of buildings (proven in China), old mine shafts collapsing etc.

True, limestone can be eroded by water, but it can then collapse when the water table drops due to drought or increased pumping.  Old sinkholes are a common feature across Florida, new ones sometimes arise in inconvenient locations.

In terms of risk, they are less likely to kill you than a lightening strike but more likely than a meteor.  They aren't nearly as dangerous as the roads in Thailand and the rest of the world.

Well, Gonzo, my human meat-package grew up (in the narrow sense of biological maturation into  the male of the species) in Florida, and sink-holes were not uncommon, there. 

But, the sinking feeling I get when I (accidentally) look in a mirror, and see this parody of the beauty of the sublime orangutan form ... that is the greater depression.

cheers, ~o:37;