Do expats need a relationship to be happy here?

JJGreen

2 minutes ago, transam said:

No, and not taken personally. You brought the 'mum' thing into a guys future stuff, why was that...?

Dude...give it a break will you? u have an unhealthy obsession with the personal details of other posters. They answer you, ask you to leave it alone, and you keep on and on and on

It reminds me of a toothless soi dog trying to gnaw at a week old meatless  bone 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I have an unhealthy obsession with other posters.....:lol:

I give comment that l think needs a reply and that is obsessive.............:cheesy:

Problem with you and SB is you cannot take criticism from any quarter when it is on topic but you don't like it.....Can read you both like a book..:)

What criticism?

10 minutes ago, transam said:

I have an unhealthy obsession with other posters.....:lol:

I give comment that l think needs a reply and that is obsessive.............:cheesy:

Problem with you and SB is you cannot take criticism from any quarter when it is on topic but you don't like it.....Can read you both like a book..:)

You must read braille if you beleive that you have any clue how I think, based on your comments.

just because u think it needs an answer doesn't mean I do.

Just now, transam said:

:P....So you forgot about a guys mum now......Glad you have realised it was not the best place to go....You are learning...........:)

I have no idea what this post is supposed to mean.

I haven't commented on anyone's mum.

The whole point is not needing a relationship here in LOS- you can have a different chick every night. Codependancy is not needed or any kind of inedequacy based relationships here. no bickering- sulking- arguing- no sexual boredom- no love crap  dependancy. If some people carry their emotional baggage with them when they live in Thailand they have lost  a lot of opportunities.

6 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Does a different chick every night really make you happy, though? Surely it gets old after a while?

I already struggle to get it up for the 2nd round after 20 minutes.

Every night would be torture.

On 8/14/2016 at 4:16 PM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

This is a good topic, unfortunately after the first half of the sentence I feel like I have been trolled. 

How about you reconfigure your thoughts better next time?

For heaven sake, man! Lighten-up! How about you re-configuring your arrogant, pissy personality, for a change. Phew!  

Edited by NativeSon360

25 minutes ago, Seraphina said:

Actually, I don't think this person can SPEAK English. He certainly can't WRITE in English. So much for so-called, 'intelligence'.

Duh! Since when does the ability to SPEAK/WRITE English become synonymous with a person's level of "intelligence"? Perhaps you have the ability to explain that comparative equation, in plain, "discernible" English, instead, eh? :whistling: Waiting for your RSVP.

Edited by NativeSon360

3 hours ago, The manic said:

The whole point is not needing a relationship here in LOS- you can have a different chick every night. Codependancy is not needed or any kind of inedequacy based relationships here. no bickering- sulking- arguing- no sexual boredom- no love crap  dependancy. If some people carry their emotional baggage with them when they live in Thailand they have lost  a lot of opportunities.

I hadn't thought of the baggage in terms of lost opportunities. It's a good point which I'll remember 

7 hours ago, Seraphina said:

This forum seems to be very male-dominated. So I thought I would like to rectify that by stating the following:

"Some British women, myself included, would say this about average British men and certainly many Americans." I'm still waiting to meet any male under the age of 35 whose mother tongue is English and who doesn't say 'like' 20 times in a 120 seconds.

Intelligence isn't just a question of education. There are in any case, many forms of 'intelligence'; and these are distinct from being 'brainy'. In my time, I've mixed with a considerable number of doctors who have surprised me with their very low level of 'emotional intelligence'. 

Btw, I don't support mixed marriages myself as I come from one. However, I can say with my hand on my heart, I've met very few British men who have known what non-visible light is, and who could explain, even as a mother-tongue English speaker, the difference in meaning between 'invisible' and 'non-visible'. 

Now I'm not a scientist, nor did I study science at A'level, not even physics as O'level, but even I know the answers to these questions! How many of you know the the difference between a semi-colon and a colon and when to use them? So now ask yourself, are you half-educated in my female Asian eyes.

I think we have to be mindful of how we 'sterotype'. 

Although stereotypes can be true in the majority of cases I do agree with you on this . My biggest dislike on this forum is the total disrespect of western women and then the flip flop that the farm

girl they have married is not intelligent enough ! Sometimes you just have to look in the mirror to figure out where it is going wrong .

5 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Although stereotypes can be true in the majority of cases I do agree with you on this . My biggest dislike on this forum is the total disrespect of western women and then the flip flop that the farm

girl they have married is not intelligent enough ! Sometimes you just have to look in the mirror to figure out where it is going wrong .

Been my experience that the Thai farm girls are quite a bit more intelligent than the Western tradesmen (hourly employees) that have moved to Thailand.  I married a Thai person of roughly the same age, education and social background as myself.  This is not a difficult thing to do.  If you are a farmer marry a farmer's daughter.  If an engineer marry a Thai lady engineer - there are certainly enough of them or a woman of equivalent education and social standing.  I like Thai women because they have a better understanding of the male of the species instead of some PC movie image so common in other countries.   You can only watch Bridget Jones Diary so many times.

1 hour ago, NativeSon360 said:

Duh! Since when does the ability to SPEAK/WRITE English become synonymous with a person's level of "intelligence"? Perhaps you have the ability to explain that comparative equation, in plain, "discernible" English, instead, eh? :whistling: Waiting for your RSVP.

Keep up Nativeson! Mr. Green was talking about language and communication issues. I can see you're not a lawyer? And yes, intelligent people are very often polyglots (pick up a dictionary).

To learn a language, you need both mathematics AND music. If you have one and not the other, you’ll experience learning, speaking and comprehension difficulties; so yes, language is a recognized form of intelligence (pick up any book by Howard Gardner).

If you come from the UK, you will know that all students wishing to study medicine must speak either Latin or French, or both to get into a good medical school - or at least they did in my day.

You also ought to know that the entrance exam for both Oxford and Cambridge Universities require you to pass a written French exam which is advanced level (get an education, boyo!). And, at the risk of speaking simple English to someone who clearly didn't go to either Oxford or Cambridge, comparatives in this context are NOT equations. Comparatives in English include: good, better, more stupid and less intelligent (pick up a grammar book).

On dit, «L'ignorance peut être éduqué. La folie peut être traité, mais il n'y a pas de remèdie pour la stupidité.» I’m sure even with a measly C at O’level French, you Nativeson360, can work this one out.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Edited by Seraphina

18 minutes ago, Chapelroad said:

he OP originally started a thread about his girlfriend, but now he says he is happy single ?

I rest my case. 

OP is a dedicated TV troll and I suspect he will dissappear within a few weeks. 

1 hour ago, Seraphina said:

Keep up Nativeson! Mr. Green was talking about language and communication issues. I can see you're not a lawyer? And yes, intelligent people are very often polyglots (pick up a dictionary).

To learn a language, you need both mathematics AND music. If you have one and not the other, you’ll experience learning, speaking and comprehension difficulties; so yes, language is a recognized form of intelligence (pick up any book by Howard Gardner).

If you come from the UK, you will know that all students wishing to study medicine must speak either Latin or French, or both to get into a good medical school - or at least they did in my day.

You also ought to know that the entrance exam for both Oxford and Cambridge Universities require you to pass a written French exam which is advanced level (get an education, boyo!). And, at the risk of speaking simple English to someone who clearly didn't go to either Oxford or Cambridge, comparatives in this context are NOT equations. Comparatives in English include: good, better, more stupid and less intelligent (pick up a grammar book).

On dit, «L'ignorance peut être éduqué. La folie peut être traité, mais il n'y a pas de remèdie pour la stupidité.» I’m sure even with a measly C at O’level French, you Nativeson360, can work this one out.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

I can always tell who the real life losers are on TVF. God bless you, Serphina! Adieu! :cheesy:

49 minutes ago, Chapelroad said:

The original OP by a sad yank,said with

'my lady bought too many tissues' thread is totally pathetic.

And as soon as I see the word 'dude', it is a non starter.

The OP originally started a thread about his girlfriend, but now he says he is happy single ?

I rest my case. 

Dude...U needs to read what I write more more closely. As a detective you would be a failure.

Offer an opinion on the topic if u have one and avoid the churlish  personal stuff.

Thanks buddy.

2 hours ago, Seraphina said:

You also ought to know that the entrance exam for both Oxford and Cambridge Universities require you to pass a written French exam which is advanced level (get an education, boyo!). And, at the risk of speaking simple English to someone who clearly didn't go to either Oxford or Cambridge, comparatives in this context are NOT equations.

I never did a French exam.

Let me expand: there are generally three ways in to Oxford --

1. Qualifications. Typically you needed three "A" levels, all at grade A

2. The Oxbridge entrance exams

3. The interview

I don't know how things work these days, but I never did a French exam.   

2 hours ago, Fabricus said:

I never did a French exam.

Let me expand: there are generally three ways in to Oxford --

1. Qualifications. Typically you needed three "A" levels, all at grade A

2. The Oxbridge entrance exams

3. The interview

I don't know how things work these days, but I never did a French exam.   

I think being an expert in aviation mishaps qualifies people too ! :cheesy:

The put down of Western females, on Thai Fora is well known.  We are great big fat lumps. All of us, without debate.

Those of us that stick around and take the crap, actually laugh at the poor little diddum males that call us horrible names or Feminazis.  When their "marriages" go sour or she left me for the Swedish guy next door...  We giggle.

It used to get to me, not any more.

30 minutes ago, Patsycat said:

The put down of Western females, on Thai Fora is well known.  We are great big fat lumps. All of us, without debate.

Those of us that stick around and take the crap, actually laugh at the poor little diddum males that call us horrible names or Feminazis.  When their "marriages" go sour or she left me for the Swedish guy next door...  We giggle.

It used to get to me, not any more.

I have never understood the 'Thai women are better ' argument . I'm married to a Thai myself, as an individual she is great!  certainly helps that she was educated and is working in the west . If that was not the case I would certainly be with a western woman who I share an identity and culture with . There is beautiful and intelligent white women throughout the world and I for one won't stop admiring them (just don't tell the wife ) ?

Edited by chrisandsu

1 hour ago, chrisandsu said:

I have never understood the 'Thai women are better ' argument . I'm married to a Thai myself, as an individual she is great!  certainly helps that she was educated and is working in the west . If that was not the case I would certainly be with a western woman who I share an identity and culture with . There is beautiful and intelligent white women throughout the world and I for one won't stop admiring them (just don't tell the wife ) ?

Like I said the farm girls are smarter than most Farang.  I'll bet they know why 98% of the posters on Thai Visa are males.:cheesy:

The idea that all farang women are fat angry hags is  transparently false to anyone but the deluded, as is the idea that all Thai women are stunningly beautiful icons of femininity. One wonders whether these guys seriously believe this stuff.